• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

National Bulbagraphic: The Bulbagarden photography contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

To celebrate the recent release of New Pokémon Snap we wanted to provide an opportunity for some forum fun with a brand new photography competition, open to all forum users. In addition to the unadulterated prestige of being recognised as an expert photographer by the Bulbagarden community, we also have some forum goodies up for grabs!

1620377752902.png

How to participate

If you wish to participate, all you need to do is send in a screenshot of a photo from New Pokémon Snap or a screenshot of a moment in Pokémon Camp in Sword and Shield - we appreciate that not everyone has access to the new game.

Your screenshot may be cropped, rotated, and have brightness, focus, contrast and blur adjusted as per the Re-snap feature in NPS, but additional elements such as stickers, filters and borders may not be added. Your photo must feature at least a single Pokémon (obviously!).

Your entry should be sent by PM to me, and should also feature a title for the photo. Though this is primarily a photography competition, a witty title could help contextualise the scene or otherwise help users pick between two very good entries.

The window for submissions is two weeks long, open immediately and closing at 11.59pm British Summer Time on Monday 31st May. You may change your submission during this time, but only a single entry is permitted for the voting round.

1620551273802.png

Selecting the winners

After the closure of the submission window, the entries (and titles) will be placed in a public poll where people can vote for as many of their favourite photos as they like. The entries will be anonymised to ensure fairness, so please don't disclose your entry to anyone other than me until after the competition has concluded.

After another two-week window, the three entries with the most votes will be the winners! In the event of a tie, I will cast an impartial tiebreaker vote. Other staff are permitted to freely participate and vote.

1620377799244.png

Prizes
  • The top three entries will all receive a forum badge setting out their status as Snap Superstars
  • The top three entries will also be featured in a new forum skin dedicated to New Pokémon Snap
  • The overall winner will receive a custom signature banner befitting a photography champion
Good luck, snappers! Please ask any questions regarding the competition either in this topic or via PM.

Last edited:
I have two small questions:

What's the policy on spoilers? You said yourself not everyone owns or has played New Pokémon Snap just yet. Are photos from later areas in the game, or including post-game Pokémon, allowed as entries?

I understand using the filters and stickers in NPS isn't permitted, but is the Re-snap function from the Album allowed? It can only adjust zoom and crop, but it also has features like brightness, rotation, and vignette blur. Would using those count as editing your photo?

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
I should buy Snap for this, but my money's currently waiting for my phone bill to show up, and I have priorities on getting Famicom Detective Club first.

Guess I gotta boot up Sword and continue constantly camping (and shaking berry trees so I can feed my precious team)

I have two small questions:

What's the policy on spoilers? You said yourself not everyone owns or has played New Pokémon Snap just yet. Are photos from later areas in the game, or including post-game Pokémon, allowed as entries?

Yes, they are allowed, given that the game has been out for a little while now, the 'campaign' isn't especially long, and spoilers abound on other platforms.

I understand using the filters and stickers in NPS isn't permitted, but is the Re-snap function from the Album allowed? It can only adjust zoom and crop, but it also has features like brightness and vignette blur. Would using those count as editing your photo?

Good question. I will say yes, this is permitted, with the exception of filters - I will update the OP accordingly.

Hello everyone,

Just a reminder that you have a week to submit your entries - we've had a handful of great photos thus far, but rest assured that the field is wide open! For those playing Sword and Shield, don't be intimidated by the graphics of New Pokémon Snap; the ability to pick and choose which species to present via Camp gives you a major unique selling point.

By way of further enticement, I'm able to share a preview of one of our very exclusive prizes. Our top three contestants will each earn the privilege of displaying a supremely snazzy new forum badge:

Keep 'em coming, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom