• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic Test Mission (Non–Pokemon RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UB-01 Kenobi

If she's UB-01, I'm UB-01
Reaction score
5345.png

"Welcome to the Greenwood Explorer's Guild! My name is Graph Paper, but ponies here just call me the Guildmaster or GM for short. I know why you're here - you're one of the recruits from Ever City, am I right? Just fill out this form here and we'll get you're career as an explorer started."

~~~~

Welcome to My Little Pony: Perquisition is Magic! It's a sort-of crossover with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon based on Diexna's Perquisition, a My Little Pony fanfiction. This role play aims to be a loosely stat-based sandbox style RP reminiscent of both the PMD games and Dungeons and Dragons. The basic format is that a potential player signs up in this thread as a pony fresh out of Explorer School in Ever City who has been assigned to the Greenwood division. You then work as an Apprentice rank explorer to complete missions, retrieve treasure, and explore dungeons all across the land. There will be a Greenwood topic in the Non-Pokemon RP section where you can role play your character, spend our bits at shops, and sign up for missions. When a new mission begins accepting sign ups, it will be posted here in the Sign-up forum in a topic entitled the Bulletin Board. You may sign up your character for that mission in the Bulletin thread. Once the explorers have been accepted by the player who is running the Quest, a separate topic in the Non-Pokemon RP forum will be created for members of that mission only and the player who posted the mission will act as a DM-esque character. As stated before, this is going to be a loosely stat based RP, but it's nothing too number intensive. Simplicity is the goal here.

But you can safely ignore the above wall of text, as this is not the Bulletin Board topic and the large-scale RP described above is not being launched right now. This is a test mission to test my dungeon-crawl system and stats and will consist of a single mission. During and after this mission, the players and I will work out any kinks in the system in order to maximize the fun factor and then, and only then, will the large-scale version be launched. As such, I'm only accepting 2-4 players at the moment. The spots are not first come first serve- You have 3 days to sign up and I will select the chosen players then (on the 8th at 2:00 ish). These players will be considered my co-GMs, so if you can't commit to that, you really oughta wait until the large scale version starts to begin play. Anyway, here's the form our good Guildmaster was talking about:
Name:
Race: (Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth Pony. If you need a description of their powers, then you don't deserve to be here. :p)
Appearance: (Must be at least 2 paragraphs and include mane color, coat color, eye color, and cutie mark)
Profession: (You may select between Cartographer, Bodyguard, or Explorer.)
Cartographers are the ponies who lead the team, create maps, and chart areas. They have little to no combat training but are usually athletic and capable. They tend to be more intelligent and have a solid grasp of this world's lore. Most exploration teams have a Cartographer as their leader.
Explorers receive moderate combat training and are very athletic. They are easily capable of handling themselves in a fight, but they're more here for the thrill of discovery and helping to figure out how to work and avoid traps and ancient technology. They're well versed in the lore of this world. Teams led by explorers are relatively commonplace.
Bodyguards are experts in combat, be it hoof-to-hoof or with specialized gear. They are very athletic and capable and usually have rudimentary knowledge of the lore of this world. They usually are more on the brawny side of the brains vs. brawn equation. Teams led by a bodyguard are relatively rare.
Rank: (Apprentice, Explorer, or Mentor) (all sign-ups should read Apprentice)
Apprentices are new explorers and must be accompanied by a Mentor rank character at all times. Explorers are standard members, and Mentors are experienced explorers capable of keeping newbies out of trouble should it arise.
Personality and Background: (Describe your character's personality in at least two paragraphs and one paragraph of background. That's three paragraphs total.)
Saddlebags: (What is contained I your saddlebags. Each player may start with 2 magic stones, 1 gadget (I.e. Kickbolt's wing blades. This may grant up to 2 additional stat points as long as it makes sense. For example a grappling hook that attatches to a leg bracelet wouldn't grant Intelligence, whilst a comprehensive guide to the legends of the world wouldn't grant Strength.) and 3 pieces of mundane equipment (I.e. rope, lantern, etc.)
Bits:(How many bits you have.Start with 25.)

Stats:(You may allot 10 points to your character's stats however you wish. Cartographers get an additional point in Intelligence, Explorers in Streetwise, and Bodyguards in Strength. Earth Ponies get one in Stamina, Pegasi in Athleticism, and Unicorns in Perception.
Strength: Your physical brawn. This includes raw muscle, combat training, and anything else that might help you in a fight. The DM running your mission will look at this if you fight something, attempt to lift a heavy object, etc.
Athleticism: How dexterous you are, how fast you run, how quick your reflexes are. Used when fleeing for you life, attempting fancy acrobatics, trying to dodge projectiles, etc.
Intelligence: Your booksmarts. Drawing accurate maps, knowledge of history, science, math, etc. Used when trying to figure out mechanisms, mapping areas, solving puzzles, etc.
Perception: How in tune you are with your surroundings and how highly tuned your senses are. Figuring out complex mechanisms, noticing things that seem off, detecting bluffs, etc. are what this is used for.
Streetwise: How knowledgeable you are about practical things, like how to deal with monsters and the like, how to deactivate traps, etc.
Stamina: Your endurance and resilience. Used to take hits, survive longer without food/shelter, and let's you exert yourself more without becoming exhausted.

How stats will be implemented:
When you role play your character doing something that I or whoever is DMing your mission feels has a chance to fail, no matter how slim, will set a target number in one of the six stats then roll a d20 (20 sided die. A RNG works just as well.). If the sum of your stat and the die exceed the target number, you succeed. Combat is similar. Each monster will have a Stamina, Strength, and Athleticism stat. When they try to kill you, DMs will use your stats as a target number. I.E if you're fleeing from a monster you'd each make Athleticism checks and the higher number would succeed. If you went for a straight up attack, it'd ne your Strength vs. its Stamina. The DM is fully entitled to fudge rolls if he/she feels it would make the game more enjoyable. If you complete a difficult task using a stat, the DM may see fit to reward you with stat increases. I.E. Player X's character hefts the slab of stone onto his shoulders, allowing his teammates to pass through. He gains 1 point of Strength.

And finally, the rules:
1. All BMGf rules apply
2. No graphic violence or romance, keep it PG
3. Keep it ponified - Not hands, hooves. Not hair, mane. Not f*ck, buck. Etcetera.
4. No cheating with your stats, bits, or inventory
5. Keep your SU post updated with your current rank, stats, inventory, bits, etc.
6. Keep an up to date list of your stats or a link to your SU post in your signature
7. My word is law
8. You must have read Perquisition fanfiction to at least Chapter 7, the most recent chapter at the time of posting. If you post a constructive review on FiMfiction.net, you may allot one extra stat point

Have fun!

EDIT: Update: Using the d20 system from D&D for simplicity's sake and it's time-tested success rather than anything I come up with.

Last edited:
A roleplaying adventure for a fanfic which I proofread for?

Now I'm interested. I want to see what you can do with this idea!

Add me on FIMFiction (username is ARBPW).

A roleplaying adventure for a fanfic which I proofread for?

Now I'm interested. I want to see what you can do with this idea!

Add me on FIMFiction (username is ARBPW).

Thanks! Technically, the SUs should be closing in an hour and a half, but at this point I find it unlikely 2-4 people will have signed up by then, so I'll extend it until I get enough sign ups. Feel free to join if you want to!

Name: Kitsune
Sexuality: Straight
Race: Unicorn
Appearance: Kitsune's coat, mane, and tail are all a pitch black color. His sclerae are also black. His irises are red, but that's the only visible part of him that isn't black, as his flank is blank.
Profession: Cartographer
Personality and Background: Kitsune is a nice guy, despite his appearance. He mainly keeps his distance from others, especially other unicorns, due to his peculiar ability. He is able to drain magic from other ponies. He never uses it, but it activates itself if a particularly powerful source of unicorn magic is nearby. This is why he tries to distance himself from others, both physically and emotionally; he wants to be their friend, but he fears that if they find out about his ability, they will be afraid of him.
Not much is known about his history, since he doesn't talk about it much.
Saddlebags: Monster Guidebook, 2 magic seal stones (used to seal a unicorn's personal ability), map journal, quill & inkwell, Greenwood map.
Bits: 25

Stats:
Strength: 0
Athleticism: 2
Intelligence: 4
Perception: 4
Streetwise: 2
Stamina: 2

I'm not good at writing paragraphs of character history and the like. Short, simple, to the point.

Last edited:
Well, if you want, you may put 3 pieces of mundane equipment, i.e. ropes or lanterns, two magic stones (think PMD Wonder Orbs), and one weapon/gizmo that grants a +2 bonus to one of your stats into your saddlebags. I also wanted an RP samlpe, but I don't feel it's really necessary since so few people (a.k.a.: You) have signed up, so I'll pick the first three sign ups and we can get started. :)

What kind of gizmo could grant Streetwise? I don't have any idea, but it could be useful. And I don't use many Orbs in PMD (Escape Orbs when necessarry, but nothing otherwise), so magic stones would be unused. And mundane equipment... Kitsune probably would not use any.

Maybe a guidebook on monsters or a monocle that looks for inconsistencies in stone to find traps? Use your imagination, it's a fantasy setting. :) The stones work like one-off unicorn spells, so you could have just a pair of Illumination stones in case you're plunged into total darkness and need to see, or you could think of something creative that would be in character for your pony to carry around, as long as it's not too OP. Being a unicorn, you're probably less likely to have mundane, common stones like Illumination or other presdigitation (common, simple magic tricks) stones because all unicorns can use basic cantrips, so think of something Kitsune might want to do that's outside his realm of expertise. Again, imagination is key. ;) As for mundane equipment, being a cartographer, you might want a blank journal to draw maps, a map of Greenwood (the starting town) and the surrounding area, and a quill & ink.

EDIT: Also, edited in a sign up for your RP. Let's both have fun playing each others games, and fingers crossed they don't die! :D

Oho, Experienced RPer coming through, friends!
Name: Cogs A-Turning
Sexuality: Hetro
Race: Earth
Appearance: Cogs is an auburn coated colt with a messed up brown mane. He has blue eyes, and upon his flank sits his cutie mark, a pair of copper meshing gears.
He does, however, have features other Ponies may not- one of his front legs is mechanical, and can deploy rope, or use electromagnetism currents to pick up things like a hoof.

He wears a bent tophat on his forehead, though it seems to have taken damadge in the past. He has a jacket over his back aswell, and he carries a stick with a lightbulb on the end.
Profession: Explorer
Rank- Aprentice

Personality and Background: Cogs is a curious Pony, to say the least. An Earth Pony Born unto a Unicorn and a Pegasus, he often wondered why Pegasi or Unicorns got powers like magic or flight, whereas Earth Ponies were stranded on the ground, powerless. He set about correcting this. He earned his Cutie Mark in Invention after replacing his Amputated Leg.

Cogs would come across many as a Nutty Proffeser Type. Honestly, he is- unless you attempt to agravate him by telling him Magic is Superior to Science, he honestly would not hurt a fly. That is to say, if a Manticore attempted to maul him, but had the decency to say nothing on the Subject of Science, it would be an even fight. But if it suddenly started talking by no Aparant reason, and called his inventions child-like, there would be bloodshed.

If somepony makes the Mistake of Agravating him, the only thing that calms him down is large quantities of Jam Dohnuts. One thing that excites Cogs other than the thrill of invention, is Exploration. Cogs yearns to be the first pony to set his eyes on something nopony has ever seen before. This has yet to happen.

Saddlebags: 2 Lodestones, 1 Prothestic Leg, Torch-stick, Grapple, Smelter
Bits: 25

Stats:
Strength: 2
Athleticism: 2
Intelligence: 4
Perception: 2
Streetwise: 1
Stamina: 3

Last edited:
Accepted. What stat points does your gizmo (I'm assuming that's the prosthetic leg) grant? I can only see twelve alloted points, the starting 10 and your racial and class bonus, you should have 14 total. That goes for you, too, RuBoo - you should have an additional 2 stat points in Streetwise.

OK, cool. We can start with just the two of you, or do you want to wait and see if a Bodyguard-class explorer signs up to round off the team first?

I'd wait for someone to round off the team, personally.

I came here from a link on the fanfiction referenced in the first post, and feel like giving this a shot, if it's still going to happen. Not gonna do that review thing for bonus points because I really don't see any glaring flaws in it, at least not so far.

Name: Lucky Star
Sexuality: Agnostic ("You can do whoever you want, I'm just not into that sort of thing.")
Race: Pegasus
Profession: Bodyguard
"Gizmo": Chameleon Eyes (inherent, +2 PER)
Inventory: Restoration Stone (heals 10 HP), Water Stone (produces 10 ounces of water), Night-eye Stone (grants 10 minutes of DND-style Darkvision), Escape Stone (transports up to 1 metric ton of mass to the nearest safe location within 10 miles [It uses units from two different systems because magic]), 50-foot rope, 10-foot collapsible pole, Flint-and-Steel
Bits: 10

Stats

STR: 4
ATH: 1
INT: 0
PER: 2
SWI: 3
STA: 4

Background

Lucky is a bit of a silly pony. She's always cheerful and optimistic, even in the worst of situations, and makes the most off-the-wall jokes to lighten the mood. She rarely lets bad things get to her, to the point that the first thing anypony hears about her is "nice girl, but completely oblivious". True to form, if asked how she feels about this Lucky would reply "Oh, I don't mind, I do zone out sometimes." She tends to avoid combat as much as possible, but knows that sometimes there's no alternative and is perfectly capable of not only holding her own in a fight, but excelling despite the odds not being in her favor.

Lucky has a rather athletic build, with powerful wings, arms, and legs. ("Of course ponies have arms, don't you know anything about medicine?") Her body color is best described as a pastel maroon, and her mane is blonde. Her eyes are indigo and her cutie mark is a rainbow starburst. She has the unique ability to control which way her eyes are looking individually; this made her a bit of a klutz as a filly, as she had a tendency to look in two separate directions when what she really needed was depth perception. Years of practice have given her eyesight comparable to that of a chameleon.

Lucky grew up in a rural area, and learned all kinds of practical skills while playing in the fields and woods. A retired adventurer lived in town, and told stories of her escapades to any foals interested enough to listen; Lucky spent hours listening to her tales of exploration and danger. Lucky decided she wanted to be an explorer as well when she grew up, on the grounds that "if I join up, maybe they won't have to run away panicking so much. Panicking is no fun at all."

Last edited:
Yup, it's still happening. Start ups will be up soon! You're format is slightly off, but everything is there, so you are Accepted!

An excellent contrast to Kitsune. I'm temped to use the term "foil".

Well as interested as I am in this RP, I'ma be gone until Sunday so you won't be able to get my signup until then. Can I still give you a signup by that time, or am I out of luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom