• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My idea for the Original Dragon

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
So I had an idea of how the Original Dragon can be implemented, his BST, his signature moves and how his design looks, etc. This post will be long.

The method of obtaining the Original Dragon:

Before I can explain every core thing about him, I have to explain how to get him first. Kyurem can fuse with either Reshiram or Zekrom thanks to the DNA Splicers, however, the DNA Splicers only allow for one fusion of the dragons to take place, so Kyurem can only become White Kyurem or Black Kyurem. My idea on how to restore the Original Dragon would be introducing a second item that allows fusion to take place. It would function exactly the same as the DNA Splicers, except for one thing, it can only be used on White Kyurem or Black Kyurem and cannot be used on base Kyurem. The method is as follows: Use the DNA Splicers on Kyurem to fuse him with Reshiram/Zekrom to transform him into White Kyurem/Black Kyurem. Second step is using the second fusion item on White Kyurem/Black Kyurem to fuse him with Zekrom/Reshiram.

Now for the BST:

I disagree with the idea of the Original Dragon being a bulky Pokemon as the Tao trio, in general, are supposed to be offensive Pokemon, their stats will tell you why. The natural role for the Original Dragon stat-wise would be a better mixed attacker with a litte bit of Speed thrown in there. But hey, that's how I view the stats of this mysterious Pokemon.

HP: 125

Attack: 140

Defense: 105

Sp. Atk: 140

Sp. Def: 105

Speed: 105

Total stat: 720

Now for the Ability:

Since Pokemon can only have up to two types, I personally prefer for him to have an ability that boosts the power of Fire and Electric-type moves, that way, he can still be a Dragon-type without losing the whole plasma energy thing the Tao trio has going on. In speaking of types...

The typing:

I believe that Dragon/Normal-type is the best fitting type for the Original Dragon, Normal only has one weakness and it gives the Original Dragon immunity to Ghost-type attacks. The Dragon-type is obvious for this Pokemon. This Pokemon would now be weak to Fighting, Fairy and Dragon and would resist Electric, Fire, Grass and Water.

The moves:

Talking about the typings would obviously need to include the moves as well. Much like how Glaciate and Scary Face can change into other moves, I think it's high time to make sure most of the moveset changes along with the form so the new ability isn't useless. For example, instead of Ice Beam, the Original Dragon has Flamethrower in its place, etc. This also goes for the signature moves, the first signature move would look like a combination of Blue Flare and Bolt Strike and it would occupy the spot of Glaciate/Ice Burn/Freeze Shock, this move would be a Fire-type move, I'm not sure about the naming of it or the other signature move, which by the way, would look like a combination of Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt and it would be an Electric-type move and would occupy the spot of Scary Face/Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt.

For my second favorite part, his design:

I imagine him to have a more masculine and slim look, with the body-type resembling Zekrom's body to some degree, but with the torso being a little longer. He would have two horns that resemble Zekrom's/Black Kyurem's horn as well as the manes of Reshiram/White Kyurem, he would also obviously have that yellow crest of Kyurem. He would also have a mix of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's arms and wings. The overall look would have both black and white being the primary part of the design and gray being the secondary part. The eye color would be yellow on the whites, red pupil on the left side, blue pupil on the right side, this gives an overall feeling of yin and yang. The tail will be a combination of the base of White Kyurem's tail with the top of Black Kyurem's tail. Finally, the one that I was wanting to say for the entirety of this post, no ice at all. The reason why Kyurem is frozen in the first place is because of the absence of energy, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem also makes sense in this regard because that's only some of the energy, not all.

Now for my absolute favorite part, what story moments lead to him:

He would appear in a Delta Episode-esque kind of postgame, The Swords of Justice are furious for the possible harm done on Pokemon by Team Plasma, so they attack humans. This is obviously a bad thing, so you get called upon to meet up with N on how this problem can be solved. N decides to part with his dragon since he trusts the player will be a better trainer with the dragon, since he saw them use their dragon to defeat him back at the Pokemon League. After N returns his dragon to its stone form, he tasks the player to climb Dragonspiral Tower again to have N's former dragon join their side. With both Reshiram and Zekrom acquired, the player learns about Kyurem when Drayden meets them. After the talk with Drayden, the player goes to the Giant Chasm and finds the DNA Splicers at Kyurem's cave's entrance. The player goes in, battles and catches Kyurem, with all three members of the Tao trio acquired, the player is confronted by Colress. After a battle against him, Colress tells the player that he has found a way to allow Kyurem to reach the fullest potential. He then gives the item that fuses White Kyurem/Black Kyurem with the remaining dragon. Once the player restores the Original Dragon, three separate battles against The Swords of Justice in separate locations happen, once they are defeated or caught, Keldeo appears in front of the player, one more battle taking place. Once Keldeo is caught or defeated, the post-game story ends.

Technicalities with these moments:

Yes, all three members of the Tao trio must be caught for the post-game story to progress and Kyurem must be in its Original Dragon form for the battles against The Swords of Justice to happen. If the Swords of Justice were to be defeated, they can be battled again in their respective caves, with a rematch against Keldeo being in the same forest that gets its signature move.

Last edited:
Cool.

why normal and not fairy?

Ability could be called Turboplasma?

Hmmm I would hope the dragons get megas, the fussion could be a Gigantamax for of them fusing together?

Kyurem would deserve something dragon/ice for him own... a mega form for him, the others too... then they could unite using a splicer...

DNA splicer is cool but in double battles would be cool to have DNA rings and make it for more pokemon... then 9 and 5 could be a good way to introduce a form of Fussion, Plusle and Minum, and some other interesting few pairs... we have many monotypes in gen 5 that could fuse together into Fusion Forms- similar to megas or be Gigantamaxing for 3 turns; to end of battle like megas; or maybe for 5 turns depending on how strong the pair together would be? two pokemon with base 500 stats pokemon after fusing should have something like 750 stats?
after faiting or turn limit could get seperated/transformed back? They would gain new ability, form and maybe a moveset mix of two?
Thats why I proposed Gigantamax, would be easy to call it "Combinermax" would use the same Max moves alredy created for D-max and get a C-move on top of that... similar to D-max and G-max but the pokemon would get also a new ability and oryginal new stats and boost of hp... would make sense and be more simple in creating.

-Swana and Jellicent transform together into Darkswana, ghost/flying

-Cling Clang and Haxorus fuse into Clangaxorus, dragon/steel pokemon...

could be fun. If they create items and moves to cause double battles and summoning pokemon to the field of course.
Then after "fussion" the battle would change into a one against two pokemon or oponent could try to counter with a Fussion?
The amount of such pokemon would be in forms? 25? means using about 50 pokemon? if gen 9 features it then

then when you use a Kyruem and one of the other you could activate the white or black form, and during a triple battle the Oryginal dragon.

Also during single the oryginal could be castet as a pokemon via DNA Splicer... during doubles one of the dragons with the Kyurem oposite form.

Seems complicated but possible. That would add 3 forms for them and one for the Oryginal dragon, that would be 4.

Why not create the oryginal dragon a dragon move that could burn/paralyze/freeze oponents not mater what ability or type they are?
Plasma Breath or Plasma Fire?

The point of the Original Dragon's fusion would be a permanent, central form with a different secondary typing from the other Kyurem forms. The Normal-type is supposed to represent it being whole again.

Last edited:
Don't have much to add in terms of what typing, ability and stats it would have, but it's a shame we never got the true Original Dragon as an actual pokemon we can have. Honestly, the thing that bothered me the most in all of Gen 5.

If i have to add something about it in terms of stats, i agree it should be a mixed attacker with more speed than Zekrom and Reshiram.

Last edited:
The point of the Original Dragon's fusion would be a permanent, central form with a different secondary typing from the other Kyurem forms. The Normal-type is supposed to represent it being whole again.

Hmmm then how would you get Kyruem and the rest back if you wanted?
Not better a Mewtwo method? that Scientist use DNA from all three to repond them in a natural and magic way at the same time?
Would be easier to catch it after scientist create it and less complicated.

Hmmm then how would you get Kyruem and the rest back if you wanted?
Not better a Mewtwo method? that Scientist use DNA from all three to repond them in a natural and magic way at the same time?
Would be easier to catch it after scientist create it and less complicated.
Just like Black and White Kyurem, the fusion would be reversible.

Update: I tweaked the Original Dragon's stat because it didn't add up to 720, added a little bit on the defense side and more on the attacking side.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom