• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Sculpture + Sketch fanart...

malva mini.jpg

You might have been one of the few people I have seen that has drawn Misty in her modern appearance instead of the anime/old one.
I like Misty a lot better in her more modern appearance in Gold/Silver/HGSS, she looks a lot prettier to me, plus the younger Misty reminds me of her anime version, which I despise... too annoying. I mean, she is still kind of a brat as an adult, but less so.

Last edited:
nessa mini.jpg

I realize Drednaw looks huge, but I drew this before the release of Sword and Shield, and I wanted Drednaw to be this size, it looks a lot more imposing like this. I will still shrink it digitally later.

I like Misty a lot better in the more modern appearance in Gold/Silver/HGSS, she looks a lot prettier to me, plus the younger Misty reminds me of her anime version, which I despise... too annoying to me. I mean, she is still kind of a brat as an adult, but less so.
Well, FRLG implied that she didn't have much luck in love, and when you meet her in the Johto games, you end up interrupting her date. I guess she's more or less justified in being pissed off with you.

Well, FRLG implied that she didn't have much luck in love, and when you meet her in the Johto games, you end up interrupting her date. I guess she's more or less justified in being pissed off with you.
That's true.

Oh, very important disclaimer... In my drawings I always re-imagine the Poke Girls as grown women (20-somethings or older), never children or teens, no matter how old the characters are in the original material.

These are just so great.
Though Phoebe's signature Pokémon for me will always be Dusclops.
I kind of like to pretend the ORAS Hoenn Elite Four didn't happen... :LOL:

These are just so great.
Though Phoebe's signature Pokémon for me will always be Dusclops.
I kind of like to pretend the ORAS Hoenn Elite Four didn't happen... :LOL:

Thanks a lot. I know the sketches are far from done, but I wanted to post them as WIPs.

As for Phoebe's signature Mon, I think you're right. But I like Banette a lot better (Mega Banette even more), so I decided to draw it alongside Phoebe. Now, if her signature Mon was Dusknoir, I would have drawn it instead (EDIT: maybe not... I still prefer Banette :D).

Last edited:
Another disclaimer: the Pokemon in the sketches look less defined (more washed out) than the Trainers. This is deliberate, it is my lame attempt to make the Trainers pop out more and be the centerpiece of each sketch. In case you wondered.

Here is a clearer version of one of my sketches for the WIPs. It may look better or worse than the original cropped photo, but I'll eventually clean some of them up digitally. I just realized I have a working Photoshop (older version but still functional) in the old laptop I'm using right now for browsing, so that's a good thing. I was thinking about downloading GIMP 2 but the last time it kinda messed up my computer, so I was hesitant.

flannery mini 2.jpg

Last edited:
I also like to mention that, eventually, I plan to also sculpt some of the Pokegirls alongside their signature Pokemon (preferably in a diorama), but I won't do that until I learn another sculpting method. The "alebrije" style method I mentioned earlier is very unforgiving with small details like hands, facial features or hair, so in that style human characters look too blocky.

Back
Top Bottom