• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"My name's Victoria, I'm 15 years old and I'm GUNNA have a baby!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, essentially, you're saying there is no difference between "The Real World" and "The Hall of Shame"?

Well, I'm trying to change that.

No, he's saying you have no clue what the Hall of Shame is about.

So, essentially, you're saying there is no difference between "The Real World" and "The Hall of Shame"?

Well, I'm trying to change that.

Find me one thread in the Hall of Shame which does not involve poking fun at the original poster. Because I can find plenty of threads in "The Real World" about STORIES about people doing stupid things and everyone in the thread is making fun of them, because, well, that's the point, it's an amusing story, just like this one.

Only if people were poking fun at Pianoplaynfool (which has no reason to happen), should this be moved. But no, he didn't do anything retarded. The original poster needs to do or say something retarded or off the wall for this to go here. Liekz the Mudkipz's thread was a good example.

In a few mins I'll edit and link to said examples. Just promise you won't move them, LOL.

edit: Here's one... http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=23687 people are just talking about how stupid Britney is. Which is... kinda the point. Same with this thread on the issue with Victoria.

Last edited:
Nice. Post a link to something before I took over that forum. When you've got something after I became the mod of "The Real World" I'll listen. (12/17/07 if you're interested.)

No, he's saying you have no clue what the Hall of Shame is about.

Oh, I have a clue, but the gadfly in me asks if that is written somewhere? If it isn't, it's free to interpretation and also to re-interpretation. Yeah, I will exploit that loophole.

Last edited:
Nice. Post a link to something before I took over that forum. When you've got something after I became the mod of "The Real World" I'll listen. (12/17/07 if you're interested.)

So you're saying that you would have tossed that over here? Well, I'm glad you hadn't yet at that point.

This reminds me of the time when I was talking to LX about his strictness when I felt like he was killing the forum and I had said something about how Misc once had a thread a girl posted asking "what's it like to be kicked in the nuts" and how that thread was considered okay, and he said "yeah, but that was before I was modded" as if that was something to be proud of.

Oh, I have a clue, but the gadfly in me asks if that is written somewhere? If it isn't, it's free to interpretation and also to re-interpretation. Yeah, I will exploit that loophole.

So in other words, you KNOW what it's for yet you're just exploiting the loophole? Um... okay... but what's the point. It would seem pointless to do it in such a situation unless you were trying to be funny or impress. But it's not, it's pure lameness. If you're trying to "change" what it means, I would suggest for the board's sake, and for the sake of your own reputation, not to.

Wonder how the administration feel about your approach to moderation, Gadfly. Will have to ring them up about it.

I know if I were still head admin, I'd be a long way to taking away that shiny italic to your name for gross power-tripping.

This certainly doesn't have anything to do with the HoS. Back to the Real World. Gadfly, if you have a problem with this, then contact Archaic, but I'm moving this back to where it belongs. I think the others (Zak and Jo-Jo, plus Dami) have explained quite well the difference between the Real World and the HoS.

Okay, I just realized her dropping out of school for "Girls Gone Wild" would be COMPLETELY pointless.

Apparently, brothels and what not will put you on birth-control anyways.

So honestly, Victoria. Stay in school, get an education. Get rid of that tacky ghetto accent. Hit the college, ACTUALLY LEARN about parenthood, and THEN have a baby AFTER you get married. Mkay?
*pats head with bamboo sword of wisdom*

Getting married is optional.

The important part is getting a steady, committed relationship. Which, given how asy it is to divorce these days, is no different from marriage.

I love how when she comes out from backstage it's just one long censor bleep pretty much.

I'd say the important part is having some common sense and enough money to give the kid a decent life. A relationship is optional. Single parents do just fine.

True, although in the vast majority of cases, a stable relationship (married or not) is probably best.

Also, of course, if you live in one of those backward "children born of unmarried couple are the children of the devil!" town/region/state/province, you should probably bother with the marrying part.

Yeah, but I think it's a bit late for Victoria to earn those people's approval. :p

Honestly, it's more the kid I'm worried about ;-)

Agreed. If the mother doesn't to make an effort to raise her daughter right, she should at least do what she can to make sure that the baby has the best chance it can at a decent life.

This certainly doesn't have anything to do with the HoS. Back to the Real World.

An excellent example of the real world.

I concede, especially since the tone of the thread has changed from bashing Victoria to an actual discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom