• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
I just love that poster! Badass ponies ftw. (And I doubt they'll get into legal trouble, surely they asked permission for it and it's just a parody after all.)

Dento, I am so jealous D: I haven't been able to find anything anywhere yet here in the UK.

Here's an Adult Swim [AS] bump about the term Brony:

[video=youtube;XsaNf32pKx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsaNf32pKx4[/video]

Last edited:
Not sure what my talent and cutie mark would be...I do like photography and Pokémon, obviously, so either a camera or a Poké Ball would be it.

Hey guys, it appears that we may have found the most famous Brony. Of course, he may not have watched the show, but still...

Bill Clinton Plays Not My Job : NPR

YES! I love that show (Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (Bill Clinton is actually funny!)) and all who haven't heard it, and I don't know why they haven't heard it, should listen to it now or face the wrath of 1,000 a raging 3 year olds.

Spoilers below. Hence the "spoiler" box...
They actually mentioned Bronies twice. On the 6-18 show where one of the stories in "Bluff the Listener" was on Bronies. In that show they implied that Bronies are unemployed 20-30 year olds that live in their mothers basements, alone.
On the next show, the 6-25 show, they apologized to everyone for implying what they did. They also interviewed a Brony who was previously an intern (I think) for Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and as mentioned before they asked Bill Clinton about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in "Not My Job". ...He got all three questions right... The sad part is that I also knew all the answers to the questions just by partially watching the first episode and by reading what some people say about that show on here.
Also, if you haven't heard those specific episodes of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me then I don't know know why you just read this when you should be listening to those now. Go on, shoo. It's free.

So I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma.

I've got a character in mind for a MLP story. It's an ultimately villainous character, and I base him heavily on Final Fantasy VI's Kefka Palazzo. He would ultimately be similarly insane and have a similar rise to power, becoming equally as powerful as either of the two princess/goddesses, perhaps even robbing them of the majority of their powers for his own. A few issues are here, however.

1. A story of this kind almost demands Pinkie Pie as the main character. A Kefka-like character would have many of the same qualities Pinkie Pie herself has, but twisted. His insanity runs far deeper and far darker than Pinkie Pie's can go, and would be on display almost constantly. In essence, the character would be Pinkie Pie's reflection in a cracked mirror.

2. The dark, nihilistic nature of the character present the problem that the fic may end up becoming rather dark. I'm not really sure how this can be avoided, given the nature of a mixture of nihilism and complete insanity. I'm not really keen on this idea as I really don't like seeing especially bright worlds turning grim and dark beyond a certain point. Making the world a bit grittier is fine, considering the backstory and the frequent elements of danger in the show proper - just not rampant death and destruction.

Essentially, I have three choices: Go ahead with the story in its most raw, dark form, find a way to make it less dark, or simply kill the thoughts with fire. If I do the second, though, I am at a total loss as to how.

So I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma.

I've got a character in mind for a MLP story. It's an ultimately villainous character, and I base him heavily on Final Fantasy VI's Kefka Palazzo. He would ultimately be similarly insane and have a similar rise to power, becoming equally as powerful as either of the two princess/goddesses, perhaps even robbing them of the majority of their powers for his own. A few issues are here, however.

1. A story of this kind almost demands Pinkie Pie as the main character. A Kefka-like character would have many of the same qualities Pinkie Pie herself has, but twisted. His insanity runs far deeper and far darker than Pinkie Pie's can go, and would be on display almost constantly. In essence, the character would be Pinkie Pie's reflection in a cracked mirror.

2. The dark, nihilistic nature of the character present the problem that the fic may end up becoming rather dark. I'm not really sure how this can be avoided, given the nature of a mixture of nihilism and complete insanity. I'm not really keen on this idea as I really don't like seeing especially bright worlds turning grim and dark beyond a certain point. Making the world a bit grittier is fine, considering the backstory and the frequent elements of danger in the show proper - just not rampant death and destruction.

Essentially, I have three choices: Go ahead with the story in its most raw, dark form, find a way to make it less dark, or simply kill the thoughts with fire. If I do the second, though, I am at a total loss as to how.

There's already a fallout crossover. I know it's not the darkest but nuclear apocalypses is fairly grim so go right ahead and use the story in its most raw, dark form

There's already a fallout crossover. I know it's not the darkest but nuclear apocalypses is fairly grim so go right ahead and use the story in its most raw, dark form

Not looking to past writers as an example of what I should or shouldn't do, so don't suggest them to me. Even if you say "so and so did this". I'm also aware of the Cupcakes fic, and in any case the fact that there is dark fiction out there of that kind is one of the reasons why I am even questioning whether or not to go grim with this one. I've already written a blog about how much I dislike dark fiction in Pokemon, so the fact that I even have these story ideas makes me feel like a hypocrite.

Not looking to past writers as an example of what I should or shouldn't do, so don't suggest them to me. Even if you say "so and so did this". I'm also aware of the Cupcakes fic, and in any case the fact that there is dark fiction out there of that kind is one of the reasons why I am even questioning whether or not to go grim with this one. I've already written a blog about how much I dislike dark fiction in Pokemon, so the fact that I even have these story ideas makes me feel like a hypocrite.

Well then it's up to you. I don't know a thing about FF games or characters so I don't know how dark it's going to get. Maybe you can outline the idea to somebody and have them write or scrap it. You could start writing it and after two chapters(not post it) make the decisions as to continue the darkness as you have started or tone it down or scrap the idea.

After 'procrastinating' (being interested but not seeing the show), I saw a few episodes... I think I'm addicted. The show is fun. ^^;

I became interested after seeing animated GIFs and then changing mine to one (not the current one; another avatar with Trixie in it).

iTunes leaves something to be desired, though, even ignoring the lack of a physical product and the fact it`s not full HD. They cropped the frame very slightly, which is noticeable if you compare an iTunes screenshot to one from a Hubworld episode or HD cable broadcast. They also did a very poor job converting it, and the colours are washed out. I avoid dealing with Apple for the most part, and I won`t make an exception; not even for FiM.

I would like a Blu-Ray release alongside the DVD, though. Genuine 1080p without the problems of iTunes (poor colour, 720p, cropping) or the problems with the 1080p cable broadcast (relatively low-bitrate video using the inferior MPEG-2 codec rather than H.264). It would be the best of both worlds, without any of the drawbacks.

I just watched the first two episodes on YouTube. I'm honestly surprised that I liked it, and I think I'll keep watching them. My favorite for now is Fluttershy. She's adorable. :3

I just watched the first two episodes on YouTube. I'm honestly surprised that I liked it, and I think I'll keep watching them. My favorite for now is Fluttershy. She's adorable. :3

Welcome to
130613082708.gif

My your stay be plesent or feel the wraith of the O.F.C
memes_orbital_friendship_cannon_Memebase_51-s500x281-191748-580.jpg

I'm sure you'll like the rest of the series: the pilot is quite different to the other episodes in terms of storyline. I often say to people "don't watch the pilot first", because it might give a wrong impression of the series.

Which reminds me... I wonder if we will see Luna in season 2?

While I haven't picked up anymore episodes since I saw the first two and that one abridged vid (look on page 17) and a few others. They made another episode. I've seen other takes, but this one's the best.

[video=youtube;2Q1zJJfaGeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q1zJJfaGeI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
Yes, it's long. But worth it.

+19 coolness (Rainbow: "Aw crap. Just short!")

confoundtheseponies

additional comment:
Really confound them now. I sat through episode three last night after I posted this despite saying I wouldn't return (Guess that vid up there was what did it. Crossing anything with Gurren Lagann always makes things 220% cooler, at minimum) Now it's officially my favorite western cartoon (tied with Regular show, which had its own breed of "bronies". But that's something entirely different.)

What I'm trying to say is, I now officially adore it. Favorite character is Spike.

Last edited:
welcome_to_the_herd_display.png

Glad to see another Brony with us. My Little Pony is amazing.

people know about my pony love :(
I Said i put the website on for my 2 year old sister

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom