• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

My Pokemon Journeys dub episode title predictions (JN013 onwards)

It's roly-poly time!
Reaction score
Similar to this, but here, I'll be predicting the English dub titles of the Journeys episodes that currently only have Japanese titles. Here's my first batch of such predictions:
  1. JN013: All Things Gigantic and Strong! (a reference to Gigantamaxing)
  2. JN014: A Raid With a View! (a reference to the Raid Battle in this episode)
  3. JN015: Cubone and the Snowy City! (a reference to the snow falling in Vermillion City in this episode, and also Cubone being featured)
  4. JN016: Purplish, Cursed, and Sometimes Mischievous, Too! (a reference to the Gengar featured in this episode)
  5. JN017: Scorbunny's Ambitious and Evolutionary Flame! (a reference to the fact that Goh's Scorbunny evolves into a Raboot in this episode)
  6. JN018: All I Wanna Do is Fight, Fight, Fight! (a reference to Ash's participation in the World Coronation Series)
  7. JN019: I'm Ditto! (a direct translation of the episode's Japanese title)
  8. JN020: We're the Manpower! (a reference to the bond between Ash and Goh showing in this episode)
  9. JN021: Sweet Baby Riolu! (a reference to the fact that Ash's Egg hatches into a Riolu in this episode)
  10. JN022: Raboot's Failed Goodbye! (a reference to Goh's attempt to release his Raboot in this episode)
  11. JN023: Pandemic Panic at the Cerise Park! (inspired by a translation of the episode's Japanese title, which mentions a "massive panic" at Cerise Park; also a reference to the state of emergency regarding the COVID-19 pandemic that delayed this episode's Japanese airdate to June 7 this year)
  12. JN024: Team Rocket's Resort Vacay! (a reference to Team Rocket's vacation to the Sinnoh Resort Area in this episode)
  13. JN025: From Evolution to Mega Evolution! (a reference to the fact that, even after a Riolu evolves into Lucario, it can Mega Evolve using a Lucarionite)
  14. JN026: The Magikarp That Got Away Was Big! (a reference to the Magikarp in this episode)
  15. JN027: The Battle Finale of Leon! (inspired by the episode's Japanese title, which translates into "Legends of Heroes! Leon's Greatest Battle!")
  16. JN028: Ephemeral Sobble Night! (a reference to the fact that Sobble's featured in this episode)
  17. JN029: Why So Jealous, Yamper? (a reference to the episode's Japanese title, which translates into "Electrifying Jealousy! Yamper's Feelings")
  18. JN030: Pikachu Blues!
  19. JN031: Feebas and the Prism Scale! (a direct translation of the episode's Japanese title)
  20. JN032: Across Time and Space!

Last edited:
Reaction score
JN021 sounds very cute as well as JN015.

I doubt they'll reference the pandemic, nowadays Pokemon wants to stay away from controversy.

JN026 will likely have two titles for each segment.

It's roly-poly time!
Reaction score
JN021 sounds very cute as well as JN015.

I doubt they'll reference the pandemic, nowadays Pokemon wants to stay away from controversy.

JN026 will likely have two titles for each segment.
Thanks for your suggestions and praise! I might as well come up with a better English dub title prediction for JN023, but it could take a while before I manage to.

Changes to the original predictions New
It's roly-poly time!
Reaction score
By noting @Nicolas721's suggestions, I decided to change some of my predictions for JN023 and JN026's English dub titles:
  1. JN023: Fun at the Cerise Park!
  2. JN026: The Magikarp That Got Away Was Big!/The Gundan
    Army
    of Slowking!
    (as this episode is split into two different segments)

Second batch of predictions New
It's roly-poly time!
Reaction score
Hey there! Now that I know something about JN033 through JN035, I'll predict their English dub titles right away!
  • JN033: It's Trade-and-Switch Time!
  • JN034: Enter Bea and Machamp! (a reference to Bea owning a Machamp in Twilight Wings)
  • JN035: Gotta Catch Ya Later, Pikachu!