• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

I never understood why people wanted a Mewthree. Perhaps I need a better explanation of their reasoning, as I don't know how they proposed it would happen. As for Mew being cloned again, the connection was stated as being to Mewtwo, but then again, by proxy, that would somewhat imply a connection to Mew. Regardless, Mewtwo was the only experiment stated in the original games. Are they going to introduce a room that we somehow missed describing that there was another experiment? Otherwise, there is no way they would've attempted to make Mewtwo AGAIN. It is possible for someone else to have attempted it not knowing about the original experimment, but I remind people that the context must fit things as we know them now in order for it to appear in the movie. In the games, TR was never behind Mewtwo, but yet in the anime they were. I realize the complication this creates, not to mention the other deviations the anime has taken. Regardless, that Mewtwo was an enhanced clone of Mew is present in both. Whatever relation this thing possesses must also be present in both. I know we have proposed such things for other instances, but I do not think they would recast TR in whatever role a new evil team would have in the new region. Not to mention I don't think Gio would attempt to clone Mew again, either. I just don't think it is possible for this to be a separate creature, no matter how you look at it. The marketing does not add up.

Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

Dear sweet Arceus... O_O

I'm not here to contemn the Designer who design this suspected-to-be-Mewtwo-new-form-like Pokemon, but really, when the time I saw it immediately for the first time, I just feel like it is a copy-paste or duplicate of some existing character from the design-wise viewpoint.

Just unable to remember it right now, but it really reminds me one alien-like character from a fiction I'd seen before (it was not anime).......

Those of us who've been around since GenI have always suspected the possibility of a Mewthree, but it was speculated so much that it seems too silly for it to be actually real. It's the equivalent of them actually putting a Mew under a truck in a future game.

Obtaining Mewthree in XY is almost certainly gonna have something to do with the event Mewtwo from the movie.

Of course, it might not even be called Mewthree. Some have suggested MewZ. This sounds ok to me because I'm a brit and read it as "Mew Zed", but the english name will be made for Americans who'd read it as "Mew Zee". "Mew Zee" is a name that sounds way too cute for a new Mewtwo forme/relative/thing.

What was the whole "watergate" thing that Archaic was talking about in the podcast???
iirc, Wottergate was when the evolutions for the Unova starters were mysteriously leaked and everyone was yoyo-ing between them being real and fake.

Those of us who've been around since GenI have always suspected the possibility of a Mewthree, but it was speculated so much that it seems too silly for it to be actually real. It's the equivalent of them actually putting a Mew under a truck in a future game.

Obtaining Mewthree in XY is almost certainly gonna have something to do with the event Mewtwo from the movie.

Of course, it might not even be called Mewthree. Some have suggested MewZ. This sounds ok to me because I'm a brit and read it as "Mew Zed", but the english name will be made for Americans who'd read it as "Mew Zee". "Mew Zee" is a name that sounds way too cute for a new Mewtwo forme/relative/thing.

What was the whole "watergate" thing that Archaic was talking about in the podcast???
iirc, Wottergate was when the evolutions for the Unova starters were mysteriously leaked and everyone was yoyo-ing between them being real and fake.

They weren't yoyo-ing. People had decided they were fake using "forensic evidence", however I got word from one of my contacts that they were legit and posted as such. Hilarity ensued
tumblr_l8gaqp35PA1qd67ve.png

I remember that, there was some site used to identity "photoshops" that everyone, even Archaic himself, were using to call fake on the pictures and even the CoroCoro scan with them when it first came out, despite it coming out at the same time around authentic leaks and having the same design and layout. People literally thought that someone quickly edited the real scans within minutes to create fake ones confirming the Starter Evolutions.

I like it!

New form? Maybe, new pokémon? maybe

I don't really care, I love it anyway, although I wanted more news...

Haters gonna hate. But this hideous creepy creature deserves to be hated, seriously.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before...

But what if the English name for this Pokemon is "Mewtant", meaning it's a mutation of either Mew or Mewtwo's genetic code?

Don't know if someone's already posted this, but time for a little math.

Bag_DNA_Splicers_Sprite.png
+
Spr_4h_150.png
+
Spr_4h_151.png
=
img4_3.jpg
?

Just wanna flag up that I am just throwing out ideas here. I have literally just come up with it.

But what if the English name for this Pokemon is "Mewtant", meaning it's a mutation of either Mew or Mewtwo's genetic code?

See, if this is a new Pokémon rounding out the Mew trio, I'd love it to be called Mewtant. Perfect name. But if it is a new Mewtwo forme, it'll just be named Mewtwo, obviously. Lol I'm really hoping it's another clone and not a forme.

See, if this is a new Pokémon rounding out the Mew trio, I'd love it to be called Mewtant. Perfect name. But if it is a new Mewtwo forme, it'll just be named Mewtwo, obviously. Lol I'm really hoping it's another clone and not a forme.

Actually, after checking out the Bulbapedia pages... The Japanese names are the same as the English ones for Mew and Mewtwo, meaning that it's a viable direction for them to go down.
Maybe they came up with the name, then the concept to match?

What I don't understand is if this Pokemon is just a new form, then why not just tell us so? They didn't give a name or a type. If it's just a form change, then why go through all of the bullshit of keeping the name and type?

Actually, after checking out the Bulbapedia pages... The Japanese names are the same as the English ones for Mew and Mewtwo, meaning that it's a viable direction for them to go down.
Maybe they came up with the name, then the concept to match?

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, though. Pokemon doesn't change most legendaries' names internationally. Only 9 of the 47 have had their names changed (the Gen 1 birds, the Gen 4 Lake Guardians, and the Gen 5 Kami trio) But I really hope they go in this direction.

Don't know if someone's already posted this, but time for a little math.

Bag_DNA_Splicers_Sprite.png
+
Spr_4h_150.png
+
Spr_4h_151.png
=
img4_3.jpg
?

Just wanna flag up that I am just throwing out ideas here. I have literally just come up with it.

I would love it if Pokemon did this again, but I don't think they should. If they start fusing all the legendaries left and right, it could become eerily similar to Yu-Gi-Oh!, which I loved, but Yu-Gi-Oh!'s died out for a reason.

Hmm...I'm actually not really sure what to think about this new pokemon. It looks kinda cool, I guess. It just...If it's another form of Mewtwo, then it doesn't look good at all. Like some other people have said, it looks too...cutesy. (I like strange and tough looking Pokemon, like the original Mewtwo.)
Hopefully it's a new Pokemon to go with the mew duo. I love Mewtwo too much for it to be changed like this. Mewtwo is my only favorite of the Mew duo and for this to be a new form of it to be official will disappoint me greatly.
So if it's a new form of Mewtwo...I will be disappointed and not like it.
If it's a new pokemon to join the mew duo...Then I will be alright.
I just hope it's a new pokemon. =/

but Yu-Gi-Oh!'s died out for a reason.

Yu-Gi-Oh's not dead. Its newest series is currently airing and it's actually very good, if I do say so myself. Not quite as awesome as the original or 5D's were, but it's still really cool.

Anyway, I'd be more fine with this if this Pokemon was a different species all together instead of a Mewtwo form. I also really like the idea of the name Mewtant.

but Yu-Gi-Oh!'s died out for a reason.

Yu-Gi-Oh's not dead. Its newest series is currently airing and it's actually very good, if I do say so myself. Not quite as awesome as the original or 5D's were, but it's still really cool.

Anyway, I'd be more fine with this if this Pokemon was a different species all together instead of a Mewtwo form. I also really like the idea of the name Mewtant.

It is? I haven't seen Yu-Gi-Oh! cards on sale at Walmart or Kmart or even the mall, so I just assumed they stopped it. I'm happy it's still around. But no series will ever beat the original. lol all the others since HAVE been good IMO, though.

It is? I haven't seen Yu-Gi-Oh! cards on sale at Walmart or Kmart or even the mall, so I just assumed they stopped it. I'm happy it's still around. But no series will ever beat the original. lol all the others since HAVE been good IMO, though.

Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal is the newest series. And that's weird, I see Yu-Gi-Oh cards all the time at my local Walmart and Target.

This new Pokemon didn't make me think of Yu-Gi-Oh at all though. xP

Now, I'm holding hope for Deoxys to be somewhat involved in this. Maybe introduce the space virus that created it as a key item (bottled or contained, of course) that does something to this new Pokémon, and to Deoxys as well. Like Genesect, he is a throwback to Mewtwo, and both were introduced in Generations that were "semi-reboots" to the Pokémon Video Game Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom