• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed

Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed to be a ...

Last week, GameFreak Director Junichi Masuda appeared in a special preview at the end of Pokémon Smash, confirming that he will be appearing in the next episode to reveal new information about the upcoming Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Nintendo 3DS pair. After a week of anticipation, the episode has finally aired!

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:

...I am at a loss for words. I was hoping to see some new Pokemon or the evolved forms of the starters. Not this trash. I know Mewtwo is popular and fits with the whole genetics theme, but he's over a decade old and should've been left as he is. He's an ugly and boring Pokemon anyway, imo. I don't like this new form any better than the normal one either.

GameFreak, I am very disappointed in you. I've lost a little interest in these games now. Doesn't mean I won't get them, but still.

Re: New Mewtwo form announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed to

It's not a new Mewtwo form though if the title of this video is any indication.

Re: New Mewtwo form announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed to

We need to know it's name!

His new form just looks too cutesy for me. Like they were trying to appeal to the cuteness birgade portion of the fans. I can understand giving him a new form. He is one of the more complex characters out there and with his genetics he would likely evolve further but ehh. Now if he is another attempt at cloning well that just steams of a tried and tired plot. I want more information about just what this thing is, evolution or new pokemon.

I just can't stand the cutesy factor they applied to him.

I have a lot of mixed thoughts after watching the stream.

I'm actually kind of disappointed. Part of it being because I had believed so strongly that the earlier leak was fake, only to be proven wrong. I'm also still not happy that apparently Mewtwo is getting some sort of new Pokemon or form in connection to it, when it really did not needed one at all. I'm tired of Mewtwo, and seeing this was disappointing.

For the very least though, I do kind of hope that this is a new specie rather than a form, as that would make me feel a little better. Some friends I know are suggesting the name 'MewZ', which I prefer over the ever popular 'Mewthree' ugh...

I'm sorry, but that thing is absolutely hideous (and no, I'm not one of those people who think all new pokemon are ugly, I like all of the previously revealed ones).

Also, I REALLY wish GameFreak would give the whole "adding new forms to every pokemon" a rest. It was cool with Deoxys, but now it is so common that it is just a dumb gimmick.

well it's not the prettiest thing ever but i don't think it's all that bad. yea, a new mewtwo form is superfluous, but i guess we're just going to have to deal with it. i'm more interested in what will distinguish this mewtwo from the regular one: immediately after seeing this for the first time [and mumbling a 'what the fuck?'], i wondered how this could hold some form of competitive merit over mewtwo. lugia, i think, does defense better [forgive me if i'm wrong, i don't play ubers] and unless this thing turns out to be physical (which i highly doubt), i'm not sure what could possibly set this form apart from the regular mewtwo. would it just be a new forme added mostly for flavor, à la resolute form keldeo? i guess we'll have to wait and see.

p.s: did anyone see cloyster in the trailer? it looks pretty good imo. time has treated you well, ol' boy.

e: according to the video, it's 'a new pokemon with a familiar face.' i guess it isn't a new form then? i mean, it seems pretty surprising to me that it wouldn't be a form of mewtwo, but remember the alamo[mola]. it was never explicitly stated to be a new form so i suppose it's not ~officially~ a new form.

Last edited:

It's a new species, not a new Forme. Heck we don't even know its name.

Just as long as it's not called Mewthree I'll be happy.

Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

Wait, was the press email made specifically for Bulbagarden?

"One thing is clear, your readers will certainly want to debate the meaning of this new Pokémon!"

When they say "your readers", do they they mean the members of Bulbagarden?

Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

Then there will be a Mewtwo event of some kind in XY. Adding more fuel to my theory on the game's plot. I look forward to this!

So mysterious...unlike you guys, I actually like this new Pokemon, whatever it is. I sure am interested in it.

Here's my thoughts on it.
Several days ago when I first saw the poster with the new form I instantly complained. I thought "WTF A NEW MEWTWO FORM WHY ARE THEY GIVING MEWTWO A NEW FORM! IT DON'T NEED ONE! THEY SHOULDN'T SCREW WITH THE ORIGINAL. " I was hoping it wasn't real. And now that is is real I'm just indifferent. The official art definitely makes it a bit cooler looking. If it ends up not being a form and just a new Pokemon related to Mewtwo (possibly Mewthree?) then I might be alright with it. IDK it might grow on me. I just have mixed feelings on it either.

Wait, was the press email made specifically for Bulbagarden?

"One thing is clear, your readers will certainly want to debate the meaning of this new Pokémon!"

When they say "your readers", do they they mean the members of Bulbagarden?
No, it was a press email sent out to various sources, like gaming websites and such.

Yes,it said it was SPECULATED to be a nnew form of mewtwo

I have two guesses as to what will happen with this new MewX. Either Mewtwo created it be his genetically superior offspring or it was cloned from Mewtwo by another organization like Rocket; either way I feel it's just going to be a clone of a clone. Ever since I was a kid Mewtwo has always just looked... incomplete to me, like a failed experiment that broke loose. Where as this new one looks more like a successful cloning experiment.

You're not fooling anyone, Gamefreak. You've pulled this junk before and we know it's a lie. "New pokemon"? "New Form" more like. The wording still claims a connection to Mewtwo. Ok, whatever. Wait until June if that is your plan. Or perhaps sooner, I dunno. Anything can happen, right? I'll be doggoned if I'm directly insulted in such a way, though.

You're not fooling anyone, Gamefreak. You've pulled this junk before and we know it's a lie. "New pokemon"? "New Form" more like. The wording still claims a connection to Mewtwo. Ok, whatever. Wait until June if that is your plan. Or perhaps sooner, I dunno. Anything can happen, right? I'll be doggoned if I'm directly insulted in such a way, though.
I feel that its a new pokemon,not a forme.

I really liked everything they put out before this...but this...just....no. I'll get used to it, as always but no.

I do wonder what significance (if any) this has to the game plot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom