• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
You know, a couple of observations have hit me. It takes a tremendous amount of skill for a character to have the name "Twilight Sparkle" and not end up thinking about badly written romance and squeeing fangirls over bad acting. Trying my very best not to get shot by the CAR-15s that I'm seeing being pointed at me. >.>

I will also point out that while I've found myself enjoying the show, I refuse to have anything to do with the intro. I at least have SOME dignity left.

You know, a couple of observations have hit me. It takes a tremendous amount of skill for a character to have the name "Twilight Sparkle" and not end up thinking about badly written romance and squeeing fangirls over bad acting. Trying my very best not to get shot by the CAR-15s that I'm seeing being pointed at me. >.>

I will also point out that while I've found myself enjoying the show, I refuse to have anything to do with the intro. I at least have SOME dignity left.

XD. I call the intro FFF : Fast Forward Fodder :p

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the finale 'til later this evening, however from what I've heard so far
Rainbow apparently has the best singing voice out of the group, lol. Not surprising, though, considering her VA does sing in a band up here. It's awesome, though, 'cuz I've been really looking forward to her getting a bigger role in a song.

Also, Celestia's nephew DOES EXIST (but is a jerk).

The Grand Galloping Gala was a ball. XD

Fluttershy, if I thought couldn't love you anymore I would be dead wrong. Her flipping out was hilariously delicious even if it was progressively out of character.

Also I can't wait to see the graphics that come out of this. There's a ton of great team-pony footage in there. I also can't wait to do a Frantic Fluttershy avy. X3

And I noticed PikachuColorPichu made a pretty astute prediction earlier this week.

Wonder how the Grand Galloping Gala would really be for the ponies. My theories:

Applejack: Her business would be wasted when the ponies don't find any interest in her apples.
Rainbow Dash: The Wonderbolts wouldn't show up.
Pinkie Pie: The party would be very boring.
Rarity: Either it turns out Celestia's nephew doesn't exist, or he wouldn't be at all attractive in her eyes.
Fluttershy: The garden would be filled with dangerous plants and creatures.

These predictions are actually almost spot on (except for Fluttershy, she was the only dangerous creature in the garden XD), but even if predictable, watching it all play out was the best part.

The Wonderbolts were there, but Rainbow couldn't get to them and Rarity was certainly infatuated with Blueblood but his self-absorbed attitude was less than attractive.

Twilight also spent most of the night in a meet and greet ala Dawn in Dawn of a Royal Day.

The after party at the Donut shop just about killed me. Great episode and now the long wait begins.

The song gets stuck in my head and I start walking around the apartment singing it. The boys just roll their eyes at me.
My sister actually blends the old Power Rangers theme in as she hums it. It's oddly quite fitting XD

Last edited:
Yikes:

11071%20-%20capture%20flutterage%20GOING_to_love_me%20spoiler.jpg

So I wonder who's crazier... her or Pinkie?

Both are apparently needy in the extreme, lol.

Yikes:

:-D

'Always watch out for the quiet ones' as they say.

Just wait till you get to see her evil cackle >:3

:-D

'Always watch out for the quiet ones' as they say.

Just wait till you get to see her evil cackle >:3

lol, you weren't kidding. Even better than her rage face.

1304712102556.jpg

Of course on the plus side, wouldn't she make just the cutest little evil overlord EVER? XD

And Dash's solo was, indeed, quite awesome. I'll have to see that band if they ever play in Toronto.

Last edited:
Well...for Fluttershy, I expect that the Gala was poorly timed, because that's the only logical reason for why that would happen.

Already, Deviantart is flush with images.

I watched the newest episode. It was quite funny, I was like wtf though when Fluttershy was out of character and freaked out like that. It was funny, I loved the episode. I love how all the characters were so clumsy and different for once.
I also saw Party of One. It was amazing, Pinkie Pie was like...so crazy! I am in love with Psycho Pinkieee ahaha.
Also I have come to love Pinkie Pie x Rainbow Dash.
xD

This episode was awesome. Too bad there's no new episodes for a few months. Also someone pointed out an animation error in todays ep.
130471457673.png

I did not notice that, ahaha. I would've never noticed it until that person pointed it out.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the finale 'til later this evening, however from what I've heard so far
Rainbow apparently has the best singing voice out of the group, lol. Not surprising, though, considering her VA does sing in a band up here. It's awesome, though, 'cuz I've been really looking forward to her getting a bigger role in a song.

Also, Celestia's nephew DOES EXIST (but is a jerk).

Rainbow Dash's voice was pretty cool sounding.
Is Applejacks VA when she sings different from her speaking VA? That's probably why her singing voice kind of loses her accent

Yikes:

To me, Pinkie Pie is still just a bit more crazier. During those insane Fluttershy scenes I was thinking "That's not the Fluttershy I know and love!"

lol, you weren't kidding. Even better than her rage face.

1304712102556.jpg

Of course on the plus side, wouldn't she make just the cutest little evil overlord EVER? XD

And Dash's solo was, indeed, quite awesome. I'll have to see that band if they ever play in Toronto.

Yes she would!

This episode was awesome. Too bad there's no new episodes for a few months. Also someone pointed out an animation error in todays ep.
130471457673.png

Now how did I miss that the first and second times? That is insane!
--
This episode was definitely better than I expected!
That song was just epic! My favorite song in the whole first season!

God, did I love "The Pinkie Pokey!"! Best Pinkie Pie song ever!

I felt really sorry for Rarity that her prince charming (Blueblood) was amnything but charming in person.

I alos felt sorry for the mane six that the GGG wasn't what they expected and turned out to be a disaster. But it turns out that was what made it "The Best Night Ever!"!

This episode was truely THE BEST NIGHT EVER!

I'm sure going to miss these ponies over the next few months! I'll never for get them! They will always hold a special place in my heart!!

Sorry if I was gushing just now!

Is Applejacks VA when she sings different from her speaking VA? That's probably why her singing voice kind of loses her accent

Ashleigh Ball apparently does both for dialogue and singing for Rainbow and Applejack, which I suppose explains why the two of them probably have the best singing voices out of the group. The end credits list Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie as the main characters which have separate VAs for singing parts (Andrea Libman can apparently do Fluttershy's singing roles, but I guess Pinkie's parts are more challenging... and singing well in two different voices must be pretty hard to pull off, anyway).

And, I think I've finally chosen my new avatar... though choosing just one from the finale was pretty hard. Insane Fluttershy gets my vote, though.

Where did you find that avatar? Also, I did notice AJ's accent was lost when she sung, I wondered about that, now I know the answer, thanks! :)
Does anyone know where I can get some good avatars from the newest episode?

Wow, Fluttershy has a different singing VA? I couldn't tell at all. I actually thought that Rarity's singing VA was totally awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom