• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My Venting Blog

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
While this could go on the venting thread, I feel like many won't understanding what I'm feeling. Lately, I have been trying to find any form of escapism since it usually makes me feel better about what I'm currently going through, couple that with the fact that COVID-19 is also now in the way.

It's that lately, I keep having trouble with a focused mind. I don't know what's bothering me, this stupid virus or the fact that my life isn't as orderly as I would like to anymore, even I don't know exactly. Usually, RPs and imaginary stories in my head, as well as playing games I like, making me forget about the situation that I'm in currently usually makes me feel better. If nothing else works, I turn my mind toward Minecraft, the blocky nature of the game somehow comforts me in this trying time, maybe it's because most of the blocks aren't affected by gravity or due to the game having its own fictional dangers like monsters at night or going to a dimension that's literately filled with lava oceans.

Even though I'm not liking college, it somehow strangely became a form of escapism for me since while it is mandatory for me to do, it also gives me an escape from reality, funny how even your least favorite thing can bring you joy in ways that you wouldn't think. Weirdly enough as well, biology also became a form of escapism for me.

Here is one final point I need to make because I saw this very recently and it just grinds my gears that it's mostly unopposed, the fact that for whatever dumb reason, we can't enjoy a piece of entertainment for the sake of enjoying it. This is the part where I feel like many don't understand me and that's fine, but just let people forget about any bad things they are going through while using that entertainment and let them become lost in the fictional world. Is that really so much to ask? Let people be immersed in the world of what they are currently seeing when they want to be immersed.

This is all for now, if I see anything else that I feel like I need to mention here, I'll add to this blog. But as for right now, I'm going to look for ways to make myself feel better and look for more ways to immerse myself into whatever fictional world I choose to immerse in. Maybe I'll even create very short stories out of them if I feel like it.

EDIT: This is a Closed Blog because I just simply made this to vent out all I wanted to vent out without being nagged at. But I know that in time, I'm going to start enjoying things without thinking too deep into them, only deep enough for them to be enjoyable for the sake of them being enjoyable.

Last edited:
So... update on my current situation, having a dream and a nightmare completely unrelated to the situation I experienced yesterday somehow made me feel loads better. Heh, even dreams can ironically be some form of escapism if your mind feels like it. Anyway, as I have said before, if anything comes up that gets me down again and I know no one will be supportive, I'll add to this blog to vent it out. Despite sleeping at 1 AM, I feel very refreshed. Don't take your least favorite stuff for granted because one day, they might be the very answer that you're looking for.

I'm a bit nervous, my history final is coming up and matching questions are such pains in the neck since they can take up entire pages digitally and there are 30 of them, which I find a bit ridiculous, I can see 10, maybe 20 but 30? That's going way too far in my opinion. I know it's a final, but I have to say, it's unnatural to have this many 1 point questions on a history final.

Well, the possibility of a general Nintendo Direct being pushed back scares me because I'm going into summer break soon and I would've hoped to see what unrevealed games that Nintendo is planning to release this year. Oh well, at least I still have games to do 100% completion runs on.

You know what really grinds my gears? It's the fact that people aren't wearing masks when going out in public. Like, hello? Did you forget that there is still a freaking widespread virus going on? Just because stuff started to open up doesn't mean it's all over, you know.

Whoopdedoo, I'm going to enter yet another stressful college semester soon. When will this nightmare ever end?

Recently, I have been experiencing a string of unfortunate events (not really events but you get what I mean), I feel like I'm not in control over my life anymore, everything I knew and grew to love seems to be fading away by change (and I mean, really bad change) and honestly, I just feel like no one understands what I'm feeling right now. It's one of those times where I feel the walls around me move inward, like feeling trapped and not being able to do anything about it.

Update on the whole situation, it wasn't completely solved, but I now feel like I have more control over my life, so I don't feel cramped when I know there are things that I need to do.

Well, I didn't think I was going to use this thread again for my college-related woes, but here we are. So you know what is the worst combination possible? Well, I'll just tell you: A syllabus that's insanely long (61 freaking pages in total), not giving the students some sort of direction of what to study for the big test (the least that could have been done was giving a study guide) and the fact that with nothing for guidance, you end up wasting your time making useless notes that gives you hand cramps by the end of the day.

And you know what's the best part is? It's clearly flawed because none of my classmates don't even manage to get into the passing grades. I usually get some of the best grades and I'm still in the high 50s when it comes to class average while the others either get about the same or even less grades than I get. So yeah, the system is flawed when no one can legitimately get to the 70s, 80s, or 90s. I'm just considering dropping this one if all it's going to be is wasted time.

Didn't think I would talk about a toxic fanbase in one of my blogs, but I guess it was inevitable considering how freaking childish it was reacting.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the Melee fanbase. It seems like the game is treated like the holy grail by them. However, this is not what I'm going to talk about this time, what I'm really going to talk about is how childish they acted toward Nintendo for shutting down their tournament because the game was modded. Like how about be reasonable with Nintendo's decision and ask why the tournament was shut down before considering a shutdown for a tournament apparently being the end of the world?

First of all, when you play any video-game, you have to play by that company's rules. That doesn't mean competitive play is discouraged as competitive plays can happen within the rules. Look at Pokemon's VGC for example, or the fan-hosted Smogon. They are still standing because they follow the guidelines set by Nintendo.

Secondly, it's not the end of the world if a tournament gets canceled. Worse things happened this year, just be thankful the tournament cancelation didn't result in any of them.

Finally, only one or maybe two people from Nintendo see your tweets and neither of them is Doug Bowser.

The worst part is, the toxic Melee fanbase roped the Splatoon fanbase into this mess. This honestly sucks because Splatoon 2 is one of my favorite Switch games despite its flawed matchmaking system and while I do find some parts of the Splatoon fandom to be toxic and promote wrong behavior, the rest of the fandom itself is generally nice. The reason why Nintendo removed Splatoon competitive teams with names relating to Melee is to prevent further outrage, which the Melee fanbase would rather have that happen instead.

I couldn't care less about Melee players bashing Ultimate or anything like that (unless they go too far), but when they promote harassment like this is where I draw the line.

Now before someone says something like "You're such a Nintendo fanboy/drone", just don't because I don't defend them on every single thing, I know Nintendo has done some anti-consumer things in the past and I equally find that kind of practice childish as well. But a tournament getting canceled isn't the end of the world, things that are so much worse than that happened this same year.

So please do a favor for fellow fans and players as well as me and don't promote harassment on anyone whether big or small, whether it's a company or an individual, whether they are majority or minority. If you don't do that favor for me, then at least do it for fellow players and fans. The thing that we never needed or wanted in 2020 is more toxicity.

I think this is about it on what I have to say on the matter. Let's all try to end 2020 early and focus on what we can do better in 2021.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble being motivated to do anything in general right now. I will try to fix that as soon as possible since I have big plans for 2021, namely to try online dating with a girl living relatively close to where I live.

But first things first is to fix my motivation problem before doing anything else in general, or else said things will feel like a chore to do.

Oh hey, I found out this exists, so I guess I should use it for its intended purpose as an update of sorts.

So, lately, I have been feeling so lonely despite having family around me, and the feeling that the world and life hate you is one of the worst feelings to ever have. This combined with the fact that I'm not part of any of the groups that tend to get a lot more positive attention, especially during certain months only made me feel even more lonely in the world.

I have been mentioning that I have wanted to try online dating, but way too much in my personal life got in the way of that. I will do it, I need to do it because I feel like it's the only way the feeling of loneliness would go away, someone who would give me hugs when I need the most.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom