• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
It is unfortunate, and although she's really talented and is largely the reason MLP got such an awesome reboot, nobody can make a show awesome all on their own. She had numerous other talented writers working with her on the vast majority of episodes, scores of talented animators that managed to use Flash 8 to make one of the nicest and cleanest-looking cartoons on television, and a rather brilliant composer who can make songs both awesome and adorable at the same time.

And all those other people are still involved; and Lauren Faust herself still had creative input into the writing of season 2 episodes, the meetings for which concluded in the last couple weeks. Working under her for the duration of Season 1 and part of Season 2 will also still continue to govern the direction of those still working on the show. There's also the fact that the show's episodic format, which is the primary thing Lauren Faust disagreed with Hasbro on (she wanted a more overarching plot throughout the course of seasons, not unlike the opening 2-parter), actually works quite well for the show.

Personally, I see no reason why we shouldn't expect Season 2 to be just as enjoyable as Season 1.

Also, some amusing line art by CSIMadmax and coloured by myself. An alternate ending for the Gala.

ponies_gone_wild_at_the_gala_by_atomicgreymon-d3g0yso.png

http://atomicgreymon.deviantart.com/#/d3g0yso

Poor Twilight. She can't take her friends anywhere.

^ Wait, you're AtomicGreymon?

I'll be... you're damn excellent. I've been viewing your stuff on there for a while now and had no clue.

What ep is Derpy Hooves in? I'm not too far in, 7 or 8 episodes so far.
Sonic Rainboom had more epic in it than the entire Dragon Ball Z first season.

So, I watched the first episode a few weeks ago and got bored. However, I was really bored yesterday, so I gave it a shot again...

E7ivK.jpg

Uh, all I can say is that I now own this. <_< >_>

Oh my god! I bought that same one (along with many other MLP figures) just yesterday!

Yeah saw the last episode(and now I'm listing to Ms. Jackson) this show is great!

...So, the supergeek in me just rolled Twilight as a 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons character, a 9th level Wizard.

A bit of adjusting needed to be done to the process, as in D&D, Twilight would be counted as a magical beast rather than any of the common races. But most of what gets done can be done fairly easily. Predictably, Twilight ended up with insanely high bonuses to a whole crapton of knowledge checks, Concentration, and Spellcraft.

I also gave her a few bonuses for being an avatar of magic, specifically, extra spells she can cast per day at every level of spells she can cast (up to 5th level). The end result is her being slightly overpowered, as any DM will tell you it's not fun for your monster to get blasted a dozen times with empowered magic missiles, with enough of the missiles themselves to cause a fairly significant portion of damage.

...yeah. Mega geek right here.

...So, the supergeek in me just rolled Twilight as a 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons character, a 9th level Wizard.

A bit of adjusting needed to be done to the process, as in D&D, Twilight would be counted as a magical beast rather than any of the common races. But most of what gets done can be done fairly easily. Predictably, Twilight ended up with insanely high bonuses to a whole crapton of knowledge checks, Concentration, and Spellcraft.

I also gave her a few bonuses for being an avatar of magic, specifically, extra spells she can cast per day at every level of spells she can cast (up to 5th level). The end result is her being slightly overpowered, as any DM will tell you it's not fun for your monster to get blasted a dozen times with empowered magic missiles, with enough of the missiles themselves to cause a fairly significant portion of damage.

Um.
You lost me there at the second paragraph but what I understood was cool.
Anyway, I am slowly spreading the pony virus through my friends.
Some of the YT commenters are hilarious:
"Dear Princess Celestia,
Today I learned that cross-breeds of lions and eagles can be real @$$holes.
Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle"
"I'm a 21 year old guy and I think I have a crush on Fluttershy."
"Dude, EVERYONE has a crush on Fluttershy."

Um.
You lost me there at the second paragraph but what I understood was cool.

Basically, it means that Twilight, on paper, is ludicrously powerful as a level 9 wizard. Her only downside is that she has crap for hit points, but low HP is common for wizards. She also has low Strength and few combat bonuses.

Meh, I've been toying with "What MTG colors would the ponies be"

Finally ended up using color pairings instead.

Twilight Sparkle - White/Blue (Student, scholar, with a law and order streak who like to keep things organized. Textbook white/blue).
Rarity - Black/Blue (Blue is the artificier side, eg creativity, so dressmaking. At the same time, Rarity's one of the more self-centric pony (not in a BAD way necessarily). Not egoist or selfish, but self-centered. Which is a defining black trait)
Rainbow Dash - Black/Red (The other self-centered pony. Again, not self-centered in a bad way, just definitely a great deal more about themselves than, say, Fluttershy or AJ. And Red...Anypony who kicks a dragon is RED, RED, RED).
Applejack - Green/Red (AJ is impulsive, though unlike Dash, she tempers it a great deal with down-to-Earth common sense (hence the green side. Well, that and apples).
Fluttershy - White/Green (She's the one who look after all the little creatures of the woodlands. If there's a more white-green type out there, I have yet to see it.)
Pinkie Pie - The odd pony out. Probably colorless, something like "Legendary Creature - Eldrazzi".

Last edited:
I won't become a part of the brood.....not yet....

*sees Evil Figment*

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! *runs*

I'm almost surprised there's no MLP RP on here yet
I am planning a MLP:FiM/Pokémon crossover story for the URPG, though.

And the RP must not be up yet due to the fighting over who gets to be Rainbow Dash and Pinkie that will occur in the OOC thread.

So I just watched the first two episodes of it, and can someone tell me, are all episodes like that? Episode 2 was just swarming with cheesy cliché's.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom