• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: My LOONA x Pokemon crossover fanfic

MurotanGekkiLuv

#TzuyusOppa #WhatIsLove #ValentinesDay
Reaction score
I thought I should share a crossover fanfic I started on the KProfiles Forums a couple of days ago here...
This fanfic is rated Teen for references to suicide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTION - The first page of Olivia Hye's Pokemon diary
"So, yeah, I've been exploring the Pokemon world for some time now. In this diary, I've written down all my Pokemon adventures, from Alola to Vermilion City. But it's not only me that's on the go - Choerry, Yves, Kim Lip, and Go Won are with me, too. Hope you enjoy! -Olivia Son Hye-joo, LOONA"
CHAPTER 1 - Pokemon Rising (November 1)
Dear Diary:
I just woke up this morning to discover that I was in a different world - I didn't recognize it a lot, other than from all that'd been advertised on the billboards of Seoul. It took me a few minutes to realize that I was in Alola, a region that was somewhat like Hawaii - later, I noticed a sign that said, "Welcome to Hau'oli City."

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm Olivia Hye, and my teammates in our quest for Pokemon are fellow bandmates Choerry, Yves, Kim Lip, and Go Won.

The first Pokemon egg I saw in the shopping district of Hau'oli City was what'd hatch into a Snom a few minutes after I noticed it. It was as cuddly as a teddy bear, as anyone could see. Speaking of Pokemon eggs, here's a list of the five Pokemon that hatched from them:
  1. Snom (mine)
  2. Riolu (Choerry's)
  3. Bulbasaur (Yves's)
  4. Pichu (Kim Lip's)
  5. Squirtle (Go Won's)
After all of those eggs hatched, all of us went into a popular Korean charcoal grill restaurant in the shopping district, where its waiters greeted us by saying, "Alola, girls!" and offered us a menu. All of us ate some chargrilled bulgogi beef patties - well, all except Kim Lip, whom decided to eat something different: char-grilled kalbi and tteokbokki on French toast. Ewww!

After we'd finished eating our food, we checked into an inn beside the Hau'oli City marina. We took a rest in our inn room before going on a night out in the shopping district, where all of us brought in our Pokemon - that is, all of us except Go Won, whose Squirtle had to be trapped in his Poke Ball in our in room (yes, Go Won identified her Pokemon as male). If there was one wide selfie from that night out that's been attached to my mind for, like, forever, it'd be the one Choerry took with her Riolu.

After lots of shopping and dining out, it was time for us to go back to our inn rooms and be off to the hay. My Snom will evolve into a Frosmoth overnight, probably as a result of my affection for her (my Pokemon was confirmed to be female after a DNA test, period). However, it won't be until the next afternoon that Choerry's Riolu will evolve into a Lucario...

Sincerely,
Olivia Hye

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting concept. How far have you written at this point?
Well, I have a new chapter in progress on the KProfiles Forums (the place where I originally posted my LOONA x Pokemon crossover fanfic on), but I'll post Chapter 1 of it here after I finish writing Chapter 4 in order to give myself just a little more time to start Chapter 5.

Well, I have a new chapter in progress on the KProfiles Forums (the place where I originally posted my LOONA x Pokemon crossover fanfic on), but I'll post Chapter 1 of it here after I finish writing Chapter 4 in order to give myself just a little more time to start Chapter 5.
Yeah it's always a good idea to be ahead when it comes to writing. Welcome to the forums by the way.

Hi there, welcome to the WW!

Just a reminder that all story threads on the main workshop page should actually contain a story, as per the rules. Please edit your thread to include your story.

Hi there, welcome to the WW!

Just a reminder that all story threads on the main workshop page should actually contain a story, as per the rules. Please edit your thread to include your story.

Indeed, I'd recommend having a good look at the rules in that link, because you 'll need content warnings with a TEEN-rated story

CHAPTER 1 - Pokemon Rising (November 1)
Dear Diary:
I just woke up this morning to discover that I was in a different world - I didn't recognize it a lot, other than from all that'd been advertised on the billboards of Seoul. It took me a few minutes to realize that I was in Alola, a region that was somewhat like Hawaii - later, I noticed a sign that said, "Welcome to Hau'oli City."

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm Olivia Hye, and my teammates in our quest for Pokemon are fellow bandmates Choerry, Yves, Kim Lip, and Go Won.

The first Pokemon egg I saw in the shopping district of Hau'oli City was what'd hatch into a Snom a few minutes after I noticed it. It was as cuddly as a teddy bear, as anyone could see. Speaking of Pokemon eggs, here's a list of the five Pokemon that hatched from them:
  1. Snom (mine)
  2. Riolu (Choerry's)
  3. Bulbasaur (Yves's)
  4. Pichu (Kim Lip's)
  5. Squirtle (Go Won's)
After all of those eggs hatched, all of us went into a popular Korean charcoal grill restaurant in the shopping district, where its waiters greeted us by saying, "Alola, girls!" and offered us a menu. All of us ate some chargrilled bulgogi beef patties - well, all except Kim Lip, whom decided to eat something different: char-grilled kalbi and tteokbokki on French toast. Ewww!

After we'd finished eating our food, we checked into an inn beside the Hau'oli City marina. We took a rest in our inn room before going on a night out in the shopping district, where all of us brought in our Pokemon - that is, all of us except Go Won, whose Squirtle had to be trapped in his Poke Ball in our in room (yes, Go Won identified her Pokemon as male). If there was one wide selfie from that night out that's been attached to my mind for, like, forever, it'd be the one Choerry took with her Riolu.

After lots of shopping and dining out, it was time for us to go back to our inn rooms and be off to the hay. My Snom will evolve into a Frosmoth overnight, probably as a result of my affection for her (my Pokemon was confirmed to be female after a DNA test, period). However, it won't be until the next afternoon that Choerry's Riolu will evolve into a Lucario...

Sincerely,
Olivia Hye

@Ducky Mioda please read the Workshop's rules carefully.
  • The first post of each thread of work must contain either part of the work in the form of a first chapter/entry or teaser or an index/table of contents.
As per the above rule, I have edited the first post of this thread to contain your first chapter.

What's LOONA? Well, as not to make this one guy asking about the fic and mods being mods without taking the one minute to read...

- Going date by date, I see!
- So I guess this is South Korean. Though how did the narrator instantly figure out they were in Alola and not real-world Hawaii? Billboards I guess, but why is a fictional/another world being advertised all over in Seoul?
- Well I have heard of wasting no time but this is like a landspeed record for least amount of time wasted getting into things. Like you go "I saw an egg and it hatched. Also a bunch of other eggs I didn't mention hatched and went to my friends. Never mind how we got to own the Pokemon."
- References to obscure foreign cuisine is nice and fitting to what it's presumed to be.
- Why would the Squirtle have to be confined? Can think of several reasons, but the writing is notably evasive on specifically why.
- So wait her friend can identify a Pokemon's gender presumably the easy way, but this girl somehow got a DNA test at the DNA testing zone which was presumably conveniently available? And they bond enough in one day in order to evolve by happiness right away?!

Eh. Well I hope this is just an intro chapter to establish everything before getting into the actual fic itself. It doesn't do a lot to establish what LOONA - or even what Pokemon - might be for the people who don't know. You're just assumed to know. No stage is set, the characters themselves (Pokemon and human) aren't even introduced, and the main character/narrator is barely so. There's nothing wrong with slowing down and going into detail! At least some. It's hard to get any sort of investment in anything when it's going into as little detail as this. Like this reads more like a summary of a first chapter rather than the actual chapter itself.

Well, I suppose you're framing it as a diary entry. Which wouldn't be long-winded. But it may not be the best for a chaptered fic beyond this first part. I'll keep on checking out what you got to share in any case, though.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom