• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

Something of a follow-up to an earlier one from pg. 13 - shuffling together the notes for the Ranger Union along with the other branches of law enforcement. I thought I'd throw it out to the forum to see what reactions it gets. The idea here is that between the Police Service and the Ranger Union, officers can move to the Criminal Investigation Service as detectives from either branch. So the structure would be something as follows [Police / CIS / Union]:

- / - / Cadet Ranger (CR)
(Probationary Constable) / - / Junior Ranger (JR)
Police Constable (PC) / Detective Constable (DC) / Ranger (RO)
Police Sergeant (PS) / Detective Sergeant (DS) / Ranger Sergeant (RS)
Police Inspector (Insp) / Detective Inspector (DI) / Lieutenant Ranger (RL)
Chief Inspector (Ch. Insp) / Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) / -
Superintendent (Supt) / Detective Superintendent (Det. Supt) / Station Marshal (SM)
Chief Superintendent (Ch. Supt) / - / Area Captain (AC)
Chief Constable (CC) / - / Deputy Commander (Dept. C)
Commissioner (Comm) / - / Region Commander (RC)

This sounds surreal, but...

Can anyone come up with Five Bad Band names that follows an Edible Theme Naming revolving around confectionery? The name sources should be at least obscure enough to sound competent.

This sounds surreal, but...

Can anyone come up with Five Bad Band names that follows an Edible Theme Naming revolving around confectionery? The name sources should be at least obscure enough to sound competent.
Here's some suggestions, based on a list I found, they're mostly candies and cakes. Just pick ones you like I guess.

Dodol
Cuberdon
Lokum
Nappo
Akanes
Ricola
Sugus
Zabala
Jaffa
Kreppel
Babka
Cassata
Dobos
Genoa
Kabuni
Magdalena

Does anybody have any good surnames (German or Dutch) for a mad doctor/biologist character I have for another story? I've been debating Doctor Fleischer or Doctor Messer, but I'm open to ideas. I'm kind of leaning into the German mad doctor cliche with this character, so it doesn't have to be super serious. First name is Mattias.

Does anybody have any good surnames (German or Dutch) for a mad doctor/biologist character I have for another story? I've been debating Doctor Fleischer or Doctor Messer, but I'm open to ideas. I'm kind of leaning into the German mad doctor cliche with this character, so it doesn't have to be super serious. First name is Mattias.

hmm German names are fun

Daube
Dieter
Egger
Herzog
Wagner
Kaiser
Koenig
Schroeder

just to throw out a few :p

von Speckschneider (bacon cutter)
von Schädelnagen (skull nibbling)
;)

Last edited:
Im trying to make a last name for my Pokemon trainer and his rival. Since they're brothers they would have the same last name.

If you need a short description, In universe my trainer likes to dress as his favorite cartoon character, Ash Ketchum. Sounds a bit weird but the general idea is that he bases his outfits on Ash's clothes, aside from a derpy Pikachu hat anyways(I have at least two of his outfits use a pokeball style though). And of course his goal is to become a Pokemon master by becoming champion of every region.

A bit of a more unique name. I mean his goal is to become Pokemon master by becoming champion of every region. Maybe it could have a dual meaning. One for him and another meaning for his older brother/rival.

His older brother wants to make the ultimate Pokemon team, capable of beating any trainer. He may or may not have intentionally forgot to set the alarm clock the night before causing his brother to oversleep. He like many other trainers also looks up to Pokemon trainer Red.

So you can see a difference. The protagonist looks up to Ash while his older brother respects Red. He is also very intelligent and able to calculate the percentage of meeting a shiny Pokemon with just a sheet of paper. Another aspect of the rival is that he calls his brother boy. Nothing else. Just boy.

@Robert Ketchum

Surnames meaning "enemy/rival/dark"

Sharar
Emil
Moreno
Duff
Rapp
Dunn

Surnames meaning "hero"

Akio
Conley
Divers
Halbert
Manning
Rodion
Salvatore
Sweeney

"Boyce" could be a last name for the protagonist, which is where the rival gets the nickname "boy" and it also annoys the protagonist because because called "boy" as a name can indeed be insulting. :p

The rival caling him boyce? Thats a neat little thing for him to do while still calling the protagonist boy. Lets see, Robert Akio and Jonathan Moreno. I can just imagine him going I have a last name you know!" And the rival saying "Yeah. It's boyce." As an fyi Im just gonna refer to them by the name options to see which has the best ring to it. Find out which ones I like best. And hey their mom and dad have separate last names so the two last names thing can work.

So lets see on which names can fit for Robert "Boyce". Robert Akio, Robert Conley, Robert Divers, Robert Halbert, Robert Manning, Robert Rodion, Robert Salvatore, Robert Sweeney. I think Akio fits best. Now for the rival. Jonathan Sharar, Jonathan Emil, Jonathan Moreno, Jonathan Duff, Jonathan Rapp, Jonathan Dunn. Moreno seems nice.

In some contexts, "The Maintainers" could be seen as neutral, if they're tasked with overseeing things to make sure nobody tampers with them, for better or for worse. "The Continuum" also works in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom