• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

myuma draws sometimes

hanecco

Hoppip Appreciator
Reaction score
Apparently so.
I fell out of drawing a while ago because of several things, but I recently began again. Here's some of my attempts.

How they were made: I drew the line art by hand, then scanned it into my computer and coloured it in digitally. I still need to learn how to make cel shading look good, haha ^^; That's why I left it as block colouring.

"Another victory for us!" - Ethan fist bumping Scizor

"Wait a moment..." - Selene and her shiny Seedot

"Get back here, Drifloon!" - A blizzard on Route 216?

I discovered these pictures which I apparently did in May this year. They're inspired by this tutorial. Basically, I roughly traced some sprites and recoloured them in a way which emulates watercolours. I'm not sure how much they actually look like watercolours, especially because they were done digitally, but the effect is still quite nice.

Jirachi
jirachi-watercolour.png

Milotic
milotic-watercolour.png

Out of the two, I like Milotic more.

Once upon a time, I was a silly child who thought they were above learning anatomy... I decided to atone for that by, well, learning anatomy.
Here's my practices:

A student. Shading this was difficult and I'm still not totally satisfied with it. Figuring out how to draw the eyes was also tough.
image2(1).jpeg

A granny looking at her grandchild (I only drew the granny). I'm very happy with this one!
image3(1).jpeg

So I've been drawing people a lot, and of course that led to me drawing my OTP, N x Hilda.
Disclaimer: This really is just a doodle, so don't expect the anatomy to be 100% perfect.

6B3DAF43-5CE0-46A8-BA63-DC981C912133.jpeg

I'm very happy with how N turned out, especially the expression on his face. Hilda was added in afterwards and she looks OK, I guess - I redrew her features, especially her mouth, several times because I kept getting confused on where to place them. I'm still not convinced that she actually looks like she's looking at N, but never mind. You can't have it all, right?

Last edited:
I said in my last post I'm practicing anatomy and forgot to upload the actual practice! Edited it in to the previous post, and here's today's sketches.

Masahiro Sakurai
It actually looks like him, which is cool!
image0(1).jpeg

Charlize Theron
This one could use improvement... I feel like the proportions are off somehow.
image0.jpeg

I haven't been drawing many real faces these days. I should probably get back to that, but in the meantime...

Kris & Hoppip, meet beta Kris & beta Hoppip!
Apparently a female trainer was planned to be in Gold and Silver, but wasn't included in the final version. I based my drawing of her on this fan-made sprite by SirPeaches, and decided to give her the very cute beta Hoppip as a friend.
kris_and_beta_small.gif

I found some reference pictures of people in a National Geographic magazine, then drew them in two ways - realistically (or as realistically as I can), and then a (loose, very loose) interpretation in my own style. I want to avoid same-face syndrome, so drawing real faces will hopefully prevent that.

image1(1).jpeg

image4.jpeg

image2(2).jpeg

image3(2).jpeg

image0(2).jpeg

... and then I got tired, so I didn't draw an anime one, haha.

I also drew beta Kris again, in my own style:

image0(3).jpeg

The cutesy aesthetics of this one was definitely inspired by 90s-shoujo anime art I've seen on Instagram, especially charimyuu's work. I don't usually draw characters as sweet and bubbly as this!

More beta Kris content is coming soon, as you can see from my current profile picture...

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 47
Um... no beta Kris, but I made some trainer sprites? These are way more fun than drawing. :p Most of them have been traced over an official sprite, then edited to my will.

Please don't use these sprites for your own projects (such as romhacks, trainer cards) or reupload them to other sites. Thanks!

Selene
pixil-frame-0(6).png
pixil-frame-0(5).png
pixil-frame-0(4).png

Three different versions: no hat, with hat, and hat + bag.
Selene's hat is... really weird. Its weirdness may only be rivaled by Brendan's hat. The sprite I based her on is a HGSS Lass.

Older Serena, Older Dawn
pixil-frame-0(2).png

Serena is based on a HGSS Beauty.
pixil-frame-0(5).png

Dawn is based on HGSS Jasmine. Instead of yellow hair clips, she now has earrings.

Back
Top Bottom