• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious Places?

PDL

Not into Ponies I swear!
Reaction score
Do you guys think that there should be a wiki about mysterious places in the games/anime? They don't nessecarly need to be connected with legendary Pokémon, they may not even have any Pokémon in them, but they were programmed into the game for reasons that aren't completely obvious to the player. These places may end up being connected to internet rumours (Go here, do this and X will appear.)

Places that could qualify in the games:

Gen I
Mt.Moon
Seafoam Islands
Cerulean Cave
Pokémon Tower
Pokémon Mansion

Gen II
Ruins of Alph
Ilex Forest (particularly the shrine)
Burned Tower
Tin Tower
Mt.Silver
Dragon's Den
Lake of Rage

Gen III
R/S/E
Sealed Chamber (and the associated ruins that house the Regi)
Scorched Slab
Mirage Tower
New Mauville
Sky Pillar
Seafloor Cavern
Altering Cave (Hoenn)
Cave of Origin
Mt.Pyre
Southern Island
Faraway Island
Marine and Terra Caves

FR/LG
Mt.Ember
Dotted Hole
Lost Cave
Pattern Bush
Altering Cave (Sevii)
Tanboy Ruins (and the Tanboy Key)
Outcast Island
Navel Rock
Birth Island

Gen IV
All three lakes and the caves that house the lake trio
Sendoff Spring
Old Chataeu
Lost Tower
Soleaceon Ruins
Spear Pillar
Snowpoint Temple
Turnback Cave
Stark Mountain
Ruined World
Fullmoon Island
Newmoon Island
Seabreak Path
Flower Paradise
Hall of Origin

Wait, when you say "wiki", do you mean a whole wiki or just an article?

I think a category would work better, although I don't think they should get that. Mysterious is subjective, everyone would have different views on which of these places belong and which don't. I can see at least three on this list that I don't agree with, and there are bound to be other people who disagree with this list as well. I don't think that we should make anything for it.

Last edited:
New Mauville isn't a mysterious place to me while Scorched Slab is.

Besides, you practically have all the major land marks listed

Yeah, a catergory would be the best choice for the "collection" of places. and it is probably too subjective for Bulbapedia. There are places even I don't agree with.

Perhaps I'm thinking way too much like TV tropes. :\

I'm not sure this is a good idea.

What you think is mysterious might not be to others. This is really an opinion based idea others may not follow.

I agree, thats opinion. Now if we had this for anime instead of games, unless there is such a thing made already, it would be better.

Don't we already have individual pages for most of those locations anyway?

All of them actually.

Yeah, I kinda don't think it would make a good article in the end.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom