• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Pokemon ranch vs. Pokémon Battle Revolution

Which do you like?

• Total voters

FRED

Reaction score
Hey I havent seen this thread yet so if there is one let me know and I'll take this one down

Which is better?

is ranch useless other than for storage?

Are the battles in revolution not all they could be?

Are they both worth it?

Is it better just to stick with dimand and Pearl?

(I need to know before I waste my money)

Duscuss here

You should delete your other threads: Edit --> Delete Post

Also how is a storage system essentially worth US$ 10 comparable to Battle Frontier 1.5?

Honestly, if you don't have that many Pokemon, or don't want to watch them just run around on the Wii, Ranch isn't worth it.

If you're not into battles, PBR isn't worth it.

Ranch is like PokemonBox. It's just there for storage, but from what I understand you also have little mini games in there, but that's basically it. PBR gives you something to do, but it's just battling.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Does anyone know if you can move pokemon from pearl to diamand through either ranch or pbr

^ I'm 99.9% certain that you can move pokes from your games through Ranch, but I'm not so sure about PBR.

EDIT-S - Proven wrong. That's what I get for commenting on a game I don't have. XD

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can move pokemon from pearl to diamand through either ranch or pbr
As in someone depositing a Pokémon from one DS game into the Wii game and then taking it out with another DS game?

In which case, it's impossible to do that through any means. Which is a shame.

I've had a bit of fun with Ranch and PBR, but I wouldn't say it's worth $60. If they had been one $50 game with a load more features (like the ones from Stadium, more character customization, the ability to transfer Pokémon from game to game as mentioned, etc.) then it would be another story.

Yeah thats what I ment and It is kinda sad I mean Its not like I want to copy the pokemon just move it also I heared ranch isnt even compatable with platnom unless nintendo updates it in the future which it hasent yet. (I suck at spelling)

I don't like either of them too much. PBR needs a hell of a lot of reworking. The biggest thing that I had problems with was that you couldn't do doubles with someone. There also wasn't anything really interesting to do with PBR other than fix some shit that should have been fixed with Pearl and Diamond. With Ranch, the lack of activities is rather disappointing. I know it's suppose to be the box for this gen but I remember the other boxes doing much more. I feel like neither one pushed the envelope and could have been so much more. I just hope that the next gen doesn't make the same mistakes.

Neither.

I never liked the Stadium games, I got bored pretty quickly. I miss being able to level up, a story, catching new poke's. I really hope they make a Pokemon RPG for the Wii, it doesn't have to be another Shadow story, though I'm a part of the minority that'd love that. The Wii really needs more RPGS (can only think of Dragon Quest and Tales of Symphonia).

Also Battle Revolution newbie question, I imported my entire collection from Diamond which is fine as it contains two teams already and most of my DP collection. I couldn't add the ones from Pearl into it, do I really have to create a new save file or something to get them in the game? I was hoping to mix all my Pokemon from DP to one save. I didnt even give myself a chance to get bored of this game, I did one battle with the AI and turned it off :S

I like PBR because it's the only way I can battle over Wi-Fi since my Wi-Fi comes up with an error when I try to access the Wi-Fi battle or trade on Pearl (though for some reason the GTS and Battle Tower work fine). I like Ranch because of the special Pokémon that you can get (specifically Mew with Synthesis and Hypnosis).

I like PBR because it's the only way I can battle over Wi-Fi since my Wi-Fi comes up with an error when I try to access the Wi-Fi battle or trade on Pearl (though for some reason the GTS and Battle Tower work fine). I like Ranch because of the special Pokémon that you can get (specifically Mew with Synthesis and Hypnosis).

Thats bacause you have to have friends registered in your pal pad you cant just do a battle with anyone sadly (I'll battle ya through pearl if ya want)

Thats bacause you have to have friends registered in your pal pad you cant just do a battle with anyone sadly (I'll battle ya through pearl if ya want)

There's a difference between gettign an error code when trying to connect, and not finding anyone because you have no one registered. Surprisingly, it does seem easier to connect with the Wii.

really? I get the same connection on my wii as on my DS

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom