• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mystery Egg event coming stateside: Toys 'R' Us to partner with TPCi for anime-based

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mystery Egg event coming stateside: Toys 'R' Us to partner with TPCi for anime-ba

Why not?

Re: Mystery Egg event coming stateside: Toys 'R' Us to partner with TPCi for anime-ba

I have to go to work there anyways lol. So I guess I'll be picking those up.

I just hope that they release all the events over wifi eventually, as the majority of pokemon players around the world can't access a toys r us.

Wow, I don't keep up with spoilers, so I had no idea that Ash gets a mystery egg. Makes sense though, cause he has received several Pokemon eggs before. ^^

Anyway, that's cool how Toys R Us is having another anime-inspired Pokemon event. I live close to Toys R Us (I also work there), so I'll definitely be going to this event. =)

And it looks like TPCi is really smart with their marketing strategy!! They can get people who play Pokemon Black and White to come up and download the Mystery Egg, and at the same time, they can get people to buy Pokemon cards too. Indeed, that strategy is clever, and it benefits both Toys R Us and TPCi.

It's weird though, how the article doesn't mention Pokemon DVDs. But since that anime episode about the egg will be airing soon, I suppose fans will still make the connection with the anime.

Guess it's a good/bad thing for me. I drive by Gamestop on the way to/from school so no problem for me, but Wi-Fi is more convenient. Are they doing it one at a time or will it truly be a "mystery" as in "random egg and don't find out what it is until it hatches?"

@ShinyRiolu: You'll end up with one of the three; it will be random.

Meh, I find it not that great of a event but I don't live in the U.S so I could not get it anyways.

This isn't like GameStop for me-- Toys 'R' Us is way too far away compared to the GameStop that is almost literally right around the corner to my house, and the Pokémon you get from the event aren't too special in my opinion.

So, I won't be getting this unless I happen to go by a TRU store. I really would want events to be done over Wi-Fi, though. Much, much more convenient.

Two hour drive to TRU . . . I'm trying to decide if I want to make the trip out there . . . it looks like they'll be releasing a bunch of the toys at the same time and my kid collects the plush. Meh, I agree they should have just made this one wi-fi.

I'll probably go just to have an excuse to go somewhere interesting, and also because it might be fun to not know what the egg will hatch into until it does. At least, assuming I don't forget about this event like I kept forgetting about Ash's Pikachu, which is possible because I already have a Pansage from starting with Tepig, and the fully evolved forms of the other two. I'm very fortunate to live close to a TRU, though.

what? there are other Pokémon fans around the world?

what madness is that?

why didn't they do it on Wi-Fi??

I also remember readin' that each of the Pokemon will have 1 perfect IV :O Pansage and Axew 31 IVs in ATK and Pidove 31 IV in speed. Can't remember where I read it though xD

EDIT: They also say it here, but that wasn't the page where I fist got the info from.

Last edited:

Is this available in the UK?

*Sigh* Why does most of these pokemon events are at TRU? I don't live near one of these stores. Why not make it Gamestop for a while?
Anyways, I hope this event goes on wi-fi too.

Are you f*cking kidding me? ANOTHER TRU event? Ugh TPCI pisses me off sometimes. I never get the chace to go to a gamestop or TRU whenever these events happen. The only ones I've gotten are the ones the re-distributed over wifi. And even if I did go, I wouldn't buy anything. I would just get the event and leave.

So is this in the UK or not?

This is currently for North America I believe, where the dub is recently going to show the 12th episode of the Black and White animé that features Ash receiving an egg.

This event is most likely to occur in other countries once that episode airs in those countries. The UK isn't currently airing Black and White though, so we'll probably have to wait a while.

The UK isn't currently airing Black and White though, so we'll probably have to wait a while.

Ahh. That's why I couldn't find it. I remember it showing the start of the first episode at the end of SLV and I couldn't find it to record it.

The UK isn't currently airing Black and White though, so we'll probably have to wait a while.
Wait, I thought it was airin' on CITV o_O;

They only aired the first two episodes if I recall correctly, as a teaser for later on in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom