• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Closed My Nuzlocke Series

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I guess i should return to Nagasaki to stop Maxie from stealing the submarine. I head down Mt. Pyre and then down route 123, where i stole a Gyaradosite from a Poochyena. When i arrive in Mauville, i remember that i can just use an HM slave to fly between cities, so i do that. I head to the docks for the grand unveiling of the submarine. Captain Stern had just finished an interview when i arrive, and he then picks me out of the crowd to tell me how his sub can be used to find the super-ancient pokemon on route 128. We then hear a voice from inside the shipyard, claiming that team magma is stealing the submarine. Inside, we see Homura and Maxie steal the ship, claiming they're bringing it to their base in Lilycove. A few magma grunts battle me so i can't immediately give chase, but i dispatch them with ease.

Stern gives me a lift in his boat to the Lilycove harbor, so i guess i should now search this city for the magma base. As i walk up the stairs to the northern part of the city, Brendan approaches me; he had apparently been doing shopping in the department store here. He challenges me a battle, which i totally have time for. He leads with Swellow and i lead with Kaboom. One discharge takes him out, so next is Swampert. I switch to Zangief and take him out with three slashes. Next is Breloom, so i switch to Benekiptus. I mega evolve and take it out with a blaze kick, though i do end up poisoned. Last is Magcargo, so i send Sashimi out and one-shot it. After this battle, Brendan concludes that he's just not cut out to be a trainer, and says he'll return to Littleroot Town to help his dad with research.

with that out of the way, i continue my search for the base. Along the way, i fish up Rommel the Tentacool. I end up finding a big cave just off the coast, so i go in to investigate. I also catch Dory the Magikarp while i'm here. Yup, this looks like the base. This place has a bunch of teleporter pads similar to the Silph Co building in Kanto. I find a Master Ball while exploring this base, which will be very useful later on. I eventually make it through to Magma Admin Kagari, who is guarding the sub. She sends out her Camerupt and i send out Sashimi. I mega evolve and OHKO, but not in time to prevent the submarine from getting away. I guess i'll now have to search for Maxie in the vast sea beyond Lilycove. Blegh, too much water. 7.8/10.

So i head out into the great sea. I catch Poseidon the Tentacruel on route 124. I then hit land in Mossedeep City, where a guy gives me his Super Rod. I immediately use it to fish up a Wailmer, which i name Werner. It is at this point that i remember a cave i hadn't yet explored on route 120. So i head to the Scorched Slab and fish up Edo Jishin the Barboach. To anyone who knows me, it should come as no surprise that i let it onto my team immediately. Sorry Zangief, you performed admirably, but Edo Jishin gives ground coverage and evolves into my favorite pokemon.

I think i'll call it a day for now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:
Boe (Banette) lv 41
Sashimi (Gyarados) lv 42
Edo Jishin (Barboach) lv 35
Benekiptus (Blaziken) lv 41
Kaboom (Electrode) lv 42
Sumo (Hariyama) lv 42

i thought i'd only get one or two megas at most throughout the game, but now i have 3 in my active party. crazy how these things turn out.

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I head to the move deleter in Lilycove to have Sashimi forget Surf and teach it to Edo Jishin instead. I then head back to Mossedeep. There's a gym here, but i'm not sure i should be wasting time on the gym challenge with team magma at large. So instead, i go look for them up north on route 125, where i catch Pearl the Wailmer. While i'm here, Edo Jishin evolves into the most adorable little Whiscash ever. i love this thing. I just want to hug it and cuddle it and keep it safe. But unfortunately we have ecoterrorists to find, so i don't have much time to gush over this cutie. Anyway, i come across a place called Shoal Cave. While searching this place for magma grunts, i encounter a Golbat, which i name Batman.

After clearing out the cave and finding no hints of the ecoterrorists, i remember that the boat team magma stole was in fact a submarine, so i'll likely have to search for them underwater. To go underwater, you need to use dive, for which you need the mossedeep badge, so i guess i'll be challenging the gym. Before i do so though, i need to train my darling Edo Jishin up a bit. When i'm done training, i head back to Mossedeep and challenge the gym. This is a psychic gym, so Benekiptus and Sumo will be sitting this one out. Instead, i'll be bringing Sou the Wynaut and Squidward the Tentacool, as death fodder.

The gym puzzle involves floating across a room along paths determined by switches. I eventually navigate my way to the gym leaders, a pair of twins called Tate and Liza who do double battles. I challenge them to a battle, and they send out their Solrock and Lunatone while i lead with Sashimi and Boe. After getting the intimidate off, i mega evolve Sashimi and have my mons double up on the Solrock, though Sashimi's crunch OHKOs it, which means Boe's shadow ball hits Lunatone instead, leaving it with a sliver as it goes for Hypnosis and misses. Tate & Liza go for a full restore, allowing me to kill the lunatone and grab the win without taking any damage.

When i step outside, there's a giant earthquake and a beam of light emitting from route 128. Steven then comes up to me and congratulates me on defeating the gym leaders, then takes me to his house. He informs me that route 128 is the resting place of the ancient pokemon he was studying back in Granite Cave, and that he suspects this beam of light is related to it. This mon could seriously upset the world's weather patterns, which seems to be in line with what the ecoterrorists want. He then gives me the HM for Dive so that i can access the underwater, as well as scuba gear so as to not drown, allowing me to reach the super-ancient pokemon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:
Sashimi (Gyarados) lv 44
Boe (Banette) lv 44
Edo Jishin (Whiscash) lv 43
Benekiptus (Blaziken) lv 42
Kaboom (Electrode) lv 43
Sumo (Hariyama) lv 43

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I head south onto route 127 and catch a Tentacruel, which i name Inky. I then realise i haven't yet taught dive to any of my party members, so i teach it to Sashimi. Nothing of note on the seafloor here though, so i head on to route 128, where i fish up ♥ the Luvdisc. I dive underwater here and catch Seth the Chinchou. Diving here in Kyushu's seas is really beautiful by the way; if you're a fan of diving, you should defs check out this underwater scenery. I come across a giant cavern here where i see Team Magma's stolen submarine being stationed. this must be where they're at. I catch a golbat and name it Akari, then i plough my way through a bunch of magma grunts while navigating this maze of a cavern. Eventually, i make my way through to the room where the legendary pokemon Groudon rests. There, i witness a discussion between Maxie and Aqua leader Archie. Archie seems to have failed to stop Maxie, and does one final attempt to sway him not to enact his disastrous plan.

I guess it once again falls to me to stop the ecoterrorists. I run up to Maxie, and we do battle after he goes on a bit of a villain rant. He sends out Mightyena and i lead with Benekiptus. One double kick takes him out, despite his intimidate. Next is Weezing, so i switch to Boe. Boe mega evolves and takes it out in two hits. Crobat comes next, so i send out Kaboom and two-shot it with discharge. Last is Camerupt, so i send out Edo Jishin. Camerupt mega evolves, but that doesn't stop me from one-shotting with surf. The results of our battle don't actually seem to matter to maxie though. He continues to rant about how he'll awaken Groudon, when we're interrupted by admin Homura who tells Maxie that this is a very bad idea, considering what he learned at the weather institute. Maxie ignores him though, and awakens Groudon with the orb he stole from Mt. Pyre.

Maxie gloats in his victory, but then gets a call from outside that the weather is far worse than team magma had anticipated and that everyone is now in danger. Archie then scolds Maxie for underestimating the power of the super-ancient pokemon. Shut up Archie, you'd be just as bad if the roles were reversed and you know it. Anyway, we all head outside and see that the sky is literally on fire from Groudon's power. Maxie seems to regret his actions, but it's a bit too late for that; the damage has been done. Archie remarks that Groudon seems to be headed for Sootopolis City, so we should be heading in that direction. The teams then leave in that direction, and Steven comes soaring in on his Latias. He remarks how this extreme sun could destroy the whole earth, and asks me to go fix the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:
Benekiptus (Blaziken) lv 45
Boe (Banette) lv 45
Sumo (Hariyama) lv 45
Sashimi (Gyarados) lv 45
Edo Jishin (Whiscash) lv 45
Kaboom (Electrode) lv 45

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I thus head to Route 126 where i catch Moby Dick the Wailmer. There's no entrance to Sootopolis on the water's surface, so i dive and find a hidden cavern, which can be used to access the city. Is this really the only way into the city? how do they get food or other basic necessities in here? must be terribly inconvenient to live here. it's a beautiful city though, with the houses hewn out of the sides of a caldera. I wish i had time to appreciate it, but there's a giant lava monster at large. So i catch Ponyo the Magikarp and explore the city. I meet Steven here, who is talking to the gym leader. Gym leader Wallace sees that i hold the Blue Orb, so he takes me to the entrance of the Cave of Origin, where Archie, Maxie and Homura are waiting. Team Magma and the Devon Corporation have apparently crafted a suit that can withstand Groudon's magma, which Homura gives to me. Everyone then gives me words of encouragement, including Brendan who shows up for some reason, and the gym leader grants me access to the cave, where Groudon resides.

Inside the cave, i catch a Golbat and name it Nori. I then proceed deeper and deeper as the earth trembles under my feet. I finally reach a pool of magma, so i put on my magma suit and let the blue orb shine, and Groudon comes out. I then get a call from Maxie through the suit. He tells me to ride Groudon, so i do that. Groudon takes me to a battlefield, where he reverses to his primal form and we face off. I fling my Master Ball its way, and it's over. I've caught the legendary pokemon Groudon. But it's ugly so i release it immediately. The cave then starts to collapse around me, so i flee. When i get outside, i see that the sun has cleared up and the weather is back to normal. the day is saved. Team magma also seems to regret their actions and won't repeat them. Maxie even gives me the red orb he stole. I still think they belong in jail for what they've done, but i don't call the shots.

The teams leave, and Steven gives me a flute to call my old friend Latios and soar through the sky with him. I hope Latios isn't pissed ad me for releasing him because he's ugly. I immediately take to the skies to try it out. You get a great view over all of Kyushu from up here. This is truly amazing. I know few others will get to experience flight the way i'm experiencing it now, but if you ever get the opportunity, grab it. I run into a flock of wingull up here, catch one and name it Hyoi. I land on route 128 and decide to further explore the seas from here. Under the waterfall to Ever Grande, i catch Ugh the Luvdisc. On route 129, i catch Hugo the Wailmer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:
Sashimi (Gyarados) lv 46
Sumo (Hariyama) lv 46
Kaboom (Electrode) lv 46
Edo Jishin (Whiscash) lv 46
Boe (Shuppet) lv 47
Benekiptus (Blaziken) lv 46

Maybe i should have saved my master ball for Rayquaza, but eh, whatever.

Also, why does this game feel the need to have Brendan show up everywhere? he adds nothing.

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I head west onto route 130, where i catch QWERTY the Wailmer. On route 131, i catch a Horsea, which i name Umi-Epona. There's a cave on this route that seems to lead to a big tower in the distance, but some girl is blocking my access. eh, probs unimportant. I then stumble upon a town called pacifidlog, which is entirely built on floating logs atop a Corsola population. pretty damn awesome, though i do wonder how they keep any sort of economy running out here. fisheries must be big, i guess. Anyway, i fish up a Wailmer and name it Blob.

After a short stop, i head further west and get swept away by an incredibly strong current. I manage to catch another Wailmer here and name it Blauw, but i seriously hope that i won't get swept so far from the shore that i can't return. I get swept onto route 133 where i catch Kasumi the Horsea before the current whisks me away again to route 134. Here, i happen to land at a place where i can dive, so i head underwater and find a chamber with a bunch of braille. The braille on the wall mentions i need both a Wailord and a Relicanth to proceed, but since i have neither, i just fish up Benito the Wailmer and head above the water again. As soon as i hit the surface, the current takes me away again, to Nagasaki. So happy to have solid land under my feet again. i'll tell you, that was scary.

I think it's now time to fly back to Sootopolis and challenge the last gym in the region. This is a water gym, so Benekiptus will be sitting this one out. Instead, i'll take Sou the Wynaut, as death fodder. The gym puzzle here involves walking across icy floors in such a pattern that every tile will crack. i'm pretty good at this; i only break through once. I reach Wallace without too much effort and challenge him to a battle. He leads with Luvdisc and i lead with Boe. He uses attract, forcing me to switch to Sumo. Sumo gets hit by a lovely kiss, so i switch again, this time to Kaboom. Discharge takes him out, and wallace sends out his Whiscash. I switch to Edo Jishin for a standoff between two of the most adorable pokemon ever. It breaks my heart to have to take Wallace's whiscash out, but i need the badge, so i take it out with two earthquakes. Milotic is up next, so i switch to Kaboom. Two discharges take it out, but Kaboom is now badly damaged. Wallace sends out Sealeo, so i send out Sumo and take it out. Last is Seaking, for which i switch to Sashimi. I mega evolve and take him out with one crunch, getting me the win.

Wallace gives me the last badge, as well as HM05 Waterfall, which i will need to access Ever Grande City, where the pokemon league is. I teach it to Sashimi immediately, then i decide to call it a day for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:
Boe (Banette) lv 48
Benekiptus (Blaziken) lv 47
Kaboom (Electrode) lv 48
Sumo (Hariyama) lv 48
Sashimi (Gyarados) lv 48
Edo Jishin (Whiscash) lv 48

didn't plan to go to the braille chamber; got there through pure coincidence. i had already decided to just skip it since it's a lot of effort to get to and it yields no pokemon i want.

also, didn't Waterfall used to be HM07?