• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mythological creatures or Urban Legends you'd like made into Pokémon?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Here's my wishlist; some inspired by multiple other members post on other threads. @Kung Fu Ferret also gave me inspiration to make this.
  • Griffin
  • Harpy @TRNatalie this one's for you and the Pegasus too lol.
  • Pegasus: Yes, I know it's yet another horse-based pokemon, but come on it's a flying steed, it's cool.
  • Siren: an alternative to the harpy I guess.
  • Cerberus: I always envisioned being a mono Ghost type legendary.
  • Hippocampus
  • Minotaur
  • Basilisk
  • Cockatrice
  • Manticore
  • Qilin/Kirin
  • Chupacabra: No idea what it's design would be, but still putting it here. I'd feel like Skiddo and Gogoat would fear a pokemon based off of this.
  • Kasa-obake: Yes, I know silly idea and some fans don't like Pokemon that resemble inanimate objects, but I always found this yōkai amusing, so please just let me have this. :p
  • Quetzalcoatl
  • The Wendigo: I envision this one as a Ice/Ghost type with a head like a stag. I like the idea of nightmare fuel pokemon, lol.

Last edited:
If it wasn't because I feel like it would be a hybrid of Absol and the Za-wolves, I would like a Pokémon based on the cadejos.

Kasa-obake: Yes, I know silly idea and some fans don't like Pokemon that resemble inanimate objects, but I always found this yōkai amusing, so please just let me have this. :p
Sincerely, I always thought of it as a proto-Pokémon.

Werewolf and Rainbow Serpent would be great.
Midnight Lycanroc is here.

Kasa-obake: Yes, I know silly idea and some fans don't like Pokemon that resemble inanimate objects, but I always found this yōkai amusing, so please just let me have this. :p

I would genuinely love this one.

I can think of a few:
  • Bigfoot/Sasquatch (Maybe Normal/Fighting? Normal/Grass? Pure Normal?)
  • Mothman (Bug/Ghost)
  • Black Shuck (Talked about this ages ago in the SwSh forum. I was picturing a Ghost/Fairy or Dark/Ghost dog who appears to travellers at night)
  • Banshee (Ghost/Fairy)
  • Kelpie (Water/Ghost)
  • Leshy (Definitely a legendary - part Grass)
  • Yamata-no-Orochi (I'm aware that Hydreigon is partially based on it, but what about an actual eight-headed serpent? Pure Dragon, could be a legendary)

• The Wendigo: I envision this one as a Ice/Ghost type with a head like a stag. I like the idea of nightmare fuel pokemon, lol.
I'd love a Wendigo Pokemon. Obviously it'd have to be toned down but the concept itself is great. Could be a pseudo-legendary or even a full on legendary.

Cerberus and Orthus are ones that come to mind for me. Followed by Griffins. That;s be my top three, but I also want to see how they would do pokemon based off the Thunderbird, the Western zodiac, Fenrir and his "pups" and gods such as Sarasvati, Amaterasu, Zeus, Dionysus and Pan.

More seemingly obvious picks would be the aforementioned Mantocore, Centaurs, Sphinxes and Minotaurs.

riverukis.png

I'd like to see Shayquaza. The legendary HBIC.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beast of Bodmin Moor, or the Hound of the Baskervilles. You could quite easily merge the mythology into a single ghostly creature, I think.

British giants, perhaps Gog and Magog - or at the very least, a more explicit link between the Regis and prehistoric Galar.

After all these years, I'm really surprised they haven't done griffins yet.

Some other ones I'd like to see are:

- Drop Bear (I can envision this being a Dark-type regional variant or evolution for Komala)
- Jersey Devil

I was going to throw in jackalopes as well, though Calyrex already has some similar traits.

Last edited:
- Mothman
- Siren
- Ifrit
- Leviathan
- Wendigo
- Alexander (Holy war machine)

And if gaming based shoutouts that are kind of like Urban Legends / Mythological Creatures were allowed to count:
- Sin ( FF X)
- Epitaphs (.hack //G.U. series)

We technically have Mothman (Absol), but an actual mothman might be cool.
I agree. Absol is based on another mythilogical creature who tries to warn others. Got a feeling a mothman type creature would either be Dark / Poison or Dark / Flying.

And if gaming based shoutouts that are kind of like Urban Legends / Mythological Creatures were allowed to count:
- Sin ( FF X)
- Epitaphs (.hack //G.U. series)

I wanna say that Alexander might also fit (the idea of it as a Light aspected mecha did originate and is found in Final Fantasy), and that references might be worth its own discussion

I've always wanted a griffin Pokemon too, and I think it should be a Legendary Pokemon.

A while ago, I had this idea for a legendary trio consisting of a Fighting/Flying griffin, a Psychic/Flying pegasus, and a Dark/Flying winged cerberus. But now I'm thinking more along the lines of a standalone griffin Legendary that's pure Flying, or perhaps Flying/Rock with the ability to disguise itself as a statue.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom