• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My ideas for a GOOD spiritual successor to "Zoo Tycoon"

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Let's be honest, the Xbox One reboot of the Zoo Tycoon franchise was generally seen as disappointing by hardcore fans like me.

We need a spiritual successor, and a good one at that. My third BulbaBlog will discuss my thoughts to make a good zoo-building game for 2019 onward.

Let's start with the animals, because they're the most important part. My ideal roster for the base game to include anywhere from 70 to 100 animals. Let's go the latter number for something this ambitious

Your zoo would go by rank, and what animals you can get depends on the rank of your zoo. There will be Normal, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond. The higher the rank, the more and better animals you can adopt!

Normal Rank Animals:
Llama, Red Fox, African Spurred Tortoise, Indian Peafowl, Striped Skunk, Domestic Chicken, American Alligator, Dromedary Camel, Pygmy Goat, Shetland Pony, American Bison, Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig, Serval, African Penguin, European Hare, Border Leicester Sheep, Australian Black Swan, Caribbean Flamingo, Fallow Deer, Red-Tailed Boa

Bronze Rank Animals:
American Black Bear, Komodo Dragon, Masai Giraffe, Jaguar, Timber Wolf, Egyptian Cobra, Spotted Hyena, Aardvark, Southern White Rhinoceros, California Sea Lion, Baird's Tapir, Honey Badger, Two-Toed Sloth, Wild Turkey, Japanese Macaque, Moose, Reticulated Python, Grant's Zebra, Toco Toucan, Alligator Snapping Turtle

Silver Rank Animals:
African Lion, Sumatran Tiger, Hippopotamus, Sichuan Takin, Nile Crocodile, Ostrich, Indian Elephant, Polar Bear, Sea Otter, Okapi, Emperor Penguin, Black Rhinoceros, Grizzly Bear, Green Anaconda, Red Panda, Red Kangaroo, Koala, Tanuki, Mandrill, Fossa

Gold Rank Animals:
Amur Leopard, Giant Panda, Addax, Western Lowland Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Bornean Orangutan, Scimitar-Horned Oryx, African Bush Elephant, Snow Leopard, Przewalski's Wild Horse, Gharial, Matschie's Tree Kangaroo, Lesser Spotted Kiwi, Green Sea Turtle, Numbat, Scarlet Macaw, Bald Eagle, Giant Sable Antelope, Iberian Lynx, Tasmanian Devil

Diamond Rank Animals:
Triceratops, Unicorn, Abominable Snowman, Dodo, Velociraptor, Loch Ness Monster, Pulmonoscorpius, Gargoyle, Smilodon, Woolly Mammoth, Thylacine, European Dragon, Quetzalcoatlus, Chinese Dragon, Minotaur, Phoenix, Killer Rabbit, Holiday Reindeer, Ammit the Devourer, Megatherium

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom