• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My theory on Eevee's secret origins.

Rocket Zigzagoon

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
It's been quite a while but I finally come up with a theory on Eevee and Eeveelutions' theories. Things will be much deeper than most of you expected.

Eevee is an alien Pokémon species not native to the Pokémon World originally.

Eevee was said to be able to adapt to some climate, geographical, dimensional, technological and many other conditions thanks to the unstable, adaptive genetic codes. They can also evolve into certain Eeveelutions at their will, and certain Eeveelutions, like Espeon and Sylveon, look quite alien despite their Japanese origins told by folks in the past (Espeon being Nekomata Seijin (猫又星人), Sylveon and Umbreon are alien moon rabbits). The highly-transformable genetic code is why Eevee species are not native to the Pokémon World originally.

Also, Eeveelutions originally have dangerously high powers and intelligence that can even compare to certain alien Pokémon, such as Ultra Beasts, and despite their mammalian appearances, Eevee and their Eeveelutions are technically alien mammals. Also, due to unstable genetic structures, they're originally having secondary Egg Groups aside Field, like Fairy and Amorphous (which explains Eevee's alien structure behind cute appearance), and can be able to breed with Fairy and Amorphous-group Pokémon! Eevee in Pokémon World were highly (and painfully) terraformed that they lost the secondary Egg Group and as such, they're exclusively in Field group unlike their alien Field/Fairy or Field/Amorphous brethren. They also had their powers halved due to terraforming.

If you played the earlier main games, you can notice Eevee's an exotic Pokémon which were made as gifts. But they're becoming a little more common in later main games, which might also suggest their alien origin. And if you have played Pokémon GO, a mobile phone spinoff, you might notice that Eevee's a common and popular Pokémon who's constantly adopted by people as pets in that game (or in real-world, for that matter if Pokémon really exists in real-life). But Pokémon GO's case is a different story. In Pokémon World in main games, the Eevee species might be planning an alien invasion via infiltration, and they tried the best to not letting any regular Pokémon (like Pikachu) know their alien origins. Even humans didn't realize Eevee's an alien Pokémon not native to Pokémon World originally, which suggests Eevee's highly-masqueradable nature despite being painfully-terraformed in the Pokémon World (which might be also the same case in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon World).

It's also worth suggesting that the gender ratio for Eevee in Pokémon World is heavily male-biased, due to males being more common than females in military science fiction and real-life military, and there are more males joining the Eevee alien invasion into Pokémon World. The gender ratio for Eevee in extraterrestrial planets are uncertain, but some have reported that the Eevee species, which weren't originally native to our Pokémon World, had their genders equally distributed. Their skewed gender ratio is due to their invasion into Pokémon World being more male-biased.

So far, I will finish the theories for now. But, your cuddly, adorable cat/dog/fox/whatchamacallit Pokémon might be an alien Pokémon not native to Pokémon World in the past.

So, what's your thoughts on this alien theory? No ultra-negative replies, please!

Last edited:
I guess. They could be from another planet or another dimension. In the games they seem to be from Kalos and I'm pretty sure they're also a Kalos native species in the anime and pokéspe.

Of course, it really happened more like this:

Game freak employee 1: We need a Pokémon that can evolve into three versions of himself
Game freak employee 2: Let's make him look like this
Game freak employee 1: Perfect! Let's have NPCs give him out during the storyline, so people need to trade or hack to get the base version plus the three evolved ones!

Then, if someone joins Game Freak and makes gen 8 have a subplot where Eevee's from another planet or dimension, then he would be an alien Pokémon even if it would be retconned out in the next gen and the gen 8 remakes instead say that it's just one specific Eevee whose egg wandered into the other planet or dimension.

Also Eevee does'nt really look like something capable of a military invasion

I always got the impression that Eevee's DNA is just highly susceptible to change. Like a malleable cell that can take over 100 different forms. I mean, you could theorize that someone like Bill did experiments on it, but that wouldn't explain why all Eevees around the world are the same way.

I guess. They could be from another planet or another dimension. In the games they seem to be from Kalos and I'm pretty sure they're also a Kalos native species in the anime and pokéspe.

I don't think so. Eevee aren't common everywhere else in Kalos region though. Having multiple evolutions mean Eevee couldn't be a regular Pokemon originally. They're more like of different planets or dimensions though.

Then, if someone joins Game Freak and makes gen 8 have a subplot where Eevee's from another planet or dimension, then he would be an alien Pokémon even if it would be retconned out in the next gen and the gen 8 remakes instead say that it's just one specific Eevee whose egg wandered into the other planet or dimension.

That would be true but I am more gearing alien route. Since Eeveelutions could be more powerful than fully-evolved starters before getting terraformed, I can bet the Eeveelutions are alien Pokémon disguised as regular Pokémon, similar to the Cosmog-lines. Also, in some Sci Fi shows, some aliens can transform freely.

Also Eevee does'nt really look like something capable of a military invasion
You meant the full-on attack when I mean the infiltration.

I always got the impression that Eevee's DNA is just highly susceptible to change. Like a malleable cell that can take over 100 different forms. I mean, you could theorize that someone like Bill did experiments on it, but that wouldn't explain why all Eevees around the world are the same way.

Oh. Not many people though Eevee are aliens like I said above. If you have seen some Sci-Fi shows, some aliens could take forms freely using their own powers. Like Ultramen taking over their human hosts, or something.

1: Many Pokémon are only common to like one or two routes per region. Zoroark is only native to route 20 in Kalos, and Poni Grove and route 1 in "Ultra Alola". Lucario is only native to Route 22 in Kalos and Poni Grove in Alola. Eevee is only native to route 10 in Kalos and route 4 and 6 in Alola.

2: Unown is one of the weakest fully evolved Pokémon and they're 4th wall breaking weirdos who nobody knows where they came from. Arcanine is one of the most powerful, but are Kanto\Johto\Alola natives. Yes, evolves via fire stone, but Volcarona's a natural evolution and comes from Lush Jungle in Alola and is more powerful than the starters. And if that does'nt count we have Haxorus. The starters are yes powerful but there are Pokemon more powerful than them.

3: Maybe Eevee originally was a regular Pokémon who only evolved into Sylveon, and then aliens symbionted into them (like how Dax symbionted into Jadzia in Star Trek) and from then on all born Eevees were partially alien due to those symbionts.

Oh. Not many people though Eevee are aliens like I said above. If you have seen some Sci-Fi shows, some aliens could take forms freely using their own powers. Like Ultramen taking over their human hosts, or something.

Maybe Eevee hitched a ride with Clefairy? Either that or Eevee got some exposure to a falling star that fell from space - that's always cool.

3: Maybe Eevee originally was a regular Pokémon who only evolved into Sylveon, and then aliens symbionted into them (like how Dax symbionted into Jadzia in Star Trek) and from then on all born Eevees were partially alien due to those symbionts.

Quite possible tho. Or maybe Eevee species were imported by Ultra Recon Squad. Or some alien Pokemon from different dimensions (like Necrozma).
Also, Sylveon look more alien than other Eeveelutions due to his different eye designs.

Maybe Eevee hitched a ride with Clefairy? Either that or Eevee got some exposure to a falling star that fell from space - that's always cool.
Yeah. Or all Eevees are brought by Necrozma, or hitched a ride on them, from other dimension anyway.

Actually when I first saw Sylveon I thought more of a vampiric Eevee. Also, Umbreon and Espeon could have been the natural evos instead.

Might be, but Espeon can look quite alien too, despite being based off Nekomata in Japanese folklore.
And yeah, Sylveon does look like vampires, given the old tales of Fairies. But again, he looks pretty alien compared to other Eeveelutions.

maybe when the people of johto first saw the eevees, they thought they resembled japanese fairies and used them?

Kinda sorta. Fairies are some kind of aliens that could fool people using appearances. And maybe they watched too much folklore or shows.

If the Eevee's true origin is really alien to the Pokémon World, then most other Pokémon in the world, including Pikachu and Legendaries, were also got tricked the whole time.

Kinda sorta. Fairies are some kind of aliens that could fool people using appearances. And maybe they watched too much folklore or shows.

If the Eevee's true origin is really alien to the Pokémon World, then most other Pokémon in the world, including Pikachu and Legendaries, were also got tricked the whole time.

Yes, some fairies could have been mistaken for aliens. But not all aliens are fairies and not all fairies are alien.

I think that Raikou, Entei, and Suicune could have actually been the Pokémon equivalent of nymphs, with Raikous being born from thunderstorms, Enteis from Mt. Silver's eruptions, and Suicune from strong winds from the north.

Then Ho-Oh resurrected a bunch of dead Rattatas into his own Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (the ones who are plot-relevant in gen 2) and people started using Eevee because of the resemblance.

Sylveon's jap name is even Nymphia, like the Nymphs that the legendary gerbils are.

Then Ho-Oh resurrected a bunch of dead Rattatas into his own Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (the ones who are plot-relevant in gen 2) and people started using Eevee because of the resemblance.
Or resurrecting dead Raichu, Typhlosion and Azumarill, since their families are native to Pokémon World. :D

Yeah. Marill is part-Fairy but he isn't alien.

Also, Eevees would have been considered Ultra Beasts (since Ultra Beasts are discounted as Legendary Pokémon) too, on a specific angle if they're brought by Necrozma from other planets or universe, even though they're not really UB themselves if they're brought from just another planets.

Sylveon's jap name is even Nymphia, like the Nymphs that the legendary gerbils are
Yeah. Also in the first post here, I could see Pokemon World as a terraformed world for the Eevee species, since Eevee was orignally in Field/Fairy or Field/Amorphous egg group before brought to the Pokémon World.

Last edited:
Rattata is native to the Pokémon World and to the Johto towers.

And Elgyem\Beeheeyem are aliens but are Psychic not Fairy. Although the Dex entry says they're not actually aliens, just alien-themed monsters.
It controls tremendous psychic power. Most reports of alien sightings are actually just people mistaking Elgyem for an alien.
Deoxys is an alien virus and is psychic type too.

Ultra Beasts are from another specific universe the Ultra Dimension while Pokémon are from the Pokémon World.

Eevee was always pure Field. Although it is likely that Pokémon reproduce asexually (of the "do a little dance and a Celebi teleports you an egg that's actually a cradle" kind.) so egg groups have more to do with the materials the Pokémon is made of.

The Pokémon Earth was created and terraformed by the Legendaries way before Eevee existed.

I knew that, but the whole Pokémon universe is created by Arceus and there are some Pokémon existed outside Pokémon World within universe. I could see Eevee being an alien Pokémon not native to Pokémon World, so he might be from other planets in Pokémon Universe, in my theory anyway.

Also agree with the eggs thing. Not all Pokémon lay eggs in usual way, so asexual production might be possible, especially among plant or microorganism-based. So the eggs in Pokémon media aren't real eggs either.

Or maybe Eevee is just a distant relative of Ditto which is unable to transform, but has Ditto's unstable genetic code.
Likely though. But more an alien relative than a distant relative since Arceus created more planets than we know in Pokémon Universe. And Eevee species might be from these planets outside Pokémon World, if not Ultra Space.

Eevee could be like a distant regional form of Ditto. Or an hidden mega-evolution like Carbink to Diancie, just that the first Eevee bred with a lot of Eevees to make many more Eevees.
Or maybe otherworld, alien-planet equivalent to Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat/Bunnelby/Yungoos?
Eevee is rare in the Pokémon world in core-series games, but can be common in alien-planets (in same Pokémon Universe) or alternate universes (eg. Eevee being common in Pokémon GO's real-world Earth).

Pokémon GO does'nt really have a canon.

But yes, maybe Eevee and Ditto do indeed come from another planet, maybe they were genetically engineered by Ultra Humans to put on Earth.

and by Ultra Humans I mean like the recon squad. A few Native Alolans got sucked into different wormholes, some evolved into the type of humans that the Ultra Squad are, and others evolved into other races, one of which may have engineered Eevees and Dittos and brought them to the usual Pokéworld.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom