• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Return to Bulbagarden

Mythra

Reaction score
It seems that while I was gone, the dedicated blog section has gone too. In any case I will recount my experiences returning here after seven or so years.

I was previously active here as Jolene. So much has changed since 2013 it is mind boggling. After playing Ultra Sun in 2017 I engaged in a one person boycott which in hindsight was silly. I really doubt my refusal to play the games had any tangible impact on the direction of the series. I am embarrassed to admit that it was not until earlier this year that I understood that I am well past the age of being the target audience. I have a close friend with whom we always buy the opposite Pokemon games going all the way back to gen V and I didn't buy Shining Pearl and I feel as if I broke a promise by not buying the game.

Now that I have overcome my silly boycott I play Pokemon GO and quietly grumble at the arbitrary limits of Pokemon transfers to SCVI. Even so, I didn't know anyone who still played Pokemon personally. Everyone I knew moved on, so I returned here to see if I could discuss Pokemon with people who know about Pokemon. It didn't help that I recently swore off social media. Forums are much nicer and less prone to cliques, posses and other unpleasant phenomena that are too common on social media. I figured it would be more fun to discuss shared interests in a place that is actually moderated and not largely self moderated. Much like I am far too old to still be playing Pokemon I am also too old for internet drama and egotistical internet personalities. I know that I could be rather caustic in the past so my sincerest apologies to anyone I may have upset in the past.

it should be noted the staff have been very pleasant and attentive. I had forgotten people on the internet could be nice.

Glad to have you back ❤️
Things in Pokemon and social media might have changed for the worst, but this place has changed for the better imo. Besides I have been in a more caustic phase when younger that I regret too, so I can relate to that.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom