• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Team

Codface

Reaction score
Mainly for 3 vs 3

Opener -

Sableye
Prankster /Calm /Iron Ball
252 hp 128def 124mdef
Will o wisp
Recover
Trick
Taunt

Other 2 -

Dragonite
252 Atk 252Spd 4hp
Multiscale /Adamant/ Dragon Fang
Dragon Dance
Utrage
Earthquake
Roost

Breloom
Technician /Adamant/ Life Orb
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 Hp
Bullet Seed
Mach Punch
Spore
Sword Dance

My whole strategy is based around causing initial disruption with Sableye by slowing, taunting or burning the foe in order to set one of the other two up for a quick sweep. Dragonite can set up vs anything offensive and breloom is great for taking apart Focus Sash or anything slow. I feel there are still weaknesses. Roost is barely used, Dragon Fang doesnt feel ideal but Leftovers sometimes leaves things alive. Breloom struggles vs speed but I dont feel Choice Scarf is great for him.

Any help would be great.

Your team currently gets crushed by standard 3v3 rain so firstly stick a focus sash on Breloom whilst keeping everything else the same. Lum berry should be used over dragon fang to easier set up on common 3v3 stuff like Breloom. A Thunderus Taunt lead seems like it completely outclasses your Sableye because it beat all other prankster leads whilst being able to confuse and paralyze the opponent to give you an easy chance to potentially set up.

Thundurus (M) @ Focus Sash/Electric Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ Swagger
- Taunt

good point on the Breloom. Tbh no idea why I didnt think of that 'brain fart moment' on my side.

Thunderus is a nice counter to rain but I only have a Bashful one wont be getting another until after Christmas. Guess he'd have to do.

What you think about sticking Sunny Day on Sableye. Has the surprise factor and effectively ruins rain teams. Though I'd most likely be better off to drop breloom for Shiftry or something sun speedy.

Breloom is still better with a sash than Shiftry because of spore. Sunny day isn't necessary if you run spore because it hits their swiftswimmer as they take you down, you dance and then win with mach punch. Recover on it isn't complete pointless because it lets you beat stall teams better. Runny sunny day is also easy to beat because they can just switch out and back in.

Feels a lot sturdier now. Going to try out my Thunderus later. its massively average but meh.

On a more comic moment. I accidentally put a focus Band on Breloom. First match Starmie hits it to 1hp survives and breloom kills it. Next out another 1hit KO survival and again breloom Spore and kills it. Final enemy priority moved survived Focus band survived again and Breloom kills it.

That seriously must of ticked off the dude I fought.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom