• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Name It Game: want help naming your lonely boats?

What should Ash's Bulbasaur and May's Venusaur be called?

• Seminalshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • AvantGardeshipping

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Bombshellshipping

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Inquisitionshipping

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • GildedLilyshipping

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • Other (please note and drop suggestion)

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry to bother, but theres this one shipping that i really am fond of, but can only seem to find fanart of them on pixiv (i cant understand japanese for the life of me). Its Serena, the in-game version, with the E4 trainer, Siebold. Lol, i am so head over heels for this pair.

Anyway, does anyone happen to know if there is a name for this pairing yet? Ive been searching for it all day.

Sorry to bother, but theres this one shipping that i really am fond of, but can only seem to find fanart of them on pixiv (i cant understand japanese for the life of me). Its Serena, the in-game version, with the E4 trainer, Siebold. Lol, i am so head over heels for this pair.

Anyway, does anyone happen to know if there is a name for this pairing yet? Ive been searching for it all day.

My suggestions would be either SereneWatersShipping (From Serena's name and the fact that Siebold is a Water trainer) Or KalosBlondeShipping (...'cause they're blondes.)

My suggestions would be either SereneWatersShipping (From Serena's name and the fact that Siebold is a Water trainer) Or KalosBlondeShipping (...'cause they're blondes.)
Oh, wow! Thank you so much. I think the first one honestly sounds fantastic! I'll totally credit you if I use it. :> Thanks again.

Edit: would you perhaps be okay if I attempted at submitting this name? ^^;

Last edited:

Oh, wow! Thank you so much. I think the first one honestly sounds fantastic! I'll totally credit you if I use it. :> Thanks again.

Edit: would you perhaps be okay if I attempted at submitting this name? ^^;

Yeah, sure. I see no reason not to.

Can anyone help me? I want a good shipping name for Braixen x Lucario. It would be much appreciated~

The best i can come up with is MagicalAuraShipping or FieryAuraShipping.

Thanks for your suggestions! I decided I went for MagicalAurashipping. It seemed for me that it works well more because a) How Braixen is an intelligent Pokemon, because a fair amount of intelligent characters know magic and b) It evolves into a Fire/Psychic. Oh, yes, and its Hidden Ability is Magician.

Again, thank you for your suggestions. ;)

What should Lysandre x Maxie be called? I was thinking of TheRoadToHellIsPavedWithGoodIntentionsShipping, but I don't think people will want to type that out all the time.

What should Lysandre x Maxie be called? I was thinking of TheRoadToHellIsPavedWithGoodIntentionsShipping, but I don't think people will want to type that out all the time.

Hmm... I have a couple okay-ish ideas:

FlareBlitzShipping (Team Flare, both somewhat Fire-oriented)

NoMansLandShipping (Team Magma's land, Team Flare's destruction and war)

Hmm... I have a couple okay-ish ideas:

FlareBlitzShipping (Team Flare, both somewhat Fire-oriented)

NoMansLandShipping (Team Magma's land, Team Flare's destruction and war)

flareblitzshipping is already taken, i'm afraid, but the other one is available. i rather like NoMansLandShipping for the two of them~

Trying to come up with three this time. Unfortunately metal coat shipping is already taken

onix x scyther
Scizor x steelix
Onix x scyther x scizor x steelix

any ideas?

Hey everyone. I have a few ships I'd like some help naming, if you please! I have some meh potential ideas but I'd really like others' input.

-Grant X Valerie: FaerieStoneShipping? (I know the threesome of FeastShipping exists, but nothing of just these two.)
-Marlon X Siebold: CatchOfTheDayShipping or AficionadoShipping? As they are a fisherman and a chef respectively. They're kind of long though...
-Drasna X Wikstorm: ChivalricShipping or KingsShieldShipping? Has a knight and dragon theme so there's lots of potential there.
-Slurpuff X Aromatisse: PowderpuffShipping? Slurpuff is a creampuff and Aromatisse is like a perfume bottle with long mascara lashes...I just think of makeup application.
-Maylene X Korinna: RollerDerbyshipping? They're both fighting leaders so something sporty would work.
-Sabrina X Valerie: DollhouseShipping! That's the only one I actually like so far but like the rest, I'm open to suggestions.

wow I'm so bad at this. Hopefully I didn't mess up and use any taken names or ships, I tried reading over the site multiple times.

Trying to come up with three this time. Unfortunately metal coat shipping is already taken

onix x scyther
Scizor x steelix

any ideas?

IronDefenseShipping or MetallicMoultShipping for Scizor and Steelix? They both shed their skins/exoskeletons, I don't know..?

onix x scyther
Scizor x steelix

any ideas?

All of them learn Double Team, and DoubleTeamShipping is surprisingly not taken.
Knapping is the process of making sharp objects from stone, so that might work well for Onix x Scyther.
Both Onix and Scyther are mentioned to move fast in their Pokédex entries, and HighSpeedShipping is surprisingly not taken. So that's an option.
Plating is the process of covering something in metal and might work well for Scizor x Steelix, since both got "plated" when they evolved.
Both Steelix and Scizor are mentioned to have hard bodies in their Pokédex entries. HardShipping, HardBodyShipping, MohsShipping (after the scale used to measure mineral hardness)... none are taken.

Hey everyone. I have a few ships I'd like some help naming, if you please! I have some meh potential ideas but I'd really like others' input.

-Grant X Valerie: FaerieStoneShipping? (I know the threesome of FeastShipping exists, but nothing of just these two.)
-Marlon X Siebold: CatchOfTheDayShipping or AficionadoShipping? As they are a fisherman and a chef respectively. They're kind of long though...
-Drasna X Wikstorm: ChivalricShipping or KingsShieldShipping? Has a knight and dragon theme so there's lots of potential there.
-Slurpuff X Aromatisse: PowderpuffShipping? Slurpuff is a creampuff and Aromatisse is like a perfume bottle with long mascara lashes...I just think of makeup application.
-Maylene X Korinna: RollerDerbyshipping? They're both fighting leaders so something sporty would work.
-Sabrina X Valerie: DollhouseShipping! That's the only one I actually like so far but like the rest, I'm open to suggestions.

wow I'm so bad at this. Hopefully I didn't mess up and use any taken names or ships, I tried reading over the site multiple times.
CTRL + F is your friend! I agree that CatchOfTheDay is pretty long, but Aficionado is a pretty reasonable length. I dunno, the rest look pretty good to me. You can justify them all, none are too long, and they aren't just taking a theme from each person and squishing them together.

Are they're ships for counterpart characters, like Ash x Red or Gary x Green? I know that's kind of weird since they're pretty much the same character but then again some people like selfcest so it works if you ask me ^^'

CounterpartShipping could go for any counterpart really. I'm not sure if it's already taken or if Ash x Red already has a ship name ^^' (probably does :p)

Also does Lysandre x Cyrus have a name? The first thing that came to my mind is NewWorldShippong :/

Also does Lysandre x Cyrus have a name? The first thing that came to my mind is NewWorldShippong :/

That's already taken. WorldResetShipping and CultFollowingShipping aren't, though, and they would fit.

Got a whole new list, right now these are the ones I'm having a bit of trouble naming.

*Wattson X Wulfric- FrozenFuseShipping or BitterBatteryShipping? Or maybe something referring to beards or bellies lol

*Riley X Korrina- MegaAuraShipping? Both use Lucario and have a unique power they share with their Pokemon, idk, totally lost on this one!

*Benga X Bonnie- LemonGuavaShipping? (an actual fruit, but idk maybe there's something better? In reference to their Japanese names and the fruits behind their names)

I gotta dash but thanks to anyone who helps out!

Last edited:
Got a whole new list, right now these are the ones I'm having a bit of trouble naming.

*Wattson X Wulfric- FrozenFuseShipping or BitterBatteryShipping? Or maybe something referring to beards or bellies lol

*Riley X Korrina- MegaAuraShipping? Both use Lucario and have a unique power they share with their Pokemon, idk, totally lost on this one!

*Benga X Bonnie- LemonGuavaShipping? (an actual fruit, but idk maybe there's something better? In reference to their Japanese names and the fruits behind their names)

I gotta dash but thanks to anyone who helps out!
  • Well, they're both stubborn old men, so GeezerShipping or JollyOldShipping.
  • That works, but maybe OrichalcumShipping (the metal Lucario is based on) or AuraMasteryShipping (pretty obvious)
  • Perhaps, since they both are encountered at climbable towers, TowerClimbShipping or WhiteTowerShipping?
The ones you gave are good, I'm just trying to give suggestions.

Thanks again for your help here! I really like all those ideas, thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom