• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Life As A Teenage Demon-Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstractwatercolor

Consider the coconut
Reaction score
It was evening, somewhere close to Chicago, She didn't know where, and Maya Dare was casing a demon across the freeway. The monster was hissing and spitting, frantically trying to either kill her or escape the squirt-bottle of holy water in her hand. Her choppy chestnut hair fell into her eyes, and all the could see was the fleeing demon.

HONK!!!

The sound of a car's horn permeated the still night air, and Maya would find herself caught in headlights. The car that beeped at her screeched to a halt, just a few feet from making her roadkill. The driver's sided window rolled down, and a teenage male poked his head out. "Hey lady, look both ways before crossing! Didn't your mother teach you that?" He shouted over the engine.

"She woulda if she wasn't dead!" Maya shouted back, stomping in frustration as the demon escaped into the night. "Now that demon got the fuck away, thanks."

"The hell are you doing chasing demons?" The boy shouted. "Never mind that. Don't you have a home to get to?"

"No, I don't, actually. Don't you have somebody-else to irritate?"

"Get out the damn road and I could find someone else to irritate!"

"Calvin, traffic's backing up." A female voice piped up from the passenger's seat.

"Know what, get in." The boy named Calvin said grudgingly as the sound of a door lock disengaging was heard. "We'll take you to town."

Maya grudgingly did-so, watching the driver and passenger warily.

As she opened the door, the overhead light came on, allowing Maya to see the two in the front. The driver was a boy with short brown hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. The girl next to him had similar features, but brown eyes. The girl excitedly turned to look at her. "Hi!" She exclaimed.

"...Hi," Maya replied warily after a moment, still clutching her squirt-bottle for dear life.

"Strap yourself in. And for God's sake, don't get any of whatever that is on my seats." The driver said, half-glaring at her through the rear view mirror.

"He's very protective of his baby." The girl said. "So what's your name?"

"Maya," She replied as she buckled herself in, "Maya Dare. Who are you?"

"I'm Camille." Camille said. "He's Calvin."

"So Maya, do you have anywhere to go?" Calvin asked, putting the car in gear and accelerating. Maya would notice, if she paid attention, that the car's interior was red leather, and very comfy. It was obviously an older model car, but very well-kept.

"I told you, I don't have a home. There's nowhere I gotta go and no place I wanna be."

"Well, you're sure as hell not sleeping outside." Calvin said. "It's cold, and the wild isn't a safe place."

"Sorry 'bout that. We hunt demons too." Calvin said. "But you gotta look both ways before crossing any road, especially a highway like this."

Maya smirked, rolling her eyes. "I was a little more concerned with the beast of Hell, to be honest."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom