• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia: {Game Over| Mafia is Magic}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait guys, this is going to end the phase.

If I die tonight, I advise the remaining town to do a public massclaim with nameclaiming. You should be able to put the rest of the pieces together with that information.

And now I can finally post the meme I wanted to post 3 hours ago. :U

tumblr_m7ncv6ZOP21r5r8duo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7ncv6ZOP21r5r8duo2_500.gif

tumblr_m7ncv6ZOP21r5r8duo3_500.gif

Congrats Zexy and CapsFan!

I was pretty sure Zexy was scum on day 2 but there wasn't the support to lynch him at the time, I was also sure I was going to get lyched on night 2 as a result of my suspicions as well and I did :D

Interestingly I asked Elie if I was allowed to self target on night 2, self targeting wasn't allowed in the game so I couldn't, but my plan if I was allowed was to target myself and redirect actions against me onto Zexy which could have been interesting.

A good game and a flawless win for the mafia. Good to see Caps finally getting his day in the sun as scum!

Thanks you guys! Like Zexy said, this is my second time winning a game as mafia...but it's the first win I've had in a while, actually the last one since VGM. So this was a nice present.

About the vanilla issue; I wasn't very surprised at first, considering the game I played on MU had 7 vanillas in it, I think. I had thought that maybe one of them (Aussie) was doctor and lying to save their skin, but I forgot that Elie doesn't like cop/doc.

Good game guys! I had fun :) Thanks to Elie for hosting, and doing a great job of it~

but I forgot that Elie doesn't like cop/doc.

False.

I dislike that forums play mafia as though a Doc & Cop are god given expectations for any and all mafia games that are played, and by running a game without a straight up *Doc* for protection and a straight up *Cop* for investigation, I hope people learn that:

• While it's probably abnormal for this forum's mafia, it's not abnormal for mafia in general to lack these standard roles and instead have alternatives
  • Scumhunting requires effort outside of relying on stuff to happen (looking at you @AussieEevee)
  • Applying pressure is a viable tactic, and in an NOC setup (and/or one with a hammer rule), it's way more important to utilize your vote as a method of applying pressure in order to generate events which lead to reads and/or slips (@Slife tried this but it backfired because of how late in the game it was attempted, which was still at least a good try)
    • Keep track of votes, all the time! In games where ties can occur and fuck over the game just as easily as a surprise lynch, watch out! When the mod states that it's *YLO, that means that one mislynch can screw the entire game. In this situation, it was with 6 living players, meaning that I basically said "Watch out, there's 2 non-town left alive". Putting a player at 2 votes when nothing is confirmed could be just like in OC, because inactivity can shoot jumpy town in the foot (@Slife, this was your issue)
  • Sharing information with people via slips in OC is just as dangerous as it is in NOC, if not more. Everyone in the game gets a fair chance to catch your slip (role slip, alliance slip). In OC, if you place trust in somebody, word can spread like wildfire and you can be off'd or hampered without having any idea why, or worse, because you trusted a fellow townie with loose lips (@Rainbow Cloud)
  • Say/Do Anything to push the game forward. If people try to push reads out of you, do the same right back to them, until there's something going on (@Kakashi Hatake). In all likelyhood, the more posts that occur in the game means that it's more likely that scum will slip up somewhere with an inconsistency that can be spotted later or a flat out ezpz scumtell
  • @leetic, if you're a mason and you're about to be lynched, with your co-mason dead, claim mason asap. Either you, the only likely recipient for protection, just let yourself die, or at worst, you draw out a mafia role tidbit via night action or flat out conversation which can help the rest of town figure out the puzzle. Town spent so much time in D3 trying to play Guess-The-Mason that it cut into scumreading and can probably be viewed as what caused town to trip over their own feet
  • Can't say much about @dylanpiera or @NeonSands, since honestly they both didn't do too much and dylan died before he really could.
  • Can't say much about @Zexy/@TheCapsFan since they arguably did exactly what was most optimal for their situation so gg
Also my D1 flavor was literally and metaphorically the greatest thing you've all ever seen and I'm sorry I failed to deliver anything great beyond that with the exception of Gruntilda, who needs to crash more mafia games

I apologize for that mistake on my end, Elie.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I probably am but I think what he means is in order to successfully scum-hunt and progress forward, you can't act passive once you push for someone?

Another thing I'd personally add about Masons...you have a partner, he's there, use them! I love being mafia/mason/cult/anything with a chat because I can just spew my random shit thoughts in the chat, and my buddies comment and give feedback to those ideas, which leads to conversation and strategy. Communication is key, in everything, not just in mafia (life lessons with Capsy), and lack of communication, especially between masons, makes the role useless! I dunno much but since stuff was so slow on D1 if I were dylan and leetic, I may have just claimed masons right away a-la XY to get some discussion flowing.

I apologize for that mistake on my end, Elie.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I probably am but I think what he means is in order to successfully scum-hunt and progress forward, you can't act passive once you push for someone?

I'm just confused then, because I didn't act passive once I pushed for Kakashi.

Oh, that. Maybe.

But my vote for Zexy wasn't pushing Zexy (Even though I should have! Mafia Zexy is dangerous :p), I was just trying to get the ball rolling with discussion.

Exactly! You can't just vote, and sit and wait for discussion to happen. Maybe instead of just saying "thoughts?" try and say "here is why I'm doing this and this is why Zexy is scum, what are your thoughts on this?" It doesn't have to be legitimate; mafia is a game of lying, anyway. :)

Oh, that. Maybe.

But my vote for Zexy wasn't pushing Zexy (Even though I should have! Mafia Zexy is dangerous :p), I was just trying to get the ball rolling with discussion.

The only time you really discussed anything [ with intent & effort ] related to trying to find scum was this post

b3445890c4.png

The only time you really discussed anything [ with intent & effort ] related to trying to find scum was this post

Ah. Yes. Posted that and went to bed. It was about 2 hours after midnight if i recall. Woke up in the morning to find the game over.

Second, how did you get the post history to show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom