• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Oh wow, this week's episode was pretty much perfect! It was too cute. And I like how Fluttershy's fear wasn't unrealistically completely cured just like that.

I was expecting this episode to be another "rainbow item" episode, but it surprisingly wasn't. Easily in my top 3 for this season so far.

My thoughts on Filli Vanilli.

Alright episode. I can't help thinking it would have been much better if they kept this story for Sweetie Belle, when she finally earns her Cutie Mark, though Fluttershy made a good substitute nonetheless. It took quite a while to get good, but the reappearance of Flutterguy was worth it.

Pinkie Pie was more grating than she's ever been, though, which was disappointing after she was much better during Pinkie Pride. It's episodes like this that remind me why Rarity is now my second-favourite pony and not Pinkie. (Especially since Rarity was so understanding towards Fluttershy)

I loved Filli Vanilli.

The next 2 photos are pretty big. These new sets include Princess Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy with the new Breezies characters which debut on the show on March 1st, 2014. This is the first time we see the actual characters which look to be small “fairy-type” magical ponies which mysterious powers.

Additionally, included in the set for each pony is a mysterious key. While they only had 2 characters on display at the Toy Fair, these sets will be made for the Mane 6 and each will feature a specific Breezie to go along with them plus a key.

Spoilers: The items we’ve seen throughout Season 4: Pinkie’s Rubber Chicken, Rainbow’s Wonderbolt Pin, and Rarity’s Yarn; will transform when the Breezies use their mysterious magical powers. This will then unlock the mysterious box from the premiere episode of Season 4 and reveal…. the Rainbow Kingdom along with Rainbow Power.

Thoughts on Twilight Time.

I thought it was a pretty dull episode, but I'm not a big fan of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Twilight is easily my least favourite of the Mane Six, so I wasn't very excited about it. I did like how much Sweetie Belle acted like Rarity, and Dimaond Tiara's butler doing her tricks for her was hilarious.

My ranting about Twilight Time.
I didn't really like this episode that much since I kind of wanted Sweetie Belle to shut her mouth. I already have Diamond Tiara to deal with.
This episode could also be used to show that people should not give in to peer pressure as the Cutie Mark Crusaders' classmates (I didn't know they had that many classmates or maybe it's better termed as schoolmates) kind of pressured (and gave favors to) them.
Also, this episode gives some perspective of every other pony since I forgot that since Twilight is now a princess, she is now a celebrity. I'm surprised that Equestria does not have paparazzi ponies following celebrities.

The one thing I did love in this episode was when Twilight was surrounded by the fillies at the food joint, she used Fly to escape.

The one thing I did love in this episode was when Twilight was surrounded by the fillies at the food joint, she used Fly to escape.

Suddenly, I am inspired to make/have someone else make fanart.

Brandnew S4 Breezies revealed.

BhcVCEoCYAE1KE7.png+large.png

My thoughts on "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies":
I cannot seem to find anyone who likes the scene where the Mane six are turned into Breezies; on many different sites I see a lot of people criticizing that scene and saying it's too "toyetic", and it's probably the only scene I was put off by as well, but nothing that really bothers me too much (but I did like the end scene where Dash asks Twilight to turn her into a Griffin, I would love to see that!)

I couldn't tell what language the Breezies were speaking either, it sounded a bit like German, but I couldn't tell other than by Seabreeze's accent, especially since I barely know any languages but English (I want to learn a second language though, but I have ran into a few problems learning one, but that's another topic). I hear people say they were speaking Irish, but it could also be a full-on constructed language like Klingon, or just random gibberish, (which if it is, the fandom will likely try their hardest to make it into a real language). I wasn't surprised about Seabreeze being male, it could have been because of how he acted in the episode that gave the implication he was male beforehand, but I just went with it.

Overall, I give this episode a 7/10, not the best, it could have been better, but it's average at best.

I couldn't tell what language the Breezies were speaking either, it sounded a bit like German, but I couldn't tell other than by Seabreeze's accent, especially since I barely know any languages but English (I want to learn a second language though, but I have ran into a few problems learning one, but that's another topic).

I'm pretty sure that Seabreeze was talking in reverse-backwards, a la the dwarf from Twin Peaks.

[video=youtube;guwl1w0yFGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guwl1w0yFGk[/video]

Thoughts on It Ain't Easy Being Breezies.

Seabreeze had the best voice ever. I could have listened to him all day.

It was a good episode, though it felt a bit dragged out. But I always enjoy seeing Fluttershy become far more confident when animals become involved, and I'm glad to see she has got her rainbow item now. It's annoying that Spike has been reduced to a joke character, though, who only causes trouble for everyone.

Thoughts on Somepony to Watch Over Me

This turned out to be better than I thought, though it was still nothing amazing. At first, I was a little annoyed about another Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes so soon after the last one, but it's was more of a Apple family episode than anything.

Applejack's sudden protective attitude toward Applebloom was cute, if a little disturbing, but I guess it's somewhat understandable because their parents are gone. It's good to see Applejack gaining more flaws, but I still don't think she can carry an episode by herself.

The funniest moment had to be the cancelled song. I was about to groan at seeing yet another Season 4 song, only for it to be cut short.

Applejack went beyond overbearing. It was really creepy. If they toned that down a bit and gave her more of a provocation, I would have enjoyed this better. But it was an alright episode nonetheless. I think Apple Bloom captured the frustration of a younger sibling quite well. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's plan to trick Applejack was really funny.

Maud Pie Summary
"After finding out that her sister, Maud, is planning a visit to Ponyville, Pinkie Pie is ecstatic and looks forward to her sister meeting her best friends, but the other ponies having trouble making friends with Maud after meeting her in person."

Thoughts on Maud Pie.

This was a great episode, one I've been wanting to see since around season 2. (Although I had Pinkie's whole family visiting, but maybe they can have their own episodes later) and I've forgiven Pinkie after her awful attitude during the Fluttershy singing episode, whatever it was called. Maud was a hilarious and very enjoyable character, and a huge contrast to Pinkie, though didn't she become more energetic along with the rest of her family in Cutie Mark Chronicles? Oh well, two Pinkie Pies might have been too much.

I liked how the rest of the Mane Six didn't really become friends with Maud, even by the end. It makes a refreshing change to not see everyone suddenly get on for little reason, which I thought was going to happen after Maud saved Pinkie. Sad as it may seem, not everyone is going to be friends with each other, no matter how much they try, it's a great lesson to have in the show.

The show is absolutely fantastic! I really do wonder how far the fandom could go if it wasn't for Hasbro doing the Hasbro things it does. But, nonetheless, still one of my favorite shows!

(I'm really just glad I'm not the only brony here XD)

Thoughts on For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils.

This episode sounded very similar to Sleepless In Ponyville, but even though it's not quite as good, (Though that's one tough act to follow) it was still an enjoyable and very cute episode.

Sweetie Belle is definitely like her sister, and this was the closest she got to having a Rarity-like tantrum yet, which was great fun to see. I always like to see Luna, the best alicorn in the show, and just like Meghan McCarthy promised, the dream sequences were amazing. All-in all, a very good episode.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom