• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mythological creatures or Urban Legends you'd like made into Pokémon?

In no particular order and just off the top of my head.

Wyvern - I'm aware Noivern is named after one but its design just doesn't suggest one to me, instead looking like an overgrown bat.
Wyrm - I could go for either the sea or land variant.
Homunculus - Preferably with Frankenstein imagery.
Ushi-Oni - Not sure whether it'd be a Bug or a Poison type, maybe both?
Cath Palug - Kinda missed our chance with Galar come and gone but I won't give up hope.
Kamaitachi - Apparently Sneasel is based on one but I don't really see it.

A pegasus! I'm really surprised that we never had a pegasus Pokemon. I've always wanted an evolution of Rapidash as a pegasus.
I can think of a few:
  • Bigfoot/Sasquatch (Maybe Normal/Fighting? Normal/Grass? Pure Normal?)
  • Mothman (Bug/Ghost)
  • Black Shuck (Talked about this ages ago in the SwSh forum. I was picturing a Ghost/Fairy or Dark/Ghost dog who appears to travellers at night)
  • Banshee (Ghost/Fairy)
  • Kelpie (Water/Ghost)
  • Leshy (Definitely a legendary - part Grass)
  • Yamata-no-Orochi (I'm aware that Hydreigon is partially based on it, but what about an actual eight-headed serpent? Pure Dragon, could be a legendary)

I'd love a Wendigo Pokemon. Obviously it'd have to be toned down but the concept itself is great. Could be a pseudo-legendary or even a full on legendary.
Arent't Spectrier and Keldeo based off Kelpies?

A pegasus! I'm really surprised that we never had a pegasus Pokemon. I've always wanted an evolution of Rapidash as a pegasus.
I was surprised that Galarian Rapidash didn't evolve into a pegasus, especially with most Galarian forms having further evolutions. Missed the chance back in Gen VI too with mega forms.

Arent't Spectrier and Keldeo based off Kelpies?
I left Keldeo out because I was picturing something closer to the myth, but Spectrier works.

Not sure about Spectrier, but Keldeo is a kelpie in name-only.
And the fact that it is a water horse, just like the Kelpie. In the case of Spectrier, Kelpies were said to disguise themselves as black colts in order to lure children to eat, which fits how Spectrier is a black horse that can absorb the Life Force of living creatures.

Some pokemon based on Inuit legends could make for some interesting and hopefully good Ice types like the wolf spirit Amarok that devours hunters who go out at night alone. Could be a fast and hard hitting Ice/Ghost type.

Two box art legends based on the two gods of Zoroastrianism Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu would be cool and something I can actually see happening if a pokemon game in a middle eastern setting is made.

Great suggestions, I'll mention some creatures that I didn't see in the thread.

Medusa (Tangela has some Medusa details, but for me it's more like a vine pokémon).
La Llorona (Latin American terror legend).
Alebrije (Mexican folklore).
El Silbón (Venezuelan terror legend).
The Boogeyman.
Diablo de Yare (Venezuelan folklore).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom