• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Thoughts on Three's a Crowd.

I wasn't expecting much from this episode, I'm not a big fan of Twilight or Cadance at all, but a surprise visit from Discord certainly turned everything around. He might be reformed, but he's still a jerk, though a very entertaining one, that's for sure. He made this episode, and his song was easily my favourite from season 4 so far.

Last edited:
I kind of found this episode underwhelming, Discord's antics felt kind of stale for some reason, and there wasn't as much conflict as I was hoping. The song was all right, but nothing to obsess over (but then again, I'm not a big fan of the songs in the first place). I was kind of surprised that they referenced the Breezies when they're getting an episode later on, something tells me they'll be important to the plot.

Also, @Bouffalant Herdier, your spoiler tags aren't working.

Three's A Crowd
This episode was okay. Though I liked the revelation episodes more.
Pinkie being distracted by the balloon was a highlight for me. Another one was the Flash Sentry cameo.
I guess it has been a while now since Twilight now can fly well.
I'm happy that Rarity yelled at Discord for trying to ruin Twilight's and Cadence's day together.

Did anyone notice the BBBFF plushie discord had? Or the Harry potter reference? The ricola pony? BradFlash Sentry? Wet mane Cadance? Yesh. So many refrences, shoutouts, and so much continuity!

The Japanese dub of Pinke Pi'e Smile song.

[video=youtube;F2VwhYphk7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VwhYphk7A[/video]

So the episode got leaked. I gotta say, it's really the last few minutes that made the episode for me.

• I didn't expect to ship Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich this much. I actually cried when he explained to her how he became a party pony. I would be 100% okay with them becoming a canon couple.
  • Derpy is back! Also filly Derpy is freaking adorable.
  • I saw my boy Braeburn there at the start!
  • Pinkie had some great faces in this episode. The screencaps shall be glorious.
  • The real life footage for Boneless and Gummy was weird for me. I'm not a big fan of it in any cartoons, but it was especially weird to see it in MLP.
  • The songs were really great. That pop-esque song Pinkie sung at RD's party was super cute.
  • I am somehow not surprised by Pinkie knowing Spanish.
  • Another key down. Based on the pattern so far, Fluttershy is getting hers next in 'Filli Vanilli'.

Thoughts on Pinkie Pride.

So, we have Pinkie Pie to thank for Polkamon and Eat It? Cool, and I never realized before just how much Weird Al's hair looks like Pinkie's mane...

Anyway, I shouldn't have liked this episode, because I don't normally enjoy anything with this many songs, but it was so much fun, I didn't mind. Pinkie's been a bit of a spare part this season, so it's cool to see her back in the main role again, and with a new possible rival. (Even though he turned out to be a great guy) I LOL'ed at the part at the beginning when Cheese Sandwich said his name in a serious tone, and the story of his origin was touching. Pinkie sure earned her rainbow item, it was as ridiculous as she is.

Only problem I had with the episode was just how quickly everyone abandoned Pinkie once Cheese Sandwich showed up. What a bunch of jerks.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the new episode:

I've got to admit, I was a little apprehensive about this episode. Usually, episodes with special guests have trouble living up to the hype they generate, but this one did fairly well staying true to the core concept of the show and incorporating Cheese Sandwich into the universe. There were a few minor out-of-place moments were I felt they were overemphasizing the fact that there was a guest character, but it didn't hurt the episode overall.

I'm glad Pinkie was once again an actual character, like with "Apple to the Core". Pinkie is actually one of my favorite characters when she acts like an actual character, but it seems like recently she's been treated like a flat comic relief. Hopefully that was just a small phase and she'll be back to normal (or at least, normal for Pinkie Pie) in later episodes.

I'm also a sucker for songs to tell stories. I liked it when they did it for "Magical Mystery Cure", and I liked when they did it here.

Overall, I liked this episode, far more than I thought I would.

My observations of Pinkie Pride.
Only problem I had with the episode was just how quickly everyone abandoned Pinkie once Cheese Sandwich showed up. What a bunch of jerks.
I felt that they were carried away at the moment like how in Bats!, everypony else decided to side with Applejack rather than Fluttershy on what to do with the vampire fruit bats. It's the bandwagon effect.

I loved this episode especially the songs. The real life footage of Boneless and Gummy was okay for me as I have seen this technique done in other cartoons which somehow enhances the content more. I also loved how Pinkie realized that she should focus on her friends' needs rather than her own selfish needs. The more the merrier/better theme is somewhat implied.

Seeing that Pinkie inspired Cheese Sandwich to become a party pony somewhat reminds me of a manga (it's Crimson Hero) that I have mentioned before in the thread where the guy, who was inspired by the heroine of the manga, has a romantic interest in the heroine and sees her as some sort of superhero.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cheese Sandwich worshipped Pinkie somewhat, but I think he respects her rather than worshipping (or I don't know now) since he gave Boneless to Pinkie (I kind of think that Pinkie was the one who kind of gave it to him in the first place).

I need to re-watch the Spanish part of Pinkie's song.
Cheese Sandwich looked more like a Cheese Burger based on his coloring and my experience with internet memes.
I liked how Doctor Whooves made a cameo.
I feel that I have to re-watch the previous seasons due to the cameos of many characters in this episode.

It was so good to have Princess Cadenece and Discord back in Three's A Crowd.

And Pinkie Pride is the best FiM episode I ever seen.

Thoughts of Simple Ways.

Rarity speaking in a Southern accent. My life is officially complete.

I was surprised to see this episode had the same writer as Castle Mane-ia, (Easily my least favourite season 4 episode) because I really enjoyed it, it bought back a lot of memories of the sleepover episode from season 1. I just knew that the sorta love triangle would result in a Rarity and Apple Jack role reversal, and it definitely didn't disappoint. Odd that Spike went along with Rarity's plans so willingly, though; he didn't seem to mind that he had a rival for Rarity's affections at all.

My sides hurt after watching this week's episode. Rarity's exaggerated accent was too Fun-nay.

Is it me or does it seem like the slice of life episodes keep getting more boring as the series progresses? This episode wasn't bad, but for some reason I don't have as much enthusiasm for it as I did for the episodes earlier in the season. IDK what it is.

OK, can I just say, congrats to Tabitha St. Germain for pulling off
Rarity putting on a country accent with occasional but noticeable slipping?
That could not have been easy to do.

Bf6jgOOCYAA8dhW.png+large.png

Discord needs a song for his upcoming #EquestriaGames figure skating routine. What ideas do you have?? #MLPSeason4

Q: Anything at all you can spill about Equestria Girls 2, ostensibly subtitled as "Rainbow Rocks"?

A: It'll be adorable!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom