• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia: {Game Over| Mafia is Magic}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claims we have so far

Slife – checks if someone’s role is a threat or not
Zexy – 2x Commuter The whole “pls don’t kill me mafia” thing was a double bluff so that they would either not bother or take the bait only for their kill to fail. It didn’t work very well because RainbowCloud outed that actions against me fail… it also make him look like a power role, which is probably why mafia killed him.
Kakashi – vanilla
Neonsands - vanilla
AussieEevee - vanilla
TheCapsFan – no claim yet
And the other mason has to be dylan…

Slife said that Kakashi is a threat. Kakashi claimed vanilla.
This means that at least one of Slife/Kakashi is mafia. It is even possible that both are mafia trying to confuse us, but I’ve been townreading Slife all the time because he really tries solving the game all this time. Also, if I were to believe Kakashi, town would be extremely weak. There would be pretty much no investigation role around (unless Caps is that role). Kakashi has always been inactive, trying to skate around the day phases, and even hammered leetic “by mistake”.

VOTE: Kakashi Hatake

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-14_23-25-58.png
    upload_2016-1-14_23-25-58.png
    327 bytes · Views: 139
  • upload_2016-1-14_23-26-1.png
    upload_2016-1-14_23-26-1.png
    327 bytes · Views: 142
I have no clue over how the attached files appeared btw.
Probably a mistake due to copypasting from Microsoft Word, which I use to type my long posts in.

Wait wait guys, this is going to end the phase.

If I die tonight, I advise the remaining town to do a public massclaim with nameclaiming. You should be able to put the rest of the pieces together with that information.

Night 3
Something something Flavor

Something something EQUESTRIA GIRLS

Something something this is literally the worst movie

"NUH UH! MY MOVIE WAS FANTASTIC" shouted Sunset Shimmer, clearly desperate for positive reinforcement.

How could you even make an entertaining movie. You're a cheesy cliché antagonist with horrendous hair colors and a stupidly convenient involvement in the story

I...I...I just wanted to be loved....

And that, my dear. is why you'll never be one of us. Your heart is weak with the love of friendship. I think it's time we ended your miserable pathetic life now and sent you back to high school with those reeeeeeeeal girls.

Kakashi Hatake has been lynched. He was...

Dear Kakashi Hatake, you are Sunset Shimmer.

15a.jpg
You are incredibly jealous of Twilight Sparkle, as you know she is the prodigal student of Princess Celestia. It should have been you instead. Why did Princess Celestia cast you away! It's totally unfair, so this friendship thing must be for chumps, because obviously people who try to befriend you are going to stab you in the back.

Since you don't have any special powers of major note, you have no night abilities to submit of your own. You still think that the Magic of Friendship is for weenies, and can still use your word and your vote to find it and get rid of it.

In short, you are the Town Vanilla.

You are aligned with the Those of Whom Hate Friendship, and win when anypony who supports friendship has been mercilessly slaughtered.

Night 3 has begun yada yada blah blah yakity shmackity let's have some homemade O.J.

And with that...the Magic of Friendship just outlasted the evils of chaos and terror, as they picked each other apart one by one while Friendship just sat by and watched. I'd come up with more entertaining flavor but I'm literally leaving work right now so instead you get really bad MLP fanart!

Overnight, Slife has been killed. He was...

Dear Slife, you are The Great and Powerful Trixie.

trixie_questions_life_by_dreatos-d5u3e0q.gif
You are a unicorn with some pretty cool magical powers. You live for the spotlight, and love to dazzle your way to the top, and get other ponies to cheer for you. It's awesome, having the amazing, show-stopping ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie! You also don't trust wheels. Why would you? They're probably out to get you, break and hit bumps, messing with your comfortable ride when you least expect it, just like friends. I mean really. One thing you know for sure, is that when Trixie is through with you, the only thing they'll call you is a loser!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Witness, [USER], gaze upon an even greater and powerfuler Trixie! You will cast an augmented spell on [USER] forcing them to glow in a muted green if they have any special powers in which might defeat you. Thus, if [USER] doesn't glow green, you will know for a fact that they have no way of targetting you with any special powers.

In short, you are the Town Active / Passive Role Checker.

You are aligned with the Those of Whom Hate Friendship, and win when anypony who supports friendship has been mercilessly slaughtered.

And with that, AussieEevee and NeonSands have been endgamed. They were...

Dear AussieEevee, you are Nightmare Rarity.

86b1beb5aa.jpg

You are born through a nightmare that plagues the Mane 6. You are really Rarity, but being stabbed in the back by your "friends", even in your dreams, proves to be too much for you to handle, and sends you on a spiral of rage. Princess Luna wants to stop you, as do your "friends", but what do you care? You're powerful! You won't let yourself be hurt by friends ever again!

Since you don't have any special powers of major note, and your fanart selection is far from hilarious, you have no night abilities to submit of your own. You still think that the Magic of Friendship is for weenies, and can still use your word and your vote to find it and get rid of it.

Dear Neonsands, you are Diamond Tiara.

full.png

You are a young student under Cheerilie in Ponyville. You have your cutie mark, and love to flaunt it in the face of other ponies, especially those without one. You live with your father, Filthy Rich, and sure do act like it, too. You also got a job for the school newspaper, the Foal Free Press. Did you have to step on a few ponies to get to the top? Sure. Did you hurt some feelings along the way? Who cares. You don't care about feelings!

Since you don't have any special powers of major note, you have no night abilities to submit of your own. You still think that the Magic of Friendship is for weenies, and can still use your word and your vote to find it and get rid of it.

Leaving the game's winners, Zexy and TheCapsFan, alive to revel in the glory of hilariously unsurprising plot twists as once again, Friendship is Mafia Magic!

TheCapsFan has won! He was...

Dear TheCapsFan, you are Fluttershy.

66423f0b36.png

You are a shy pegasus who can communicate with animals all across Equestria. You have a very quiet personality, but have been known to let your rage loose from time to time. You live with your rabbit pet, Angel, and have the uncanny ability to call animals to your aid in times of need. You love everything, and even sing about it! Friendship means pretty much everything to you, because you're friends with ponies and critters alike!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Don't make me do, The Stare! You will startle the target of your nightly faction kill with such incredible scariness, that they will be solidly petrified. This will give you the opportunity to steal their RolePM before performing the actual kill. Thus, the target of your factional kill will not have a rolePM to leave behind at a flip. You may only do this once, before the others catch on to the surprise power of your stare, and find it ineffective.

or

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Nopony pushes Fluttershy around! You will let loose a pent up rage that will not only scare your nightly faction kill target, but force them to run away. They will just up and run away without leaving a trace, knowing that friendship was really the way they should've been following. Because they will run away just because of your voice, no one will see you lay a hoof on your target, and not be able to tell that you performed this action. You may only do this once, as you only have enough bottled up anger for one outburst of this magnitude.

In short, you are the Mafia One-shot Janitor / One-shot Ninja.

You are aligned with The Magic of Friendship, and win when The Magic of Friendship prevails over all!

Zexy has won! He was...

Dear Zexy, you are Twilight Sparkle.

225596__safe_twilight-sparkle_animated_scrunchy-face_50e03067a4c72d77460006b6_vibrating.gif

You are the savior of Princess Celestia, Ponyville and pretty much all of Equestria. You've saved its inhabitants at least half a dozen times, and continue to do so, while pursuing your studies on the subjects of magic and friendship. Your cutie mark represents your prowess and love for magic, and your friends keep your hopes high and your skills in tune. You believe in the power of friendship more than anypony else, and it shows! Just look at all the days you've saved!

During the night, you may respond to your RolePM with ##Night X: Elements of Harmony, protect me! You will use the powers of friendship to protect yourself from anything that could possibly affect you for the duration of one night. This takes a lot of power to use, and while you can keep up with the demands of energy from the Elements of Harmony, your friends cannot. Thus, you can only use this specific action twice. Also, if you use your barrier magic to keep harm from you, you cannot dish out harm as well, meaning that if you perform this action, you cannot perform the factional kill during the same night.

In short, you are the Mafia Two-shot Commuter.

You are aligned with The Magic of Friendship, and win when The Magic of Friendship prevails over all!

In short

Town MVP = Probably
Scum MVP = The atrocious activity ....Probably Zexy for kinda leading things by stalling conversation for long enough with the Commuter claim vs TheCoastingFan

tl;dr

This is why I like 72 hours day phases with hammers. I assume activity will always suck and if it doesn't then ppl can just hammer and end things when they want.

Congrats Zexy and CapsFan!

I was pretty sure Zexy was scum on day 2 but there wasn't the support to lynch him at the time, I was also sure I was going to get lyched on night 2 as a result of my suspicions as well and I did :D

Interestingly I asked Elie if I was allowed to self target on night 2, self targeting wasn't allowed in the game so I couldn't, but my plan if I was allowed was to target myself and redirect actions against me onto Zexy which could have been interesting.

Good game!

Elieson wanted me to post this in thread from our PM conversation
Slife said:
Welp, can't say I didn't call it in the end. Knew Zexy was mafia, just too stupid to act on it. Caps I only got at the end, once Kakashi flipped vanilla town, but still wasn't sure between him and Neonsands. Was gonna confirm with my night action tonight if I had the chance.

A few things about the setup that really threw me off. The NOC, having 3 vanilla townies in a setup of less than 10, and the hammer rule (especially this last one). Never played with any of those before.

to mislynch was my real test, I aced it, I'm a boss!
@TheCapsFan; we did it, with the power of friendship! You are the best scumbuddy I could have this game, it was a really nice ride :D
This is actually the first game I won as mafia in which the entire team survived!
In short

Town MVP = Probably
Scum MVP = The atrocious activity ....Probably Zexy for kinda leading things by stalling conversation for long enough with the Commuter claim vs TheCoastingFan

tl;dr

This is why I like 72 hours day phases with hammers. I assume activity will always suck and if it doesn't then ppl can just hammer and end things when they want.
Well played, Probably! :p :p :p
I don't think we really need to pick an MVP between 2 people. We both coasted equally well xD

tl;dr

I don't really like 72h days or hammers. They regularly are much more active and stressful. Bulba isn't used to them and this is what happens... I'll eventually rand town in such a game and experience the negative effects of it... although, if town, I would probably post a bit more, as the thread needed it as soon as d2, despite the finals.
Congrats Zexy and CapsFan!

I was pretty sure Zexy was scum on day 2 but there wasn't the support to lynch him at the time, I was also sure I was going to get lyched on night 2 as a result of my suspicions as well and I did :D

Interestingly I asked Elie if I was allowed to self target on night 2, self targeting wasn't allowed in the game so I couldn't, but my plan if I was allowed was to target myself and redirect actions against me onto Zexy which could have been interesting.
Thanks!

Well, you revealed being a power role in-thread.

That would be interesting, but since I was not the one placing the kills it would achieve nothing...
My role was great to coast the game with, a very townish claim to make when things get shaky, and Slife wouldn't get any sort of incriminating result against me. Caps' role was a bit harder to work with, and it showed given he never claimed. You don't just let people not claim at MILO, note for the future. Turbolynches are also a thing in hammer games, 2 votes on same person is dangerous at 6 player MILO.

3 vanilla townies was indeed a bit much, but the overall setup was pretty balanced, mafia wasn't very strong. Ninja kill was useless. We just have to get used to NOC as a community.

Thank you Elie for hosting. A small game was needed around this time.
hope Fruit Bowl begins soonish

Thanks!

Well, you revealed being a power role in-thread.

That would be interesting, but since I was not the one placing the kills it would achieve nothing...

It was a mistake to let that slip but I'm still new to this and have much to learn, wouldn't TheCapsFan's kill on me have killed you if I was allowed to do it though as all actions directed at me would have been redirected to you?

It was a mistake to let that slip but I'm still new to this and have much to learn, wouldn't TheCapsFan's kill on me have killed you if I was allowed to do it though as all actions directed at me would have been redirected to you?
Nope, because I was commuting, and commuting has priority over everything, including driving.
The kill would just fail.

Elie was actually worried that I could've been driven into getting janitor killed, which would be very strange as everyone would think I were town.
But I was pretty sure that commuting n1 and n2 was the way to go, because the game could end by d3.

Ah, I suppose it still would have still been worth doing if it would have saved me but all this is hypothetical anyway as it wasn't allowed :D
I probably should've stuck to my guns with my vote for you on day 2 as well, I changed my vote to leetic late on as time was running out and it looked like we were heading for another no lynch due to inactivity.

Driving yourself just doesn't make much sense flavor-wise

also
"I choose to drive me and A"
you were driven to A, so you chose to drive A and A instead
OOPS!

... which is why both me and Caps pushed on leetic. When you see 2 votes on someone and no votes on anybody else, you probably don't think that it is exactly the 2 scum voting someone... you also feel more forced to vote that person so that you won't risk another no-lynch. It worked even better when Kakashi hammered by mistake, which could be used as incriminating evidence against him next phase.

Read the mafia QT, and to answer your question Zexy, I lied about the results of my role action to apply pressure on Kakashi and see his response. The problem was the hammer rule making my reaction test plan backfire. My plan was to see who would jump on the Kakashi bandwagon, then clear Kakashi and use a massclaim to out scum.

I feel like the hammer rule in general favors mafia in a game this small. There's little room for error or misreads on town's part, and scum can snipe the kill before the player under FoS can defend themselves or say anything else before they die (such as last minute hardclaims). The same applies if someone is away for a while when the vote dramatically changes and by the time they come back it's too late. This is what happened to leetic before I could hear a defense from him.

Scum MVP = The atrocious activity
^ Pretty much. But I guess I deserve it after HP mafia :p

Last edited:
On mobile but

The idea of this game was to have both sides be relatively weak and encourage quick scumhunting and association building. The setup of town having Masons would optimally result in one mason dying early, the other claiming and the Driver protecting them while simultaneously acting as the Anti-Mafia. If Leetic claimed Mason, rainbow cloud could have sat and coasted while driving kills from Leetic to ???. The janitor's KO on one mason immediately meant that Leetic should've claimed early to encourage protection (or instill fear into the mafia of existing protection) and helped coordinate lynches

The active/passive checker existed to help catch liars in scum, assuming scum took up the idea of fake claiming an action like tracker and then be caught having a passive role. Considering how it worked out, it really didn't, but the role is light and allowed me to include a Driver which is super powerful compared to a doctor since it can make a mock-vig if used properly.

Mafia had a commuterX2 and a NinJanitor. The Ninja was a complete troll role, and the Janitor was mafias only real power. The commuter could not kill if he commuted so he was actually pretty weak, as all he could do with his role is dodge the cop/driver and risk leaving a townie alive. The faction also possessed a shared Hook-Or-Track one shot that either could use. The track would only confirm a PR existing between two of the seven town, and the hook was essentially the counter to the driver.

It was a very Role-Light game, inspirited by the goal of quick thinking and having votes be valuable weapons for town. The game was originally designed to have 72 hr days, in the hopes that people would capitalize on conversation, especially the three VanillaTown, as that is all the could do. The game also allowed for three mislynches, which is pretty standard if you ask me, since the driver could not actually make things worse for town, only worse for mafia.

Anyway that's about it. I'm stuck in traffic right now and figured I'd do this for now. Cya!

Nice idea, Slife... but not for hammer rule.
In other hammer games, people are very reluctant to put someone to "lynch-2" and even "lynch-3" in a MILO with 2 scum alive.
The game is much more active and drags until almost the last minute.

Caps has had a day in the sun before as scum, VGM.

Lots of vanillas are common in a NOC setup... which is information I withheld purposely, and that I would definitely reveal if I were town xD
I would also expect that there was no cop and doctor because of what Elie has said in the past.

Interesting thoughts on the setup, Elie... however, you should've expected the commuter to commute n1-n2 and just claim Commuter... then the NinJanitor would claim some active role, being afraid of a Tracker/Watcher (since they are Ninja)... which makes Active/Passive Role Checker much weaker, since the scum would claim in a way that would not make it a threat. Driver could've redirected a kill away from the mason... so what? The mason could've been killed later, since there was no protection. Not that an alive confirmed mason would do that much since all massclaiming could only happen publicly, and one of the mafia could claim Commuter and look very towny with it. Commuter not being able to make kills... would only matter if NinJanitor died early.

In the long run, I think you achieved the role-light setup very well, and the 3 vanilla were also good... problem is, Bulba isn't used to role-light setups yet, because of all the private townleading we had recently, resulting in inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom