• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Wait, my little pony has been ANIMATED?! :eek: I like the cartoon ones now, but I like the old ones where you could brush there hair and stuff.

There have been a few animated series since the 1980's.

Transform said:
Isn't that a show promoting that WTF IT'S CRAP toy?

Kinda. It's not just a marketing vehicle though, it's a series created by Lauren Faust (click the linkie to see what she's worked on in the past, basically she's been involved with a couple of popular animated series in the past), that is pretty much a girl's series that isn't just fluffy crap with weak and forgettable female characters, but is a series with some strong girl ponies who are very memorable characters.

The fact that the show is high quality enough that it appeals to fans of cartoons of all ages also says something good about it.

We're so glad you enjoy the show! We had a ton of fun filming it. :) It's amazing how much closer we are now.

If only I was allowed to select our wardrobes! I can't believe what they had us wearing!

It was ok, I guess.

Oh, these girls are just pullin your leg! We all had a great time. Didn't we, girls?

We sure did! I even got to see my old pal Gilda! She's really cool in person.

Oatmeal?! Are you crazy?!

^Oh my god! The Ponies actually exist! This is too awesome for words!!

I watched the first episode and while I recognise the charm, I can't get into it.

However, any Starcraft and My Little Pony fan will love this video.

Its the starcraft 2 launch trailer but the footage is of MLP. And I gotta say, its pretty awesome.

I've seen that video a couple times! It is really well done!

You know, it's strange how some, but not necesarilly all of us go from liking cartoons like this when we were younger to saying their stupid and for girls as we got older to now having a new-found respect for them today.

So, what's everyones favorite episode so far?
Mine? I like them all! There all great episodes!

Ok, I will admit I got a chuckle when everyone started changing their avatars to my little pony, unknowing of an actual animated series that was out. Skeptical as I was, I am currently watching the first episode... I have a huge freaking grin from it. I just don't know whether it is from the humor of the show or the idea that I'm kinda enjoying watching my little pony... and I may have lost a little sanity >_>

See what I'm saying? Floogates. Opened.

I do like the show. I just need to catch up.

Ok, I will admit I got a chuckle when everyone started changing their avatars to my little pony, unknowing of an actual animated series that was out. Skeptical as I was, I am currently watching the first episode... I have a huge freaking grin from it. I just don't know whether it is from the humor of the show or the idea that I'm kinda enjoying watching my little pony... and I may have lost a little sanity >_>

Whatever odd existential crisis you may have, you kinda just let that melt away as the episodes pile in and begin to enjoy the show for what it is. Confound those ponies indeed.

Also if you're ever looking for more, feel free to join the group. ^^

Whatever odd existential crisis you may have, you kinda just let that melt away as the episodes pile in and begin to enjoy the show for what it is. Confound those ponies indeed.

My sanity left me :)

I've only watched about 7 episodes, and I've rather enjoyed it so far. I don't find it as addicting as most people say, but I have noticed one thing. There hasn't been any point where I felt something stupid had happened. Sure, the characters don't always get it right, but it's never annoying. Chalk it up to the characters working very well.

My favorite is Pinkie Pie, mostly because she gets the hilarious expressions.

I've only watched about 7 episodes, and I've rather enjoyed it so far. I don't find it as addicting as most people say, but I have noticed one thing. There hasn't been any point where I felt something stupid had happened. Sure, the characters don't always get it right, but it's never annoying. Chalk it up to the characters working very well.

Exactly!
The parts that you would find totally and utterly stupid then, you actually find them funny today. It's awesome!

Hey, here's a thought. What if there was a forum-wide "MLP - FiM day" here?

It's where everyone should try to make their avatar MLP - FiM related.

Again, just a thought I had.

I think the parts of the forum which DON't like MLP:FIM might have an aneurysm if we forced them to have a FIM avatar.

LeT's do it!

Unsurprisingly, it is made by the woman who made Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and the Powerpuff Girls...

I've only seen bits of it, but it's pretty much not what people would expect it to be. Or not at least since /b/ started watching it.

I've watched a few episodes, and its not to bad.

My favorite pony is Rainbow Dash :).

Unsurprisingly, it is made by the woman who made Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and the Powerpuff Girls...

I've only seen bits of it, but it's pretty much not what people would expect it to be. Or not at least since /b/ started watching it.

FHfIF I can understand, but PPG is McCraken's creation. She just done some of their episodes. although she did married that man.

I watched an episode. I thought it woudl be lame, but...

HOLY SHIT I LOVED IT!

That goes to show how mature we are here.

I was forced to watch it as a trade off for making a friend watch something like.really awesome/nasty XD

its not bad

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom