• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mystery Egg event coming stateside: Toys 'R' Us to partner with TPCi for anime-based

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mystery Egg event coming stateside: Toys 'R' Us to partner with TPCi for anime-ba

Doesn't look like Canada will be getting this, even though we got Ash's Pikachu at Toys 'R' Us not too long ago. Either that, or they just haven't bothered updating the Canadian PokemonBlackWhite.com (it hasn't even been updated to reflect the extended Victory Pass :rolleyes:).

Though I'm leaning towards "we're not getting it."

Re: Mystery Egg event coming stateside: Toys 'R' Us to partner with TPCi for anime-ba

As was typical fare with events in Generation IV, events at brick-and-mortar venues were announced in the US, and then a short while later the same event was usually announced as a Wi-Fi giveaway in the UK, which unless anything has changed server-wise, meant a Wi-Fi event for any English game, including US cartridges.

So be patient guys, it may well be announced as a Wi-Fi event eventually.

But if it's not, are we that cut up about limited availability of Pansage, Axew or (lol) Pidove?

It be cool if NZ could get them, but then again I could just get the three in the games.

When was the last time NZ had a event like this...even then its only held in one shop in one city.

I'm posting here because then there are three Kiwis posting in a row.

Also, it's done in America because they know they can get the numbers. That's where the money is. Can we say "cash cow"?

What a useless event. Last TRU event I went to was Arceus. They haven't had anything good since.

Meh, looks pretty cool since it's like the anime. If it wasn't based on the anime then it would be worthless.

wait, the stuff WE get doesn't make any sense! ash gets a scraggy instead of those 3 pokemon!

wait, the stuff WE get doesn't make any sense! ash gets a scraggy instead of those 3 pokemon!

You merely get an egg because Ash does.

It's later that you get Ash's Scraggy :p

NEWS FLASH!!!! I live in Canada never been to gamespot or TRU for a event and recieved every single event since the SPR2010 Pichu (expect for WIN2011 Celebi) and have been able to get them without hacking or trading. How? NINTENDO UK HAS BEEN DISTRIBUTING THEM OVER WIFI! I don't know if this will be released on wifi though. The wifi event distribution only started since the jirachi as i'm aware of.They usually start after the original in-store distrubition. eg: Shiny dogs, shiny pichu and jirachi

Wifi pokemon event 2011
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2011

Wifi Pokemon events 2010
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2010

I sorry if im being harsh.

Last edited:

Yeah, what the hey? I'll nab one of these when it's released. But I'm forced to wonder: why didn't they just do it over wi-fi? It's not like I can't go to TRU, but it's nicer to just get whatever in the comfort of my own home.

...knowing my luck, I'll get Pidove when I'd prefer either Pansage or Axew...

Don't see any reason to waste gas driving to TRU for any of those pokemon.

NEWS FLASH!!!! I live in Canada never been to gamespot or TRU for a event and recieved every single event since the SPR2010 Pichu (expect for WIN2011 Celebi) and have been able to get them without hacking or trading. How? NINTENDO UK HAS BEEN DISTRIBUTING THEM OVER WIFI! I don't know if this will be released on wifi though. The wifi event distribution only started since the jirachi as i'm aware of.They usually start after the original in-store distrubition. eg: Shiny dogs, shiny pichu and jirachi

Wifi pokemon event 2011
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2011

Wifi Pokemon events 2010
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2010

I sorry if im being harsh.

Harsh AND ignorant.

NEWS FLASH, this is a novelty event just like Ash's Pikachu, which wasn't released on wifi either.

I don't care much about these Pokémon, but anything that worth something is released on Wi-Fi by Nintendo of Europe a few weeks later anyway. Maybe that will happen this time to.

And last a quick question; can US versions of BW get (English) Europe events? I know they could in gen4, but I heard there are some region block or something this time around.

I already have Pansage, Pidove and Axew, all have featured on my team at some point, why would I want these ones?

Meh, now I want to go to a TRU... just because of all of the Black and White stuff they've been getting, since the Target and TRU Express at my mall has crap. I'll get the egg if I go, but it's more of an after thought.

I'd want to get Pansage......but I just know I'd probably get Pidove....

I already have Pansage, Pidove and Axew, all have featured on my team at some point, why would I want these ones?

There special :p

Pansage knows Solar Beam, Bite, Dig, and Bullet Seed.

Kibago Dragon Rage and Scratch.

It's more of something to promote the show :p

It's nice we're getting this event. I guess this is part of TPCi's marketing strategy and that they meant when they said back in January how they were going to extend their grass routes and have more in-store events. We'll probably get Ash's Scraggy as well, since that is what his egg hatches into.

Just out of curiosity, couldn't you SR for which egg you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom