• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Pokémon book idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3D

Reaction score
So I was thinking to myself, with information from Bulbapedia and the rest of the Internet, wouldn't it be cool if someone compiled a huge book about everything Pokémon? Of course, such a book would be huge, so I decided to break it into generations.

Generation One, the first volume, would include a history of Pokémon from 1996 through 1999, a walkthrough for Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow, a Pokédex for the first 151 Pokémon (including movesets, game graphics, and more), an episode guide for the cartoon (up to the Orange Islands), a manga summary, and coverage on toys.

It's based roughly after "Pokémon Trainer's Guide" (1999, Sandwich Islands Press), which has many of the same things I'm planning in the book (except mine will be more comprehensive and less error-prone). Of course, there are some things that would be limitations.

1. It would take a long time to publish.
2. I really, really want to include card scans, as were most books and magazines during that time, but with Nintendo's sudden lawsuit of Beckett last year, now I'm not so sure.
3. I'd like to make it about as thick as a Prima guide, but have the cost low enough so that kids would be able to buy it relatively inexpensively.

Ideally, getting it licensed by Nintendo would guarantee lots of things, including distribution, but it's pretty expensive.

The other thing is possibly using the Bulbapedia name, but that would be just as troublesome, as I don't want to use information exclusively from Bulbapedia.

What do you think?

Your book idea sounds like more trouble than it's worth. You would need Nintendo's permission and it would cost a large sum of money. And I'm not sure how you're planning to include Bulbapedia, but that just sounds like even more of a hassle. D8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom