• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Names that haven't been used in the anime

Yeah, there was a Nicky in "Absol-ute Disaster", like PAK Man said.

But, there hasn't been a Nick or Nicholas yet (unless you count the use of Nicky as a subsitute for Nick and *all forms* of that name).

When I made that list, I was just going by single names themselves, rather than going by name forms.

There hasn't been a Jodie in the anime either XD; The only place I've seen my name was in one of the games, there was a random trainer you battled who was named "Jodi" I think, but for the anime, it hasn't been used.

O_O I did not expect this many replies. Thanks, everyone! I'll edit my first post and include all of these. It'll be useful any time someone wants to make up their own CotD and wants a new name.

To my knowledge, there has never been a Monika..

I would squee with excitement if Ash ever said my name. xD!! Or James.. But TR never really says the character-of-the-day names... ::Sniff::

Wasn't Taillow's name in the English still Rose?
I think so; that's probably why they changed human Rose's name to Kate.

Joe

I don't recall at which power plant it was (maybe the one in Sparks Fly for Magnemite), but I remember that one worker said to another, "Hey Mike, [something about getting the plant working again]."

Well, Andi....

Christopher
Christopher

Last edited:
There are maaaaaaaany (random order):
Maxim
Merrick
Alvin
Missy
Lori
Davin
Abdul
Casimir
Edith
Argy
Brick
Autumn
Jamie
Patrick
Mirabelle
Jarvis
Kaori
Jene
Vanessa
Jerry
Dick
Logan
Aimee
Imani
Thorn
Lyle
Davis
Domon
Evan
Dillon
Cara
Ethel
Jillian
Conrad

Enough?

The three contest hosts we've met so far are Vivian, Lilian and Momoan. No Gillian unless she's an offscreen character who's only been namechecked.

Oh yeah....

I forgot about those characters. O.O

Thanks for refreshing my memory, Kthleen!! ^^

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom