• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mythical Pokémon

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
So we know that between XY and ORAS we will be able to obtain all the non-event Pokémon. What about all the Mythical Pokémon though? Surely, they'd want to make them available in some way during this generation too, right? It'd be weird if they'd leave a few specific pkmn that would remain impossible to own with the pentagon.
Bank gave us Celebi, while ORAS seems to let us catch Deoxys in-game. What about the others though?

Japan recieved Jirachi through events at least twice this year (and it was a shiny too) and Darkrai too, but when will the rest of the world get them?
Japan also has a promotion going on right now that earns one codes to obtain Shaymin, Keldeo and Victini. Again, how will the rest of the world get these?
And then there's still Mew, Manaphy, Arceus, Meloetta and Genesect...

I'd love it if many of them were made available again but I doubt it will happen. TPCI has shown zero interest in redstributing Pokemon like Shaymin or giving everyone the shiny Genesect. Shaymin hasn't been widely distributed since 2009. They had all of Gen V to give out and they never did. Then there's Mew which hasn't been available at all since 2010.

I'd like to see the Old Sea Map from Emerald return as an event item to allow us to catch Mew. Maybe the others can be distributed via random Wi-Fi events? or give me a new Ranger game for Manaphy.

mmmm....Prediction time! (Assuming XY third version will exist)

-Mew: Wi-fi with XY third version release.
-Jirachi: Serial code early 2015.
-Shaymin, Keldeo, and Victini: Probably a similar promotion, restricted to virtual pokemon center & TCG products. In Europe maybe only TCG.
-Manaphy:Wi-fi on early 2016.
-Darkrai: Serial code on 2015, less distribution than Jirachi.
-Arceus:Serial code on 2016.
-Meloetta:Wi-fi on 2015.
-Genesect:Serial code some small time after XY third version release.

Or maybe, Mirage spots will return in some form in XY third version and with the exception of Arceus and Mew (and probably Jirachi and Celebi), the Mythical Pokemon will be catchable.

All I'm wondering about is why Game Freak seems to have forgotten about poor Manaphy. It only had a total of one distribution event through the first Pokémon Ranger game, then it kind of fell from the face of the Earth. I was originally hoping that the ORAS demo would have featured it with a Mega Evolution, but instead there was Mega Steelix for Japan and Mega Glalie for the rest of the world.

Who knows though. With that thing about playing the demo everyday, maybe we get a Manaphy mission after so many days. It's not like any of us saw the Nugget mission coming, after all.

You know, Iwata had this whole Smash/ORAS theory he mentioned, and yet Nintendo is doing very little to reinforce that it actually believes this theory. So far there's only the Smash Greninja event--in Japan--but that's it. Wouldn't it be great if they did something more about this? For example--Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are all Poké Ball Pokémon in Smash 3DS/Wii U. Maybe we could have a Smash & ORAS week/month where these Mythical Pokémon for a certain amount of time after ORAS and Smash Wii U are released?

But that would make too much sense.

Ideas for future 'Episodes' featuring mythical Pokemon:

InfernoRed and SolarGreen - Episode M featuring Mewtwo, Mew, Team Rocket, Mr. Fuji and Blaine

TemporalDiamond and SpacialPearl - Episode Alpha featuring Arceus and the Creation Trio. Could also have an Episode featuring Darkrai.

The return of the old sea map event for mew would be really cool! It's the one from emerald that I wished I could have experienced the most: it's atmosphere was great!

And I think that a Manaphy egg event would fit pretty well, just because Hoenn seems like the region most suited to Manaphy.

Well, here's hoping that Nintendo will probably distribute Jirachi first in some form (hopefully shiny like in Japan, and via WiFi, not serial code!) sometime in 2015.

Jirachi is a Hoenn Pokemon, after all, so they can't just forget about it.

There'll be some events in the future I suppose, like with Diancie. I can only see say one Unova and one Johto though. One Sinnoh and etc. We had Arceus in gen 5, so Darkrai soon maybe?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom