• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mysterious silhouette appears on Game Freak's website: Unknown if Pokémon related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, what a strange concept. I like solitaire alright. I'm not sure what it has to do with horses... but I'm sure it'll be fun enough. I trust Game Freak to make good games.

Well, this came as a big surprise. You know, people like solitaire, but it's just so common and sort of not video game related-ish. At first glance, I have no idea what's going on, but it looks silly and fun to play... i guess.

Didnt like harmoknight. This looks better than that tbh. Still bit off the wall crazy tbh.

Well that was unexpected. I guess Solitaire's a "well known game", I've never played it. Interesting concept and looks like it's gonna be fun so I hope it gets localized.

I personally don't think the teaser was necessary. In fact I think the presence of one before announcing this game is borderline trolling.

In saying that, I'm pleased that there are a few positive comments about it. But this is most definitely not for me.

I am laughing so hard right now that the two craziest theories about horse racing games and solitaire both happened to come true at the same time.

I wonder what Game Freak thinks about the public always putting the words "Pokemon" somewhere every time some game of theirs is covered, especially in an scenario like this where the concept and intentions seem to be much different than their usual Pokemon fare.

I really want to say the whole silhouette thing was intentional. Especially with all the he Gen 6 hype going on and people vying for new unannounced information by looking in every little nook and cranny such as in every single site associated with Pokemon....

Not to mention the fact that the image had a cryptic message about the "game played around the world" which they've been promoting X/Y with while looking like some "who's that pokemon" type thing...

Gamefreak are on their way to becoming the greatest trolls in the history of trolldom.

Also congratulations on the people who deciphered the whole horse racing + Solitaire combo. I honestly never would have guessed something so...out there.

I figured this was going to be Gen 6's Pikachu.

Very unlikely for new Pikachu ripoff in Gen VI. I don't think so.

And what makes you think this? Is it because of the shape of the silhouette?

In that case, let me just say that it could've vaguely resemble that of a capybara, which are rodents. Even then with the possible horse relation, doesn't seem likely now, but saying it couldn't have been Gen 6's Pikachu is a bit of a high assumption. Let's hear your exact reasons why you don't think so.

I highly doubt it's going to be released outside of Japan, as opposed to the worldwide release of X/Y, but the production of those games is probably top-priority for Game Freak at the moment, so they most likely had to create something really short and simple in order to concentrate on the bigger and more important Gen 6 projects.
We got HarmoKnight. I wouldn't be surprised if we get this game too. Game Freak is a well-known developer, and simply saying "made by the developers of Pokemon" makes it sell well.

On the other hand, Learn with Pokemon: Typing DS seems to have been a massive failure and I have no idea why they bothered localizing it.

I highly doubt it's going to be released outside of Japan, as opposed to the worldwide release of X/Y, but the production of those games is probably top-priority for Game Freak at the moment, so they most likely had to create something really short and simple in order to concentrate on the bigger and more important Gen 6 projects.
We got HarmoKnight. I wouldn't be surprised if we get this game too. Game Freak is a well-known developer, and simply saying "made by the developers of Pokemon" makes it sell well.

On the other hand, Learn with Pokemon: Typing DS seems to have been a massive failure and I have no idea why they bothered localizing it.

It was released in Europe, but never in North America, and it probably bombed because no Pokemon fan wanted such a game to begin with.

I think it's safe to say that no one expected a Game Freak version of Solitaire.
ku-xlarge.jpg
Now that I look at those cards again, this looks nothing like Solitaire. Literally the only similarities are the deck and the columns of cards.

I personally don't think the teaser was necessary. In fact I think the presence of one before announcing this game is borderline trolling.
In saying that, I'm pleased that there are a few positive comments about it. But this is most definitely not for me.
I agree. I kind of already hate this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom