• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Pokemon Ranch. Anyone remember that?

altarofthemoone

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a minute, but I don't know if anyone remembers the WiiWare Game, My Pokemon Ranch. It was essentially Pokemon Bank/HOME (or if you go back another console, Pokemon Box for Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire) for the Wii and considering its charming gameplay and music, its surprising to know that a lot of people have forgotten about it! If you have any interesting expierences/images/videos from the game i'd love to see it. I've been watching old remnants of gameplay from 2011 YouTube, and listening to the banger soundtrack that has been ripped in HQ, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone had any cool experiences with the game!
unknown.png
here's my personal favorite image, Hayley brought two male Swinubs and they were so adorable hanging out with each other.

Oh yeah, definitely remember it. It was pretty fun honestly, at least back then. I went hard catching and depositing as many Pokémon as possible to get those Phione and Mew rewards. No clue why they didn’t release the Platinum update outside of Japan, or do a HGSS update at all.

The sad part of the story is that at one point my Wii broke so I had to send it in. They just transferred all of my save data to a replacement Wii, but for some reason My Pokémon Ranch didn’t make it over, so I lost every Pokémon I had in there. Keep in mind that to get Mew you had to deposit the max of 999, so I lost that amount or close to it. Young me was devastated. Thankfully my six core team members were on cartridge, so they are to this day the only survivors of my first main series game.

So yeah, mixed memories all around lmao.

Yeah, I remember it. Never got it because I didn't connect the Wii to the internet. Honestly, Pokemon storage has come a long way. Did you know that My Pokemon Ranch is the only legitimate way to get Mew in a generation four game? Although, has anyone even be able to trade for Mew in My Pokemon Ranch?

These days, I don't think it's possible to use it unless you make your Wii connect to that dns exploit but /shrugs.

I never played with it because it existed in that brief stint of time where I somehow managed to not care about pokemon at all for some reason. I looks really cute though.

If I could play with my pokemon and watch them run around a lil ranch and stuff and play together I'd actually consider getting pokemon home and using it...

I purchased this at the time, even without a copy of Diamond or Pearl. I love the chibi Pokémon designs of this game, though admittedly they worked better in Pokémon Rumble.

Another cool thing was the Mii ranchers that looked like the Pokémon they were most closely associated with; they would invite you to visit their ranch from time to time.

I thought this game was cute! You could get a Mew from it iirc but you had to transfer like 100 Pokemon or something...I was too lazy to ever do that lol

I used to transfer a lot of Pokemon from my copy of Diamond pretty frequently when this was still around. Can't recall if I grabbed everything the game had to offer since it's been so long.

Yeah, I got a connection glitch with it once where the Wii recognized everything from my DS game as a Bad Egg.

I transferred one in for the hell of it but when you try to move the cursor over it from the withdraw screen, it breaks the connection.

So I eventually ended up in a situation where most of my Pomemon were trapped in Ranch forever (as the Bad Egg was the first Pokemon in the ranch storage and would be the mon that was auto-selected when I went to the withdraw screen).

Think I still got pics if anyone is interested

It's a Pokemon 'game' I wished that I could get, but didn't because at the time I didn't use online at the time. I was aware it wasn't exactly a game, but the idea of having a ranch where you and your Miis can interact with the Pokemon you caught and play with them just really enticed me. I didn't really care about how utterly deformed the Pokemon look as a result of trying to fit with the Miis, either.

I had this game, but I didn't get into filling out the 'dex until recently; btw, how exactly did the Japanese "Platinum" update communicate with Platinum? There's no wireless signal in that game after the title screen unlike in Diamond and Pearl.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom