• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

• Seminalshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • AvantGardeshipping

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Bombshellshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Inquisitionshipping

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • GildedLilyshipping

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luna Tiger

Cheers to the Freeze
Reaction score
Need a name for your shiny new 'ship and can't think of a good one for yourself? Well, you came to the right place.

This is a sort of a gathering hub, I suppose. Anyone is free to ask for help, and anyone is free to make a suggestion to help that person. Take and give is a good motto; do onto others and you would want them to do onto you, is another. If you want help, it would be equally nice if you could help someone in the future. Someone gave you their time, so the right thing to do is to give someone else yours.

Otherwise, it doesn't work, and /I'm/ the one left to help. =( And I can't think of everything.

....Ignore the poll. It's long finished.

Tips for making suggestions:
-Before making a suggestion, be sure it's not already named. Meaning, please check here first: Neverending Romance | Incomplete Nightmare

-When making suggestions, also have the couple somewhere in your own post. That way, when /you/ are quoted, the couple you're naming is apparent to any non-involved readers.

-Please quote who you're responding to. That will notify the asker that someone had made an inquiry, instead of simply posting beneath. It also helps maintain exactly who you're suggesting for, in case you believe you're posting to someone and your post winds up beneath someone else's.

-Don't say "I would suggest, but I suck." You've no idea how badly good namers started, nor do you know if the names you can think of wouldn't be positively received. Trying is the best solution to every task.

-If a name you're suggesting doesn't seem like it would make sense on the surface, do try to explain your reasonings. It might be the reason that will get that specific name chosen.

Tips for askers:
-If you get suggestions, you can always say 'no' to any that are made for your pairing.

-If you do not get suggestions, and your pairing is now a page or two back, you are perfectly welcome to bring your pairing up again.

-When you /do/ pick a name, please quote and post that /that/ is the name you're choosing. This helps tell others that you have chosen and no other names should be offered to the pairing.

And that's not cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

I have no idea why..But SolarPetalShipping...

You know...May's Venusaur uses Petal dance instead of Solar beam like Ash's Bulbasaur...

I was going to open this thread only to ask what to call Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur (nope, it's not the same thing as Vineshipping, thank you)

Ash's Bulbasaur/May's Venusaur

I have an idea. How about YouInspiredMeToGrow shipping. Speaking from the POV of May's Venusaur (before it evolved), Ash's Bulbasaur gave it a lot of support and encouragement in the times they spent together, and it may have contributed to her overall confidence when it came time for her to evolve while over in Johto with May.

I need help deciding what to call Ash's Pidgeot/Fearow (the Fearow in question is the one in the anime that attacked Ash and Pidgeot battled.) I thought about BirdsOfPreyshipping (since they're pretty much based on such birds.) but I would like to hear any other suggestions.

Wally/Nurse Joy

UPDATE: I have found a suitable title: SeeYouAgainAndAgainAndAgainShipping.
A nod both to Joy's catchphrase and Wally's health.

Anyone want to suggest for Diamond/Pearl/Platina?

-_-; No, it's not Scarfshipping.

I need help deciding what to call Ash's Pidgeot/Fearow (the Fearow in question is the one in the anime that attacked Ash and Pidgeot battled.) I thought about BirdsOfPreyshipping (since they're pretty much based on such birds.) but I would like to hear any other suggestions.
Pidgeot/Fearow

WeMeetAgain, Triumphant, Rapere (it's Latin~ for raptor), Kite....

Wally/Nurse Joy

UPDATE: I have found a suitable title: SeeYouAgainAndAgainAndAgainShipping.
A nod both to Joy's catchphrase and Wally's health.
*sweatdrop* I sympathize with anyone who wants to 'ship that.

I really like the idea of this shipping, but I'm not exactly sure what to call it...
Ash's Pikachu and Mays Glaceon.
Ideas?

Ash's Pikachu/ May's Glaceon

IronTailShipping seems nice =\ As they both can use Iron tail...And they're the only members of May's and Ash's team that could use it.

I really like the idea of this shipping, but I'm not exactly sure what to call it...
Ash's Pikachu and Mays Glaceon.
Ideas?
Pikachu/Glaceon

WeatherBallet, IceCapades, ElectricSlide...

-ElectricSlide after the dance, and because you slide across ice.

-IceCapades because Pikachu likes to dance.

-WeatherBallet because hail and lightning go with storms, and again with the dance theme.

Pikachu/Glaceon

WeatherBallet, IceCapades, ElectricSlide...

-ElectricSlide after the dance, and because you slide across ice.

-IceCapades because Pikachu likes to dance.

-WeatherBallet because hail and lightning go with storms, and again with the dance theme.

Ash's Pikachu/ May's Glaceon

IronTailShipping seems nice =\ As they both can use Iron tail...And they're the only members of May's and Ash's team that could use it.
Thanks guys, I think that I'll go with WeatherBalletshipping, and thank you for the ideas!

I need help. FlanneryXMe. If you don't o users and people, can I get Dawn's BunearyXDawn's Piplup.

I could actually use a little help naming Eusine/Thorton. o-o Its happening in my RP and I don't know what to call it XD;

I need help. FlanneryXMe.
Hmm, try here for that: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=49181

If you don't o users and people, can I get Dawn's BunearyXDawn's Piplup.
Already Chirushipping.

I could actually use a little help naming Eusine/Thorton. o-o Its happening in my RP and I don't know what to call it XD;
Eusine/Thorton

Me being twisted, I'd suggest Ralphieshipping (Christmas story: Eusine is Ralphie in regards to Suicune, and Thorton /would/ tell him, "It'll shoot your eye out.") or Harangueshipping (Eusine is a ranter of this magnitude, and Thorton probably does harangue as well).

o.o Hey, you ever name Clark/Dominic?

Ooh. :0 I like Harangueshipping. X3 Thank yoooooou~

:0 I did not. I'd name it Twistshipping but I'm pretty sure that's taken by some sort of pairing already XD

Edit: arggg yeah it is. pisssss

oooh but Spinshipping isn't. 8D can i call it Spinshipping, can i can i? 8D

I may or may not need a little bit of assistance coming up with a good replacement name for Dario/Damian XD; I mean, I was thinking of Carnalshipping, but...*shrug* if you have anything that might fit better...;;

Back
Top Bottom