• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

It is? I haven't seen Yu-Gi-Oh! cards on sale at Walmart or Kmart or even the mall, so I just assumed they stopped it. I'm happy it's still around. But no series will ever beat the original. lol all the others since HAVE been good IMO, though.

Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal is the newest series. And that's weird, I see Yu-Gi-Oh cards all the time at my local Walmart and Target.

This new Pokemon didn't make me think of Yu-Gi-Oh at all though. xP

I only brought up Yu-Gi-Oh because the gene splicer causes a fusion between two of the tao dragons, and fusion is a major thing in Yu-Gi-Oh, so it reminded me of that. But like I said, I hope Mewtant isn't a "fusion" of Mew and Mewtwo. Then that would open up fusion possibilities for ALL legendaries and wouldn't make it special. I hope it's another clone. I really do.

Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

Haters gonna hate. But this hideous creepy creature deserves to be hated, seriously.

Then prepare for a Pokemon that's gonna hate humanity...just like how Mewtwo did ages ago.

Haters gonna hate. But this hideous creepy creature deserves to be hated, seriously.

Then prepare for a Pokemon that's gonna hate humanity...just like how Mewtwo did ages ago.

Exactly. Hate always brings forth more hate. And I think it's nice looking. It looks like it's really fast and might have high Specials.

In my ideal world this is a unique legendary other clone like mewtwo but a 580stat one. Also ideally it would be female and only able to breed with mewtwo and create more eggs of its only type.

Oh and Latios and Latius would be able to breed together too.

And while I'll at it a 2nd alternate shiny form for every pokemon.

K I'm done...

You know, the whole "failed experiment" vs "successful experiment" thing.

That seems likely. Mewtwo would probably be the "failed" one (anything that destroys the lab is not a success), but my question is, who could make a successful one? The scientists who worked on it are presumably dead, so how many in TR would have access to their data?

As another idea, it could be something like Phione.

All this speculation is cool and all, but I can tell you one thing;

Mew will be upset with all the clones/forms/whatever of it being tossed around.

Re: New Mewtwo form announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed to

I actually like it. It looks good, but I understand why people don't like it when they touch classics.

So mysterious...unlike you guys, I actually like this new Pokemon, whatever it is. I sure am interested in it.

+ this.

What ever peoples beliefs on this "Mewthree" it isn't going to change the fact that people willl flock to the high streets and buy Pokemon X and Y.
Plus the guy looks pretty cool. Although i'm interested in hearing the background behind the birth of this pokemon.
If anyone finds the origin of "Mewthree", could you either PM me or quote my post.

I didn't like it when I first saw it on Twitter, probably because the art was bad, but now that I've seen the video, I think the Pokemon looks good. I like the thing on its head and it reminds me of thing the Zoras in LoZ have.

So, the legendary Mewthree has come at last. I wonder where GameFreak is going with this one. Maybe this particular 'mon was made by the TROLLFREAK portion. still, all the moves I've seen it using are relatively mediocre. energy ball, shadow ball, psyshock, icy wind, something that i think is psywave, and something unidentifiable (Hyper beam perhaps?) still. i can't say on whether i like it or not.

I have two guesses as to what will happen with this new MewX. Either Mewtwo created it be his genetically superior offspring or it was cloned from Mewtwo by another organization like Rocket; either way I feel it's just going to be a clone of a clone. Ever since I was a kid Mewtwo has always just looked... incomplete to me, like a failed experiment that broke loose. Where as this new one looks more like a successful cloning experiment.
You know, I like that idea.

Gamewise, I'd like to see this an an in-game event triggered by having the movie Mewtwo in your party. With said Mewtwo with you, you go to a lab and rescue this Pokemon in order to spare it possible misuse and abuse at the hands of humans. Mewtwo is trying to repent for past sins and sees that you--the PC--have a kind heart and can set this clone on the right path, giving it the chance that Mewtwo never had.

Don't mind me; I'm just think aloud here.
But lawd... that head handlebar... that will only make the hentai easier, amirite guys?
Don't give 'em any ideas. I'm still trying to recover from the fact that I inadvertently stumbled across Golett pr0n last week. What has been seen... :bawl:
Also, just a reality check for those saying they're "disappointed" with GameFreak or that they're "ruining" your old favourite, quit acting like GameFreak or Nintendo OWE you something. Just because you've played a lot of their games since the beginning that doesn't really mean they have to cater designs around you.
This.

I'm a Transformer collector and there are tons of older fans who honestly think that Hasbro should bow down to them and create the Transformers that they want since "collectors are the biggest segment of the fandom". I assure you, that ain't the case: Hasbro is creating toys for kids, as that's the biggest market. Same thing here with Pokemon: GF will be creating new formes/Pokemon for kids, who are the biggest base for the games.

That said, GF may not be above giving a nod to the older fans--Primus knows that Hasbro's done it enough. And I myself don't expect GF to owe me a blasted thing; if anything, I kinda owe them on this count. (That's why I bought HarmoKnight as soon as I could. It was my way of thanking James Turner for Golett and Golurk.)

As for the Mew(?):

I actually like it. It looks kinda cute badass to me; I just wish I knew its name. C'mon, Nintendo! I'm fine with not knowing the type but can't we at least get the name? I really don't want to call this little guy by some fanon name; I was over that two years ago!

What...have they done...to my favorite Pokemon....:conangry:

EDIT

Ok, now that I've had a second to reflect...

I really can't pass judgment on this new Pokemon without knowing the story behind it. The mystique around Mewtwo (in the original Red and Blue) and the depth of his character (in the movie) were what drew me to him 15 or so years ago, so I guess I'll wait and see what Mew-whatever has to offer.

Last edited:

I find this 'Mewthree" really ugly, I mean, look at that disproportionate head, its big as the rest of its body! The "tail" on its head reminds me of Manaphy for some reason and its fingers remind of of the Reuniclus.

To be honest, I like it.

First of all, it looks badass in the trailer, so it's already on my good side.

Secondly, I think it looks cool...a bit strange...but it's a Pokemon, it's not supposed to look "normal".

Thirdly, while I originally didn't like the idea because I'm generally getting tired of the whole "legendary formes" thing (after Sinnoh, this is getting ridiculous), Mewtwo is the one legendary who actually makes sense to have another forme. It was born from genetic research and cloning; it shouldn't be too weird for him to have some sort of related species or another forme. Not that I think he particularly needed one, but it does make perfect sense.

The more I look at Mewkidontheblock (a bit long, but punny) and Mewtwo side-by-side, the more I think that Mewkidontheblock is a clone of either Mew or Mewtwo, i.e. "Mewthree", and not a new form for Mewtwo. I think it looks as different from Mewtwo as Mewtwo does from Mew. It also kind of looks feminine; maybe MewKOTB and Mewtwo could have a small chance of producing a Mew egg in the Daycare. It makes sense- there were probably many Mew back when they were the only Pokemon around, and two Mew clones finally producing more Mew after thousands of years has a nice poetic feel to it.

Man, a lot of that paragraph is the word "Mew". EDIT: A full 10%. Thanks, Microsoft Word!

In my ideal world this is a unique legendary other clone like mewtwo but a 580stat one. Also ideally it would be female and only able to breed with mewtwo and create more eggs of its only type.
Mewtwo isn't even male, though.

It looks smaller than Mewtwo, so I thought maybe it could be his son or something.

Re: New Mewtwo form announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed to

We need to know it's name!

EXACTLY! We need to know the name, what's the point of hiding the name, the moment they tell the name, the whole world knows! What's the point?? =[ :/

We need to know it's name!

EXACTLY! We need to know the name, what's the point of hiding the name, the moment they tell the name, the whole world knows! What's the point?? =[ :/

You answered your own question:

the moment they tell the name, the whole world knows!

If you look at the website, they're clearly trying to make us speculate....not like we needed that prompt.

i think its highly unlikely that it is a new form of mewtwo since it uses a wide variety of attack types unlike mewtwo it can do grass type and fire type moves in my opinion this new mewtwo resembling pokemon may share this attribute with mew maybe it will be able to learn every tm like mew so this might be an improvement on mewtwo (in the pokemon movie pokemon mewtwo returns there is a mention of mewthree) not saying this is mewthree just making assumptions like the rest of you but im excited to see there is new news about the most powerful pokemon lol because why will they make a role of such importance fade away but i have been following the pokemon series since it first came out and this new mew and mewtwo may be what mewtwo was to us older more experienced pokemon fans to new trainers or it will be a big disappointing gimmick lol we'll just have to wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom