• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh “Name” the player characters

Have they ever used the official names in pre-release? I still remember that in the ORAS demo the player was named Orlando for some reason.
the only time the PC names are made 'officially canon' is when the opposite gendered PC appears as an NPC in some fashion. the promotional names used are not their characters' names.

I don't believe those are going to be the actual names in game. (tbf I don't think they will actually appear as NPC:s in game since it'd be weird when you run around with other players in the wild area that look the same.) It's probably similar to when they showed off the PSS in XY and the PC:s portaits showed up with the names Xavier and Yvonne.

Victor is my Pokemon role play OC which I based on myself and created a few years ago who is dressed similarly to the male SwSh MC...

I don’t know how to react to this.

Victor is my Pokemon role play OC which I based on myself and created a few years ago who is dressed similarly to the male SwSh MC...

I don’t know how to react to this.
Game Freak is eerily good at stealing ideas from its fans and repurposing them

I came up with the idea of a dark world devoid of light beyond the Ultra Wormhole, with a tower powered by a forsaken god about a year before USM details were revealed

Still haven't gotten my check in the mail

Game Freak is eerily good at stealing ideas from its fans and repurposing them

I came up with the idea of a dark world devoid of light beyond the Ultra Wormhole, with a tower powered by a forsaken god about a year before USM details were revealed

Still haven't gotten my check in the mail

There are huge roleplays of me as Victor on a Pokemon website, and my ace as usual was a Raichu... and Raichu was the first Pokemon that Dynamaxed (I remember it being the first, is it someone else?). My character wore a plain red top which I imagined to be fairly similar to SwSh Male Protag's outfit.

I guess it’s going to be the easiest game to self-insert into for me. A bit more eerie detail is it being the UK region since I’ve always fantasised about leaving my present life an do beginning new in London with Victor as my alias...

Tarzan and Jane
John and Rose
The Doctor and The Doctor
Rory and Amelia/Amy

In seriousness though For Japanese maybe Tsurugi for the boy since that means sword.

That’s about all I got since there are literally dozens of names that mean warrior and protector and stuff like that.

Tarzan and Jane
John and Rose
The Doctor and The Doctor
Rory and Amelia/Amy

In seriousness though For Japanese maybe Tsurugi for the boy since that means sword.

That’s about all I got since there are literally dozens of names that mean warrior and protector and stuff like that.
my name is in there.

My two ones:

Derrick & Elizabeth

Owen and Emily/Emma.

I tried to come up with two names as British as humanly possible :p

I like those, especially Emily. I hink John and Sarah are probably the two most common names I hear; pretty sure I know at least 5 of each

Henry and Mary are my guess on what their names could be.
I think Emily is a good one too and perhaps Beth.
I can't think of other male names. The guy just looks like a Henry to me.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom