• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Pokemon Journeys dub episode title predictions (JN013 onwards)

MurotanGekkiLuv

#TzuyusOppa #WhatIsLove #ValentinesDay
Reaction score
Similar to this, but here, I'll be predicting the English dub titles of the Journeys episodes that currently only have Japanese titles. Here's my first batch of such predictions:
  1. JN013: All Things Gigantic and Strong! (a reference to Gigantamaxing)
  2. JN014: A Raid With a View! (a reference to the Raid Battle in this episode)
  3. JN015: Cubone and the Snowy City! (a reference to the snow falling in Vermillion City in this episode, and also Cubone being featured)
  4. JN016: Purplish, Cursed, and Sometimes Mischievous, Too! (a reference to the Gengar featured in this episode)
  5. JN017: Scorbunny's Ambitious and Evolutionary Flame! (a reference to the fact that Goh's Scorbunny evolves into a Raboot in this episode)
  6. JN018: All I Wanna Do is Fight, Fight, Fight! (a reference to Ash's participation in the World Coronation Series)
  7. JN019: I'm Ditto! (a direct translation of the episode's Japanese title)
  8. JN020: We're the Manpower! (a reference to the bond between Ash and Goh showing in this episode)
  9. JN021: Sweet Baby Riolu! (a reference to the fact that Ash's Egg hatches into a Riolu in this episode)
  10. JN022: Raboot's Failed Goodbye! (a reference to Goh's attempt to release his Raboot in this episode)
  11. JN023: Pandemic Panic at the Cerise Park! (inspired by a translation of the episode's Japanese title, which mentions a "massive panic" at Cerise Park; also a reference to the state of emergency regarding the COVID-19 pandemic that delayed this episode's Japanese airdate to June 7 this year)
  12. JN024: Team Rocket's Resort Vacay! (a reference to Team Rocket's vacation to the Sinnoh Resort Area in this episode)
  13. JN025: From Evolution to Mega Evolution! (a reference to the fact that, even after a Riolu evolves into Lucario, it can Mega Evolve using a Lucarionite)
  14. JN026: The Magikarp That Got Away Was Big! (a reference to the Magikarp in this episode)
  15. JN027: The Battle Finale of Leon! (inspired by the episode's Japanese title, which translates into "Legends of Heroes! Leon's Greatest Battle!")
  16. JN028: Ephemeral Sobble Night! (a reference to the fact that Sobble's featured in this episode)
  17. JN029: Why So Jealous, Yamper? (a reference to the episode's Japanese title, which translates into "Electrifying Jealousy! Yamper's Feelings")
  18. JN030: Pikachu Blues!
  19. JN031: Feebas and the Prism Scale! (a direct translation of the episode's Japanese title)
  20. JN032: Across Time and Space!

Last edited:
JN021 sounds very cute as well as JN015.

I doubt they'll reference the pandemic, nowadays Pokemon wants to stay away from controversy.

JN026 will likely have two titles for each segment.

JN021 sounds very cute as well as JN015.

I doubt they'll reference the pandemic, nowadays Pokemon wants to stay away from controversy.

JN026 will likely have two titles for each segment.
Thanks for your suggestions and praise! I might as well come up with a better English dub title prediction for JN023, but it could take a while before I manage to.

Changes to the original predictions
By noting @Nicolas721's suggestions, I decided to change some of my predictions for JN023 and JN026's English dub titles:
  1. JN023: Fun at the Cerise Park!
  2. JN026: The Magikarp That Got Away Was Big!/The Gundan
    Army
    of Slowking!
    (as this episode is split into two different segments)

Second batch of predictions
Hey there! Now that I know something about JN033 through JN035, I'll predict their English dub titles right away!
  • JN033: It's Trade-and-Switch Time!
  • JN034: Enter Bea and Machamp! (a reference to Bea owning a Machamp in Twilight Wings)
  • JN035: Gotta Catch Ya Later, Pikachu!

Fourth batch of predictions
Since I've heard about the 37th to 39th Journeys episodes and their Japanese titles, leave it to me to predict some English dub titles for those episodes!...
  1. JN037: The Road to Alola! (inspired by the title of the year-2000 movie The Road to El Dorado and the fact that Ash will come to Alola in this episode)
  2. JN038: Fossils, Fossils Galore! (inspired by the fact that this episode will feature fossil Pokemon)
  3. JN039: Rematch at the Stow-on-Side Stadium! (inspired by the dub title of BW016 and the fact that there'll be a rematch with Bea in this episode)

Fifth batch of predictions
Now that at least a full day's passed since JN039 aired, it's time for me to predict the English dub titles for JN040 through JN043!...
  1. JN040: From Arceus to Zapdos! (inspired by the phrase "from A to Z" and the fact that Zapdos - a Legendary Pokemon along the mutliple Legendaries and Mythicals that've been included in the core series so far - will appear in this episode)
  2. JN041: Why Not Dub Pikachu's Voice Sometime?/So I Heard You Like Marshtomp! (Note how JN041 will likely be a two-segment episode judging from its Japanese title - also, I had to throw in a reference to the "so i herd you liek mudkipz" meme here due to Marshtomp's planned appearance in the second segment.)
  3. JN042: As If It's Your Last Weald! (inspired by the BLACKPINK song "As If It's Your Last", as well as the fact that the Slumbering Weald will be one of the settings of this episode)
  4. JN043: Darkness In Your Area! (inspired by the phrase "BLACKPINK in your area", as well as the fact that the Japanese title of this episode mentions Galar's Darkest Day)

Sixth batch of predictions
Now that I know what JN044, JN046, and JN047 will feature, and since the Japanese title for JN045 is currently unknown, let me predict the English dub titles of JN044 through JN047 right away!
  1. JN044: Into Eternatus's New World! (inspired by the Girls' Generation song "Into the New World", as well as the fact that Eternatus will appear in this episode)
  2. JN045: The Final Sword and the Final Shield! (inspired by my hopes that this episode will be the final one in the SwSh arc of Journeys)
  3. JN046: The Secret Story of Mewtwo! (inspired by the IZ*ONE song "Secret Story of the Swan", as well as the fact that Mewtwo will appear in this episode)
  4. JN047: A Hangry Champion in a Humongous Battle! (inspired by the episode's Japanese title and the English dub title of BW037)

Eighth batch of predictions
Since I've now got some info about JN049, let me predict its English dub title right away!
  1. JN049: Bungee Into Eevee's Mysterious Heart! (inspired by the lyric "Bungee into your heart" from Oh My Girl's "Bungee (Fall In Love)", as well as the episode's Japanese title)

Ninth batch of predictions
Since the Japanese episode titles for episodes JN050 through JN053 have been confirmed, I'll just predict their English dub titles below!
  1. JN050: What's in a Galarian Fossil? (inspired by the phrase "what's in a name?", as well as the fact that this episode will include fossils from the Galar region)
  2. JN051: Too Little, Too Farfetch'd! (inspired by the phrase "too little, too late", as well as the episode's Japanese title)
  3. JN052: Walking with the Mole That's That Diglett! (inspired by the lyric "I be walking with the cheese, that's that queso" from NCT 127's "Regular", as well as the episode's Japanese title)
  4. JN053: Wherefore Art Thou, Suicune? (inspired by the well-known Romeo and Juliet line "wherefore art thou, Romeo?", as well as the fact that Suicune will appear in this episode)

Tenth batch of predictions
Since the Japanese episode titles for episodes JN054 and JN055 have been confirmed, let me predict their English dub titles below!
  1. JN054: Mission Impo-Sobble! (similar to the episode's Japanese title with that Mission Impossible reference)
  2. JN055: A Glimwood Tangle Story! (from the fact that this episode will take place in Glimwood Tangle)

Since the Japanese episode titles for episodes JN056 and JN057 have been confirmed, let me predict their English dub titles!
  1. JN056: We Will Steel You! (a pun on the Queen song title of "We Will Rock You", combined with the fact that Wikstrom - a Steel-type member of Kalos's Elite Four - will appear in this episode)
  2. JN057: You Got Me Feelin' Like a Psyduck! (a pun on the song lyric of "You got me feelin' like a psycho, psycho" from Red Velvet's "Psycho", combined with the fact that a Psyduck will appear in this episode)

I've got more predictions for the English dub titles of Journeys this time, especially considering the fact that the long-awaited Grookey episode is coming next month!...
  1. JN058: Gulpin Like You're Supposed To! / Racin' The Chewtle-ish Way!
  2. JN059: The Backstreet Grookey!

Sorry if I haven't posted my Journeys dub episode title predictions here since February despite all the anime episodes that've aired in Japan since then, but you know what? I'm posting my English dub episode title predictions for all the currently-announced episodes from JN060 onwards here now, so here they are:
  1. JN060: The Newly-Leeked Secrets of Fighting!
  2. JN061: Fix It Up, Plusle and Minun!
  3. JN062: Deep in Drizzile's Heart!
  4. JN063: Marine Sports? Check!
  5. JN064: Absol-utely Anything!
  6. JN065: An Energetic Dragon-Type Brawl!
  7. JN066: It's Raining White Flabebe!
  8. JN067: Who Framed Pikachu?
  9. JN068: The Search for the All-Genes Species!
  10. JN069: Shock, Horror, and Errands!
  11. JN070: Seize That Morpeko!
  12. JN071: The First Major Step!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom