• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Another new commercial parody from The Hub's marketing team:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p50-oWY1pFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are some brony-specific references among the apps shown on the phone's screen, along with some other jokes that are probably targetted more at the adult audience than the kid one, such as:

rarityssecret.png

pnng.png

That was really clever on the marketing team doing that. They even snuck in a visual shoutout to Equestria Daily.

I am quite impressed by the work they put into making this commercial. It's pretty awesome.

Good to see that people understand that we're fans too!

anyone wanna answer my question that the mods moved into this general chat thread? :S

mine would be a pen or a book, cos i want to be a writer.

There are some brony-specific references among the apps shown on the phone's screen, along with some other jokes that are probably targetted more at the adult audience than the kid one, such as:
Not to mention "DJ-Pon3", "Derp-Zam!", and the "Equestria Daily" app.

I like how they take the various fanmade memes into account. Not many other shows do that.

I've been meaning to make a post on this thread for a while now, because this was actually the first place that I was exposed to this awesome show. Nearly half a year ago, I started seeing these ponies appear in many user avatars/signatures here on Bulbagarden Forums, and I was interested, thinking it was a new meme of some sort. So I went I looking up 'Unicorns'.. which clearly didn't lead me to MLP. I put it out of my mind after that, thinking it would appear to me at some point later in life.

Then about a month ago, as I was looking through StarCraft 2 videos, I stumbled upon PonyCraft 2. And then it hit me. I never thought about looking up MLP in the first place, because the art styles between the newest generation and the older ones were so vastly different.

I'll admit I was a semi-believer at first, I wasn't entirely defiant of this show (which was usually aimed at a certain, younger audience), but I've learned not to judge a show that's gone viral. So I watched an episode. And then another out of sheer curiosity. And then another.. In a few weeks I completely finished the first season and now I'm waiting for December to come around, so that I can get more of this great show.

It has very good writing and art and all the characters are very likeable; my favorites being: Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle. The humour is relatable to other audiences as well.. "And now the punch has been.. Spiked!" ~ Pinkie Pie; lol, really? + the awesome facial expressions that the artist conveys, it's just amazingly well done. I've actually watched many of the episodes over and over, and they've still got that charm and chemistry. The musicals work well, too, and although I still cringe when some of them spontaneously go off, I've found them enjoyable and funny; Pinkie Pie's dancing to Flutterguy's singing of Zecora's description was roflworthy XD.

ANYWAYS. Can't wait till Season 2. Maybe I'll hang around this part of the forums more often, with my brony herd. Awkward.

I do hope for Season 2 to be as good as Season 1 regarding more likable characters and the possible return of old favorites.

Indeed. We have a lot of expectations for Season 2 in the hopes that it will be every bit as awesome as Season 1.

It's pretty amazing to see how big the fandom has spread. The fans even thrive in places like Bulbagarden, communities not primarily dedicated to MLP.

I'm pretty sure the show will be as good in season 2 than it was in season 1. Like she said on her deviantART page, there are still a lot of amazing writers and artists in the MLP:FiM team that will make the show as good as ever, Lauren or not.

Not to mention that that a lot of the staff that worked on Season 1 are still there for Season 2, so they already have their direction well-established.

Horse-like animal/monster appearance speculations anyone? This is what I'll be hoping for:

Mules
Seahorses
Antelopes
Basilisk
Kraken
Vampire Bat
Llamas
Camels
Yaks
Bulls
Cyclops
Mole People (more like Mole Ponies)
Werewolf
Reindeer
Robot Ponies
Artificial Pony (like Frankenstein's monster)

So earlier this week I decided to give this show a try and I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it and couldn’t help but watch the entire season. At first Twilight was my favourite (and who I had voted for in this thread), but I have to say now that I’ve watched all the existing episodes, that that spot belongs to Fluttershy.
“You’re going to LOVE ME! “is probably my favourite line from the entire season xD
I’m actually still shocked at how much I liked the show and how each character has a vastly different, yet loveable personality. Definitely looking forward to that 2nd season ^^

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom