• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Although as the popular fandom notion is that Celestia's alignment is actually "Troll"

Yes... Trollestia, as she's often called, is a rather popular idea among the fandom.

april_foal_by_csimadmax-d3cx8ad.png

Artist: http://csimadmax.deviantart.com/gallery/27895270#/d3cx8ad

... as is Luna in the role of victim.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I hope they make an episode where the CMC FINALLY get their damn cutie marks, it's just hard watching them with blank flanks.

...I'm referring to their rear ends that are lacking cutie marks, making them look bad in comparison to the other ponies.
I know, I'm being facetious, referring to the way the term can be used as a kind of slur.

Well, that killed that joke! Moving on...

...Ok, Celestia's corny lines at the end of the second episode nearly ruined it for me, and while I understand the target demographic is young girls who go nuts for the whole "princess" thing, the fact that they refer to her as a "princess" annoys me when she is CLEARLY a deity, or at the very least a demigod.

The opening two-parter seems to have been heavily influenced by Sailor Moon, which also conflated the princess/goddess concept quite regularly. It would have been really interesting seeing the series continue in this vein, if only because I'd truly love to see the pony equivalents of Sailors Uranus and Neptune.

(I've seen several threads elsewhere casting the ponies as Sailor Senshi. The interesting thing is that Pinkie Pie usually gets to be Sailor Moon...)

Thanks all :-D

I just loved all the expressions in the newest episode.

Speaking of that episode, who else is scared of Pinkie Pie now?

With that episode, she is now my new top favorite pony out of the mane six!

Sorry Twilight! you were a worthy competitor!

Ok... I have to admit that fanfic was rather amusing.

On the topic of last week's episode, Creepy Pinkie Pie has produced some rather exploitable images so far. Some people will never look at Pinkie Pie the same way, that's for sure.

10042%20-%20animated%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_dash%20stare.gif

Oh wow, that rare time that I agree with the majority. Being a horse lover, I also like the MLP cartoon and out of the six main ponies, Rainbow Dash is my favorite. :p

Mainly one reason: SONIC RAINBOOM. I rewatched that over and over. I don't really know why, but I found it totally awesome. Plus, Rainbow is blue and seems rather tomboyish, like me. :p

Wonder how the Grand Galloping Gala would really be for the ponies. My theories:

Applejack: Her business would be wasted when the ponies don't find any interest in her apples.
Rainbow Dash: The Wonderbolts wouldn't show up.
Pinkie Pie: The party would be very boring.
Rarity: Either it turns out Celestia's nephew doesn't exist, or he wouldn't be at all attractive in her eyes.
Fluttershy: The garden would be filled with dangerous plants and creatures.

So how's everyone going to cope with the coming months of no ponies?

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself! Not yet, at least.
I'll think of something after I watch the season finale.

So how's everyone going to cope with the coming months of no ponies?

I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself! Not yet, at least.
I'll think of something after I watch the season finale.
I'll more than likely be chatting on RDN and going on dA for the occasional fanart.

Rewatch every episode from beginning to end at 4-5 episodes a day. That's how I'm going to deal with it until December.

Are there not going to be any new episodes 'til December? I was hoping they'd start in late September or November, like Season 1 did.

To fill the gap I'll probably re-watch episodes every once in a while. I'm sure season 1 will be released to DVD eventually, though personally I'm hoping for a Blu-Ray as well. The show is animated and broadcast in full HD, and even sold on iTunes in what passes for HD on there. Unfortunately, television releases to Blu-Ray (of children's series in particular) are still far less common than they should be.

I'll probably also read some fanfiction, keep up-to-date on the fanart scene on dA, probably do some more vectors from the show myself (I've already done several) to keep a mental foot in the door, so to speak.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom