• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
I don't have much to say about this episode, but...

LUNA! ZECORA! <333

I'm a bit disappointed there was no Rarity, but Luna more than made up for that.

Pinkie's costume was the best.

No one understanding what Twilight's costume was supposed to be was pretty funny.

And seeing Luna again...dasflkjdasflkf. LOVED IT. I love Luna, she's a fabulous character. And she was so sweet in this episode, trying to change her image and everything. Although when she asked what "fun" meant, I instantly thought of the FUN song from Spongebob. I really hope I wasn't the only one to think of that. XD

"The rainbow wig just kills it for me." I love Spike.

Rainbow Dash as a Shadow Bolt was awesome. o_o Seriously. Though I have to say I was all, "STOP TERRORIZING THE POOR PONIES" whenever she shocked them with lightning. Oh well, she's still my favorite pony. <3

What else can I say? It was a fantastic episode, once again. Season 2 does not disappoint.

Haha, pipsqueak and his accent are awesome. I hope he'll get more appearances. Luna was also more awesome than I expected her to be. An enjoyable episode.

Best line of the episode:

[video=youtube;CG9lZKUszWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG9lZKUszWs[/video]

Gonna put this in Spoiler tags for those of you who have yet to see it:

If she showed up more, I think Princess Luna would become my favourite pony. Her sweet charm, her initial lack of an indoor voice and her use of the royal "We" all really endeared me to her. I really hope she shows up more... It was worth waiting twenty-eight episodes just to see her.

I also like how Pinkie Pie acted like a complete chicken throughout the whole episode. Way to get in character with your costume, Pinkie. XD And that little Pipsqueak colt was cute. :3

Rainbow Dash returned to her role as Troll Pony, but got what she deserved in the end.

So yeah, I'll close by saying: MORE LUNA! :D

So I was surfing the marvel (lol, marvel, my avy, ha) that is tvtropes when I happened upon the Foster's page, & well, I'll just show this gem I found hilarious in hindsight
17-0034.jpg

"The rainbow wig just kills it for me." I love Spike.

That quote alone made the episode for me. I hope we get more deadpan snarking from Spike in future eps, he's great at it.

Both episode 3 and 4 gets a 10/10

Nice to see Zecora again.

But episode 3 is the best episode until now.

My twenty yen on the matter:
It was nice to see Zecora again. Part of me hopes they'll bring her back for a later episode, but on the other hand, I really don't want them to overdo it.

Luna, on the other hand, I'd like to see much more of. They have a very promising character in her, and I would love to see them explore it further.

All in all, I'd say it's another good episode!
It seems the torch weighs light on Thiessen's hand. Let's hope this keeps up!

I finally gotten around to watching "Lesson Zero" & I loved every moment of it Now I just have to wait till friday for that Luna Episode.

Just caught up with S2 thus far (how could i have let my mother delete those episodes before seeing them?! D:) and i have to say i'm am still very much in LOVE with this series xD
Luna wasn't what i expected her to be, but in the end that made her even better :D
Can't wait for more of her hopefully in future episodes <3

"THE FUN HATH BEEN DOUBLED!" 8D

just watched episode 3 and 4
and it was double fun
i loved grazy twilight sparkle in episode 3
and luna in episode 4
and we want more luna

I thought this episode was great, and I couldn't be happier with how they handled Luna's character. It makes a lot of sense, and yet they also managed to surprise the entire audience with her personality.

The only thing that bothers me about the episode is this: What the heckington is going on with Pipsqueak's accent? In the first scene, he has a just-about-passable English accent, and combined with his name and the reference to him being from Trottingham, I thought "Oh, okay. He's from the pony version of England." But in his next scene, his accent is gone and he sounds like a generic American kid. And so I thought "The accent must have only been part of his pirate thing." But then at the end of the episode, the accent starts creeping back, only not as pronounced as before. So now I'm thinking it was just the actor/director being inconsistent, which is surprising given the level of care that clearly goes into this show.

Yes! S2E4 has been generously uploaded to YouTube!

[video=youtube;4WcXhYQNrhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WcXhYQNrhc[/video]

Now, I know this is a bit belated, but you see, it typically takes an episode about two seconds to appear on YouTube after it's premiered. Which is why I'm about two seconds late. Anyway;

On to the episode.

I was a tad skeptical of how this episode would turn out, to be honest. Having an episode to celebrate Halloween just seemed like a bit of a creative restriction to me. But of course, the writers have prevaled and made a great episode. I was not dissapointed. Like I said in my review of S2E3, I think the series has gotten funnier, relying less on the fact that it's simply adorable. Speaking of adorable;

This episode's lack of Fluttershy disturbs me.

And yes, Rarity is completely absent. It's too bad, really, Rarity was just starting to grow on me. And I must say, Rainbow Dash was a bit of a bitch in this episode. Ah, and yes, Pinkie Pie does not dissapoint.

Anyway, of course I liked Luna. Not much to say about this episode other than that I liked it. It was well written, funny, and charming. Not like that's unusual for this show or anything.

And again regarding Rainbow Dash being a bitch this time, I smiled when Luna gave her what for at the end. >:D

But anyway, I think one main thing I can summarize about this episode was that, of course, it focused a lot on Luna. The other ponies (especially poor Rarity) didn't get a whole lot of time in the spotlight (except for Twilight). But that's okay, this episode focused on Luna, and we can't have the mane six whoring all of the screen time. Can't wait to see what's next.

I recently came up with a theroy involving the recent episode:

Luna and Nightmare Moon were originally two seperate entities, NMM was a spirit that posessed Luna and used her body as a "host" for the Nightmare Moon entity. When NMM was defeated, the Elements of Harmony did not destroy NMM, but more rather, fused Luna and NMM into one being, this explains why Luna always referred to herself as "we" in the episode, referring to both Luna and NMM, this also explains why Luna sounded like two different people talking when she used the "Royal Canterlot voice", because it was both Luna and NMM speaking simultaneously.

It's going to be a re-run of Luna Eclipsed, since it's a Halloween special.

I recently came up with a theroy involving the recent episode:

Luna and Nightmare Moon were originally two seperate entities, NMM was a spirit that posessed Luna and used her body as a "host" for the Nightmare Moon entity. When NMM was defeated, the Elements of Harmony did not destroy NMM, but more rather, fused Luna and NMM into one being, this explains why Luna always referred to herself as "we" in the episode, referring to both Luna and NMM, this also explains why Luna sounded like two different people talking when she used the "Royal Canterlot voice", because it was both Luna and NMM speaking simultaneously.

No. She's simply using an archaic form of speech. It's the majestic plural, a reference to the divine right of kings; essentially, the monarch is acting conjointly with the deity. It can also refer to the monarch speaking on behalf of the kingdom. It's stereotypically old royal to do so, and as you can tell she is old-fashioned and extremely careful in the way she speaks. Her "dual voice" can be explained in that she is altering her voice magically.

From what I've seen, this week's is a rerun. It's too bad, but really, we've held out longer between episodes, right?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom