• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

My World Coronation Master Class Predictions

feelithard23

Reaction score
This is my predictions of the battle format, locations, members and etc for the Masters Eight.

Battle Format: The battle format will start out as 1v1 and then gradually shift to 6v6 by Leon. The first two battles will likely be 1v1, third battle 2v2, fourth battle 3v3, fifth battle 4v4, sixth battle 5v5, and seventh/final battle 6v6

Location: The battles will likely all take place in Galar at different stadiums, so Dynamax and Gigantamax can be used.

Members: My Predictions for the members going in order from first rank to last rank:

1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Steven
  4. Diantha
  5. Cynthia
  6. Caitlyn
  7. Raihan
  8. Ash
Alain, Bea, and Iris don’t seem fitting for the Master Class to me they seem more like Ultra/Hyper Class tier. I was going to add Mustard but i decided Caitlyn was better since i wanted to add at 3 girl members at least.

I predict that members of this class will be able to pick and request a battle and Gym Guides will replace Drone Rotom for referees (if the battles Leon has had with Lance and Raihan are anything to go by with Dan judging the battles instead of Drone Rotom).

This is my predictions of the battle format, locations, members and etc for the Masters Eight.

Battle Format: The battle format will start out as 1v1 and then gradually shift to 6v6 by Leon. The first two battles will likely be 1v1, third battle 2v2, fourth battle 3v3, fifth battle 4v4, sixth battle 5v5, and seventh/final battle 6v6

Location: The battles will likely all take place in Galar at different stadiums, so Dynamax and Gigantamax can be used.

Members: My Predictions for the members going in order from first rank to last rank:

1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Steven
  4. Diantha
  5. Cynthia
  6. Caitlyn
  7. Raihan
  8. Ash
Alain, Bea, and Iris don’t seem fitting for the Master Class to me they seem more like Ultra/Hyper Class tier. I was going to add Mustard but i decided Caitlyn was better since i wanted to add at 3 girl members at least.

I predict that members of this class will be able to pick and request a battle and Gym Guides will replace Drone Rotom for referees (if the battles Leon has had with Lance and Raihan are anything to go by with Dan judging the battles instead of Drone Rotom).
We still don't know who the current world no. 8 is. Who do you think it is?

Ash will be 8 once he ranks up ofc at first. so this is more of future predictions not current also at least it’s not spoilers

That's assuming Ash will be battling each of the Masters Eight members one by one instead of the tournament being a single-elimination format like what the League Conferences in previous seasons have done.

1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Steven
  4. Diantha
  5. Cynthia
  6. Caitlyn
  7. Raihan
  8. Ash

Ummm... Piers? Kabu?

Especially Piers needs to be Masters 8, considering its hinted at he is the actual strongest trainer in Galar in the games, since he nearly have Raihan a run for his money without using Dynamax.

i find Paulto be a better fit than Iris, i got Steven and Diantha being in the Master Class from the WMG Page of Pokemon Journeys from TV Tropes.

Plus for my Pokemon and Incredibles(made by disney and pixar) crossover fanfiction list is

1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Steven Stone
  4. Diantha
  5. Cynthia
  6. Evelyn Deavor
  7. Raihan
  8. Ash Ketchum (when he ranks up ofc)
Evelyn Deavor is a villain from Incredibles 2 (i totally just spoiled that)

1. Leon
  2. Lance
  3. Steven
  4. Diantha
  5. Cynthia
  6. Caitlyn
  7. Raihan
  8. Ash
My gut says Cynthia should be higher than 5 but the identities of Ash's remaining opponents do make sense. I have to congratulate you on Caitlyn, I hadn't thought of her at first but she did seem more "on par" with Cynthia when they battled than most of Cynthia's own E4 did.

Makes me wonder where Brandon and Palmer might rank in the World Coronation though. Frontier Brains got a lot of hype for their power back in the day, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of any brain from Kanto or Sinnoh yet. I'd believe it if they're too busy but confirmation on what they're up to would be cool.

We know Leon is number 1, Lance is number 2 and Raihan is number 7. Additionally we know Cynthia is in the Master Class, but her rank has not yet been revealed, my guess is that she is Number 4 because it corresponds with her generation. Her rank will probably be revealed in the upcoming return episode. So here is my rankings without Ash.

1. Leon
2. Lance
3. Kabu
4. Cynthia
5. Piers
6. Nessa
7. Raihan
8. Ash or Mustard(depending on if Ash gets into the Masters 8 with the upcoming Bea match)

A while back I did some WMG on the topic. This is from a while back, so before Iris battle.

The top eight trainers in the World Coronation Series so far only have the first, second, and seventh-ranked trainers identified (as of 3/9/21): Leon, Lance, and Raihan. Possible identities for the others include the other Champions.

In fact, a somewhat 'cheap' listing could be listing them in generation order as the first and seventh gens have 'the player/rival' as the champion, thus making it

1: Leon2: Lance3: Steven4: Cynthia5: Alder6: Diantha7: Raihan8: ?

(Due to their statuses Gary and Iris probably do not fit in the list)

While fans will fiercely debate how right or wrong Steven ranking above Cynthia is it, of course, not the only way to list them. It's just the laziest way to make a theme out of it.

The position of eighth could easily be another Galarian character, possibly Piers given how close he was in skill to Raihan in-game and maximizing the current-gen advertisement. Wallace as a Contest-Champion who was implied to have lost the title to Steven could also be a candidate.

A Frontier Brain like Palmer, Brandon, or Anabel could also work.

The fact that Melony has never lost a battle against Raihan and he's in the Masters's Eight, she could be a candidate.

Since then we can probably discount Alder.

There is something else to consider: Raihan and Cynthia are implied to have joined the WCS this year. They aren't from last year like Leon and Lance. That means Ash could run into a former Masters Eight trainer or two on the way to the M8.

(Perhaps that is Kabu)

Also if Ash does enter the Masters Eight, he has to bump someone out. If it isn't Raihan...

Why is it masters 8 anyway? Shouldn't be masters 9? Just have Leon be the last person the winner fights, that way the last battle would be more like Ash fighting Kukui. Make it 6 Vs. 6 too.

I really don't understand the limitations of 3 Vs. 3 either. To get into Masters 8, you're implied to have won some leagues already and since most league battles end up as 6 Vs. 6 by the quarter finals, why limit to 3 Vs. 3 in the first place?

Why is it masters 8 anyway? Shouldn't be masters 9? Just have Leon be the last person the winner fights, that way the last battle would be more like Ash fighting Kukui. Make it 6 Vs. 6 too.

I really don't understand the limitations of 3 Vs. 3 either. To get into Masters 8, you're implied to have won some leagues already and since most league battles end up as 6 Vs. 6 by the quarter finals, why limit to 3 Vs. 3 in the first place?
When did that imply that you have to win some Leagues already to get to the Master 8?

When did that imply that you have to win some Leagues already to get to the Master 8?
I mean you have to be a very strong trainer to be a champion and one of the best ways to get strong is to fight in leagues.

Why is it masters 8 anyway? Shouldn't be masters 9? Just have Leon be the last person the winner fights, that way the last battle would be more like Ash fighting Kukui.
The Masters 8 isn't just a tournament that happens at the end of each World Coronation season. As with the other lower classes, it's also a dynamically changing tier where competitors can rise or fall in rank by battling each other. The tournament only happens at the end of the season, so until then, members of the Masters 8 most likely have to defend their position so that they don't fall into Hyper Class and be replaced by someone from there.

Locking Leon into at least Top 2 by making him a special challenger that the winner automatically faces would make things significantly easier and boring for him. Just like how Kukui wasn't an actual participant in the Alola League, Leon wouldn't be able to actually participate in the World Coronation series since he'd just be sitting there, waiting for the winner to be decided at the end of the season. That also means Leon would have absolutely no need to defend his position throughout the entire season, since he'd have no risk of falling into the lower tiers prior to the end-of-season tournament.

Unlike Kukui, who was basically the prize for the winner of the Alola League, Leon is an actual competitor in the World Coronation series, just like everyone else who's competing in it. Leon's position as the Monarch has carried over from the previous season, but that seems to be the only special treatment he has received. Just like everyone else, Leon most likely has to actively battle to maintain his position in his class, as can be seen when Raihan challenged him in one of the earlier episodes.

Piers and kabu seem unlikely they both seem Ultra Class Tier same for Milo and Nessa if they appear

The Masters 8 isn't just a tournament that happens at the end of each World Coronation season. As with the other lower classes, it's also a dynamically changing tier where competitors can rise or fall in rank by battling each other. The tournament only happens at the end of the season, so until then, members of the Masters 8 most likely have to defend their position so that they don't fall into Hyper Class and be replaced by someone from there.

Locking Leon into at least Top 2 by making him a special challenger that the winner automatically faces would make things significantly easier and boring for him. Just like how Kukui wasn't an actual participant in the Alola League, Leon wouldn't be able to actually participate in the World Coronation series since he'd just be sitting there, waiting for the winner to be decided at the end of the season. That also means Leon would have absolutely no need to defend his position throughout the entire season, since he'd have no risk of falling into the lower tiers prior to the end-of-season tournament.

Unlike Kukui, who was basically the prize for the winner of the Alola League, Leon is an actual competitor in the World Coronation series, just like everyone else who's competing in it. Leon's position as the Monarch has carried over from the previous season, but that seems to be the only special treatment he has received. Just like everyone else, Leon most likely has to actively battle to maintain his position in his class, as can be seen when Raihan challenged him in one of the earlier episodes.
I get that, but 8 is a weird number. Why not the top 9 or 10 trainers?
Additionally, the whole coronation would feel hollow if Leon lost and dropped to 9 just before it started.

You also didn't talk about my other problem with the coronation and it's how it's all 3 Vs. 3. I only said Leon should be fought last so we get ONE 6 Vs. 6 match instead of them all feeling more like qualifying rounds for leagues. Alola's league at least ENDED with a full battle...

9 and 10 wouldn't work for an elimination style tournament.

Additionally, the whole coronation would feel hollow if Leon lost and dropped to 9 just before it started.
That's a risk in sporting events. Winner of the previous season might not make it next season.

As Daren mentioned, 8 trainers is the perfect number for a single-elimination tournament with 3 rounds (quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals). A tournament larger than that would need at least 16 trainers to fit in an additional round before the quarterfinals.
That doesn't mean he deserves a free ride to the finals without having to put in any effort at all. If Leon drops completely out of Master Class, that means he either didn't try hard enough, or there's genuinely at least 8 trainers stronger than him, which would probably make the Masters 8 tournament more exciting.
You also didn't talk about my other problem with the coronation and it's how it's all 3 Vs. 3.
There's no confirmation that the Masters 8 tournament battles will be at most 3v3s, so I don't know why you're jumping to conclusions. Leon vs Lance was only a 1v1 because the writers didn't want to throw a full 6v6 battle at us so early on into the series. However, the battles have been getting progressively larger as we move up the tiers, with 3v3s being introduced in Hyper Class. Following this trend, it's likely that we'll start to see 6v6s in Master Class, just like how most league battles end up as 6v6s by the quarterfinals (as you've said).

I think it would be cool if they had the Master Class be the champion of each region.

Lance for Kanto
Ritchie, Jackson or Silver for Johto
Steven for Hoenn
Cynthia for Sinnoh
Iris for Unova
Diantha or Alain for Kalos
Ash for Alola
Leon for Galar

They used Raihan so little that I couldn't care less about him anymore, tbh.

It'll be interesting if Paul managed to return to the franchise and was also in the Masters Eight. Maybe even reveal he defeated a region's champion (Steven or Diantha) and took their place not unlike Ash becoming Alola's Champion.

I'd like to see Brandon as well, guy stood pretty undefeated with his Regi team and even his newly caught (at the time of AG) Regice proved to be quite the beast capable of sweeping a lot of Pokemon with ease

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom