• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Who is your favourite pony?

• Twilight Sparkle

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 78 25.9%
  • Pinkie Pie

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Rarity

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Applejack

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 80 26.6%

• Total voters
Talk about impressive - the finale blew me away. Fantastic way to end an excellent season. It still amazes me how much I actually like this show.

That was so amazing, I'm literally in tears. That battle with Tirek was so intense, like straight up Dragon Ball Z shit.

Thoughts on Twilight's Kingdom

There's only one word that can sum up the season finale: EP-IC. (Or is that two words? Ah, who cares)

Man, oh, man, that was so much better than the extremely disappointing season finale of season 3, heck, it was even better than the first two season finales. How they are going to top that is beyond me, if I didn't know know any better and you told me that was the series finale, I wouldn't have doubted you for a second.

The season long build-up was completely worth it. I really can't fault anything. Tirek was a fantastic villain, and the fact he could even push Discord around made him very intimidating. As for Discord, his sudden reform in season 3 always felt very sudden, but after that episode, I can actually believe him as the ponies' friends. The battle between Twilight and Tierk was amazing, when did this show turn into Dragonball Z? I'm not complaining, though. And when the Mane Six mega evolved had full rainbow power, they looked incredible. The more cynical side of me thinks, "Bah, that was just an excuse to sell more toys!" but another side of me thinks, "Who cares, these designs are awesome, they deserve all the money they get!"

So, that's season 4 done. I think it might honestly have been the best season since season 1. (And s I said before, nothing will ever top season 1 for me, but I'm probably biased there) The wait until season 5 and see what else there is to come from this show is going to be very painful, but after such a great season finale, I'm feeling very positive about the future.

Overall, I thought season 4 was pretty hit and miss, but when it hit, it really hit. The season finale was definitely a hit. :D

I was actually really surprised with this episode, the premise sounded pretty bad (25 was sounding to be a generic Worf Effect episode, and 26 sounded like something out of bad fanfiction), but the execution surprised me a bit. They took the character arcs in directions that I wanted to see, but didn't expect (Twilight not really feeling like her role as a princess is important, Discord questioning his friendship with the Mane 6 because it contradicts his nature). I also liked the villain, stealing magic is a neat villain power (with the plus of confirming some neat tidbits about flight and Earth Pony strength being magic). And I liked how this season ended a bit less ambiguously than Season 3, where Twilight turning into a Princess caused a lot of confusing, a new castle sprouting in Ponyville does not, we know that this changes pretty much nothing except for where Twilight lives (and 50 bits says that the throne room is their new "situation room")

What I didn't like was that they sort of handwaved the ending to the "Discord betrays Equestria" plotline by having Tirek betray Discord, and he instantly just went back to being friends with them without really tackling the issue that caused his betrayal in the first place (maybe in Season 5, they could deal with this again in another episode, though, where Discord would look back and realize that maybe Tirek was right and starts to revert to his old ways). Also, I don't really like that we're back to using random Deus Ex Machina artifacts to defeat villains, it's a real cop out for writing a more satisfying ending (although they didn't really describe how Rainbow Power works, so maybe there could be limitations or weaknesses introduced in later episodes).

But overall, good episode, and a good way to close out an otherwise fairly dull season.

I'll admit the Equestria Games was a bit disappointing. After all that buildup, it would have been much better to actually see the games. But it was a good episode for Spike and it was nice to see him get some recognition for once.

As for Twilight's Kingdom, that was badass. This show may be advertised as all flowers and pretty ponies, but when they wanna do DragonBall Z sh*t, they do it right. Again, this episode was some good development for Twilight, who's still trying to find her place as a princess. And, as per usual, there's a new "most dangerous villain Equestria has ever faced". And he sure sold it. Plus, Discord finally betrayed the Mane 6 like we thought he would. It finally seems as though he's truly learned to value friendship. But if course, the real highlight was the magic fight against Tirek. It looked amazing and it was truly epic.

Only qualms I have with the episode are that MLP still does not get tired of having the quickest-ass resolutions to fights ever with insane 2 minute power ups. Which begs the question of what the point of the transformations were if they were only going to last 2 minutes (Equestria Girls much?). I would have at least liked somewhat of a fight with all six against Tirek than the usual rainbow beam OHKO after he launched one attack at them. At least have him launch 3 or 4 before being astonished his powers were failing. Just one is as anticlimactic as how quickly everyone was to forgive Discord.

Regardless, this was the best series finale yet and I can't wait to see what we'll be seeing in the next season for the Mane 6, Spike, and Discord~

The ponies are so adorable. I don't watch the show regularly,but what I have watched has been good. My favorite pony is Rarity.

sibsy_storyboard.png

I stopped watching MLP since season 4 because I didn't like season 3 or 4.
So I wondered if season 5 was any good and low and behold did something I REALLY hope would never happen:
Princess Cadence is having a fucking baby. As if the episode of baby cakes wasn't annoying enough. Most of all I hate this plot because it's showing little girls that if you get married you have to have a baby to be happy! Ffs. Fairly Odd Parents went down the drain when they added Poof. But what did I expect? They're a cartoon promoting toys so of course they'll add something they can milk. This is just straight up fanservice. What was wrong with them just having a happy marriage ruling the crystal kingdom?

I haven't seen an episode yet but finding this out has put me straight off. Did I seriously expect the show to get any better when it comes to teaching life lessons when last season we had Twilight Sparkle, the PRINCESS of FRIENDSHIP, not mediating the situation in BATS! ?
The only redeeming episodes of season 3 and 4 were the Rarity ones and some of the Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. Just everything has been a disappointment since season 2 and I think the brony fandom is dying off because a lot of the big artists are shifted over to something else and hardly any of my brony friends have watched season 5.

I've watched a load more of season 5 and have nearly finished, besides episode 19 I've enjoyed and loved every episode so far.
Luna's episode and the Griffon Kingdom episode are certainly my favourite episodes of this season.

I know this thread is practically dead, but how is the current show? I dropped out sometime during the 4/5th(?) season (I believe the last episode I watched dealt with Rainbow Dash at a Daring Do convention). However, after seeing some people talk about the show on here I kinda want to look into it and see if I still like it.

Edit: Are episodes still available on Dailymotion? That website was how I watched most of them.

Last edited:
I know this thread is practically dead, but how is the current show? I dropped out sometime during the 4/5th(?) season (I believe the last episode I watched dealt with Rainbow Dash at a Daring Do convention). However, after seeing some people talk about the show on here I kinda want to look into it and see if I still like it.

Edit: Are episodes still available on Dailymotion? That website was how I watched most of them.
Season 6 actually. The episode you're referring to is called "Stranger than fanfiction". Also MLP: FIM unfortunately has ended at season 9 it was still really good imho definitely worth going back to watch it. Don't know where it can be fully watched legally tbh.. I've just watched it on TV :v. I know Netflix has a few of the seasons but not if it has the final one.

Season 6 actually. The episode you're referring to is called "Stranger than fanfiction". Also MLP: FIM unfortunately has ended at season 9 it was still really good imho definitely worth going back to watch it. Don't know where it can be fully watched legally tbh.. I've just watched it on TV :v. I know Netflix has a few of the seasons but not if it has the final one.

The series itself is actually going to continue in the tie in comic. It's going to keep the issue number while being retitled My Little Pony Season 10 in April.

Double posting cause the info wasn't available at the time of this being posted, MLP and Transformers will be crossing over in comics from May to August: Official Transformers / My Little Pony Crossover Announcement By IDW - New Covers And Info - Transformers News - TFW2005

And one of the writers is Ian Flynn who's been the writer of Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog from #160 to 290 and is the head writer of IDWs version of the series, plus Archie's Mega Man comic. One of the most underrated comics of this decade.

Double posting cause the info wasn't available at the time of this being posted, MLP and Transformers will be crossing over in comics from May to August: Official Transformers / My Little Pony Crossover Announcement By IDW - New Covers And Info - Transformers News - TFW2005

And one of the writers is Ian Flynn who's been the writer of Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog from #160 to 290 and is the head writer of IDWs version of the series, plus Archie's Mega Man comic. One of the most underrated comics of this decade.
Definitely will try reading this someday.

I started watching it on Neflix back in 2014 during it's hiatus, started liking the show and have been a fan since.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom