• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic : Equestria Games
S04, E24 (First Aired: May 3, 2014)
Spike is in charge of lighting the torch for the opening of the Equestria Games, but his nerves get the best of him

Capture.PNG

Thoughts on Leap of Faith.

A pretty boring episode. Normally, I don't mind when the stories are predictable, but when you can tell exactly what's going to happen right from the beginning, it completely sucks all the fun out. At least Flim & Flam's service was actually a con this time, it didn't make any sense last time when their machine was better at collecting apples than the Apple family were.

All right episode, but I don't think they handled the Flim Flam Brothers' return very well. Everypony in Ponyville completely bought into their scheme, as if they all had a case of mass amnesia and forgot what happened in Super Cider Squeezy 6000. I did like how manipulative Flim and Flam were, though. First they convince Applejack that their tonic actually was working, and then they use her word to help sell more of the tonic.

And unsurprisingly, Applejack did get her key this episode. Now only Twilight's is left.

At least Flim & Flam's service was actually a con this time, it didn't make any sense last time when their machine was better at collecting apples than the Apple family were.

It kind of was a con in a way, because they were selling a shoddier product.

New teaser from the upcominf epsiode called Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3

[video=youtube;h3yefNO5Ep4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3yefNO5Ep4[/video]

Twilight's Kingdom - Part 1
Air Date: May 10th
Synopsis: Princess Celestia chooses Discord over Princess Twilight to help track down a villain.

Twilight's Kingdom - Part 2
Air Date: May 10th
Synopsis: The other princesses transfer all of their magical power to Twilight in hopes of saving Equestria.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3.

When I saw that preview, I had a really bad feeling about this episode, I thought this was going to feature a lot of Pinkie at her most annoying, (rather than funny-annoying, like she should be) but it was nothing of the sort, it was a pretty nice episode.

It took longer than it should have to get started, but I thought the lesson that there's more than one way to learn was one of the best the show has ever had. It might not have been the most riveting or funny episode, but that's enough for me to give it good marks. I also love the reference to Firefly as a great hero from (current) Equestria's history.

This definitely goes down as one of my favourite episodes.

• Twilight's back to being her nerdy self, we haven't seen that in a while.
  • She's also using her teleportation magic a lot more, which is nice.
  • RD, Spike and Owlowiscious making that little tune behind Twilight's back was adorable.
  • Pinkie's rap was amazing. Very funny and very 90's.
  • The lesson that everybody has different ways of learning was quite good, and not something that is touched upon by cartoons very often.
  • All the continuity and call backs were great. RD pointing out Twilight's tallness, her mention of Twilight's "freakout aria" from The Crystal Empire, Twilight bringing up RD's fondness for Daring Do books. All of it was great.

Thoughts on Trade Ya.

It might not have been spectacular or dramatic or anything, (Though Rainbow Dash nearly gave Fluttershy away! How could you, Dash!?) but this was a very enjoyable slice of life episode. I always love watching Rarity and Applejack clash, and it was nice to see Twilight and Pinkie get along for once, I usually get the feeling they don't even like each other.

Okay, I'm worded that wrong. Pinkie definitely likes Twilight, but I get the feeling Twilight finds Pinkie's hyperactivity annoying, (Although to be fair, it can be from time to time) and then there was the Feeling Pinkie Keen episode where Twilight seemed so determined to prove Pinkie wrong, (And getting so angry at her, she turned into a Rapidash) and in Baby Cakes, Twilight was very condescending towards Pinkie, thinking she wasn't capable of looking after the babies.

Okay, I'm worded that wrong. Pinkie definitely likes Twilight, but I get the feeling Twilight finds Pinkie's hyperactivity annoying, (Although to be fair, it can be from time to time) and then there was the Feeling Pinkie Keen episode where Twilight seemed so determined to prove Pinkie wrong, (And getting so angry at her, she turned into a Rapidash) and in Baby Cakes, Twilight was very condescending towards Pinkie, thinking she wasn't capable of looking after the babies.

Well, I think most of the Mane Six find her annoying at times, not just Twilight. But I wouldn't say she doesn't seem to like her. That would mean Rarity and Apple Jack damn near hate each other with all the fighting they do. RD acts like any of them could be annoying depending on the day. I guess I'm just saying, they all fight at times, but I've never gotten the feeling, personally, that any of them truly disliked another. Annoying, I can agree with, though.

Thoughts on Inspiration Manifestation.

Man, there sure are a lot of evil magical items that corrupt their users in Equestria. Celestia needs to think of a way to get rid of them all ASAP.

Fantastic episode, it's about time there was another Rarity x Spike episode, they are so cute together, and this was just as entertaining as I was hoping. As mean as it sounds, Rarity's always so much fun when she's stressed and hysterical, and the Inspiration Manifestation spell was a great way to take advantage of that.

I liked the recent episode but I can see that some are upset by the lack of the Equestria Games. In rebuttal, it wasn't really meant to focus on the games themselves. It was about Spike who got a good story out of it (two good Spike stories in a row? By god, Tartarus must've frozen over). Even then, what kind of story would we've gotten? A story where cheaters cheat but are soon found out? A few events that resemble the olympics in our world but nothing much in terms of characters?

To put it bluntly, the thing about the writers:

tumblr_inline_n3j1n2001R1roe2gd.gif

tumblr_inline_n3j1nfGQ5E1roe2gd.gif

That is to say, sure it's not wrong to want to see more of the Games (it might've been cool)... BUT you don't really have a say in how it's shown or the story that's told. In the end, we did get a good Spike episode after he's been treated unfairly during the Season. I'd say he deserved it.

For my further thought, this post here will speak for me.

Last edited:
The secondhand embarrassment was too much for me, I felt like crying when Spike was struggling through the Cloudsdale anthem.

The secondhand embarrassment was too much for me, I felt like crying when Spike was struggling through the Cloudsdale anthem.

Gotta admit though, for made-up lyrics, his weren't half-bad. Plus, it was actually kinda funny...

Thoughts on Equestria Games.

It was a good episode, though I was confused by the lack of focus on the actual games after an entire season of build-up.

I was really happy to see the Crystal Empire regarding Spike as a hero after he wasn't invited there in Game Ponies Play, for whatever reason. It seems like he's actually been treated worse ever since he saved the Crystal Empire, so it was nice to see everyone care about him so much after being the butt of so many jokes since season 3. I loved the lesson at the end of the episode about remembering to believe in yourself, even when everyone else already does, and making every unicorn's magic become disabled in the stadium was funny. Makes me wonder what kind of cheating happened in previous Equestria Games.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom