• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Mythological creatures or Urban Legends you'd like made into Pokémon?

Reaction score
In no particular order and just off the top of my head.

Wyvern - I'm aware Noivern is named after one but its design just doesn't suggest one to me, instead looking like an overgrown bat.
Wyrm - I could go for either the sea or land variant.
Homunculus - Preferably with Frankenstein imagery.
Ushi-Oni - Not sure whether it'd be a Bug or a Poison type, maybe both?
Cath Palug - Kinda missed our chance with Galar come and gone but I won't give up hope.
Kamaitachi - Apparently Sneasel is based on one but I don't really see it.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Kamaitachi - Apparently Sneasel is based on one but I don't really see it.
Blame design changes, since beta Sneasel did look more like a weasel than the final design.

Join the BlueLions!
Reaction score
A pegasus! I'm really surprised that we never had a pegasus Pokemon. I've always wanted an evolution of Rapidash as a pegasus.
I can think of a few:
  • Bigfoot/Sasquatch (Maybe Normal/Fighting? Normal/Grass? Pure Normal?)
  • Mothman (Bug/Ghost)
  • Black Shuck (Talked about this ages ago in the SwSh forum. I was picturing a Ghost/Fairy or Dark/Ghost dog who appears to travellers at night)
  • Banshee (Ghost/Fairy)
  • Kelpie (Water/Ghost)
  • Leshy (Definitely a legendary - part Grass)
  • Yamata-no-Orochi (I'm aware that Hydreigon is partially based on it, but what about an actual eight-headed serpent? Pure Dragon, could be a legendary)

I'd love a Wendigo Pokemon. Obviously it'd have to be toned down but the concept itself is great. Could be a pseudo-legendary or even a full on legendary.
Arent't Spectrier and Keldeo based off Kelpies?

Perfect Chronology
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
A pegasus! I'm really surprised that we never had a pegasus Pokemon. I've always wanted an evolution of Rapidash as a pegasus.
I was surprised that Galarian Rapidash didn't evolve into a pegasus, especially with most Galarian forms having further evolutions. Missed the chance back in Gen VI too with mega forms.

Arent't Spectrier and Keldeo based off Kelpies?
I left Keldeo out because I was picturing something closer to the myth, but Spectrier works.

Join the BlueLions!
Reaction score
Not sure about Spectrier, but Keldeo is a kelpie in name-only.
And the fact that it is a water horse, just like the Kelpie. In the case of Spectrier, Kelpies were said to disguise themselves as black colts in order to lure children to eat, which fits how Spectrier is a black horse that can absorb the Life Force of living creatures.

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
Some pokemon based on Inuit legends could make for some interesting and hopefully good Ice types like the wolf spirit Amarok that devours hunters who go out at night alone. Could be a fast and hard hitting Ice/Ghost type.

Two box art legends based on the two gods of Zoroastrianism Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu would be cool and something I can actually see happening if a pokemon game in a middle eastern setting is made.

"Always waiting for someone to ask for her hand."
Reaction score
Great suggestions, I'll mention some creatures that I didn't see in the thread.

Medusa (Tangela has some Medusa details, but for me it's more like a vine pokémon).
La Llorona (Latin American terror legend).
Alebrije (Mexican folklore).
El Silbón (Venezuelan terror legend).
The Boogeyman.
Diablo de Yare (Venezuelan folklore).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Not sure how La Llorona could work, though.

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted a Pokemon based on the inkanyamba, a mythical serpent from South Africa that’s said to control the weather. I’ve always pictured either being the final evolution for an African regions water starter or a water/electric variant of milotic.