• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Need a Name Thread

I need a short, even abrupt name for a golett. I chose "Gil" only to become irritated by the alliteration when said together. "Gil" is genderless, and an unerringly polite go-fer bot.

Name story with my luxio, Luca. I'd like something straightforward and not especially feminine that also doesn't sound so close to "luxio." "Luca" is female and highly independent, living a solitary life out of town.

Sonny.

Robin.

I need a short, even abrupt name for a golett. I chose "Gil" only to become irritated by the alliteration when said together. "Gil" is genderless, and an unerringly polite go-fer bot.

Name story with my luxio, Luca. I'd like something straightforward and not especially feminine that also doesn't sound so close to "luxio." "Luca" is female and highly independent, living a solitary life out of town.
Nett and Bris(a)?

If you are looking for a female-sounding Golett name, try "Letty" or "Lettuce". Not sure if that's what you want, but I can't see somebody named Lettuce being very rude or violent. It's such a coincidence that I was literally thinking of Golett names last night, haha!

Sonny.

Robin.

Thanks, but Sonny implies maleness and it's always felt deeply odd to name a pokémon after a real animal. It's a little like calling her "Fletchling." Appreciate the suggestions!

Nett and Bris(a)?

I actually rather like these, particularly Brisa. I think that's going in! Thank you!

"Letty" or "Lettuce".

Cute! But it doesn't fit all that well, and I'm looking for something golem-y. Thanks though!

I'm fighting to get back into Different Eyes and I'm taking suggestions for names for pokémorph characters.

Almost anything is worth considering. Some morphs keep the names their trainers/guardians gave them (anything from Ginger
a tabby skitty
to Molly
a pet lillipup
to Sriracha
a fiesty combusken with a 10yo boy as a trainer
to Monstertruck
a granbull whose trainer has a certain sense of humour
,) some pick a human name they feel attached to (Alexis
after a fictional character they liked
, Morgan Church
after the human who rehomed him
, Alisha
after a human genetic donor
, Lavoisier
after a historical human they find interesting
), some morphs pick human words they like the sound or meaning of (Veracity
she cares deeply about verifiable truths
, Solace
he just likes how the word sounds
, Thirty-One
it's their favourite prime number
, Whiskey
it's maritime signal code for "I require medical assistance"
), and others try to come up with a name they feel represents them or approximates their name before they were morphed (Dusk
she was dusk patrol leader, once
, Arrows
for his fur pattern
, Little-cat Dragon-fist
for her fighting style
, Andesine
for the silicate gemstone that composes much of their body
).

I want to have a really healthy background cast of morphs, because of the nature of what I intend to do with the story. Therefore make as many suggestions as you like, whether including a species you'd find interesting as a morph, or not.

Last edited:
Yes, @Nitro Indigo, I noticed it straight away but didn't have a spare moment until just now to fix it. If you would, I suggest PMing this sort of thing to people in the future so it doesn't look odd once the error has been fixed.

@unrepentantAuthor i love monstertruck i know nothing about them but i already love them

Here are some potential candidates:
  • Severus, seviper
  • Giza, cofagrigus
  • Osmo
    male Finnish first name, somewhat similar to 'otso', a synonym for bear
    , ursaring
  • Puffball, breloom
  • Lumi
    Finnish for 'snow', common name for white-furred pets, also female first name, also sounds short for 'luminous'
    , any white cat/rabbit
  • Kaarina
    female Finnish first name, close to 'kaarna', tree bark
    , trevenant
  • any omastar i am biased
  • yes these are mostly Finnish puns
You can also use band/song names for epic jojo reference. Hell, maybe a Pokémorph use to watch the jojos as a mon.

Okay, despite having made some progress on my new series, Chaos Rising, I'm starting to have some conflicting ideas. So, I need a little help. I need some advice on certain character names and locations in this series. I've already come up with some, but certain locations and characters are starting to draw blanks. So, here's the ideas that I need help on.

1: One of the main character's name. He's a former Templar Knight (a la Angelo from Dragon Quest 8) and is the 6th party member to join Celtic as a result. His weapon-of-choice is an Starfire Bow and uses Healing, Support, Wind, and Water magic. I'm not sure which of the following names to use: Leon, Zeke, Irvine, or Chris. Leon was his beta name, but, depending on what happens with the 7th main character, there's going to be a lot of characters with names that start with "L", so I want a bit more variety.

2: The Druid Kingdom capital. One of the top 10 most powerful kingdoms in the world, the Druid capital is home to the rather enigma-like Druids. I haven't even come close to a name for their capital, so any ideas are appreciated.

3: A small farm village where the Spear Hero first screws up and ends up releasing demon plants onto it that Celtic and co have to fix. Like the above, any ideas are helpful.

4: A small kingdom in a box canyon near the mountains where the Bow Hero screws up and ends up causing bandit raids after killing the noble there, once again requiring Celtic's team to clean it up. Like the above two, any ideas are welcome.

5: The Shadokor royal family's names, as they're pretty important to the story. I've already got the King's name (Duskbane Darkstar), but I need names for his wife and two kids (boy and girl). Remember one thing: Shadokor are human-like demons (think Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins) but often have names associated with either various legends or darkness, so the names have to be along those lines.

That should do for now. Thanks in advance.

2: The Druid Kingdom capital. One of the top 10 most powerful kingdoms in the world, the Druid capital is home to the rather enigma-like Druids. I haven't even come close to a name for their capital, so any ideas are appreciated.

Why not go with something similar to Enigma, then? Enigmus or Nigma, maybe? Other ideas: Oakheart, Oakfort, Deepfirth, Whiteweald (Firth and weald are Old/Middle English terms for "forest")

3: A small farm village where the Spear Hero first screws up and ends up releasing demon plants onto it that Celtic and co have to fix. Like the above, any ideas are helpful.

Haydale, Maizeville, Barleyvale, Feorm, Feormian

@lapisora Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going with Whiteweald and Barleyvale, as they sound very appropriate, so I appreciate it.

Anywho, there has been a slight change of plans. Originally, one of the main characters (the "strongman" of the team) was going to be a male naga named Tyroe. However, because I figured that, since there are various exotic races that exist in this series' world, I'd go with something a bit more unusual instead. So, I decided to change that particular main character from a naga to an ogre scorpion (think the Scorpgals from Shantae, only they can be both genders, and, yes, I ripped that name off of Drapion). So, I need a name for him, now. Ogre Scorpions are a warrior race that specialize in Earth magic and have a lot of raw strength, able to lift entire buildings with their bare hands, though they are also almost always hungry. Ogre Scorpions also don't mind occasionally being beasts of burden, like pulling carts, as they get restless whenever they're not fighting or doing some sort of manual labor during the day (especially since they're pretty large, thus making it easy for them). This particular Ogre Scorpion is more of the gentle giant, as he doesn't mind relaxing, especially in places with lots of flowers. He will still be a fighter, however, especially since he still has his race's hotblooded tendencies, with him using both his stinger tail and a large warhammer as weapons. So, I need a name for him, as I'm sort of drawing a blank here. Any help is welcome, so thanks in advance.

Got a bit of a toughie. I'm trying to invent a name for a smallish merchant town. I want the name to be short, one or two syllables really, something exotic and possibly fantastical. Something with the same ring to it as Cadoan or Muscadet, except, well, not pinched from Final Fantasy

I'm making two fake regions (I swore I'd never even make one so I have failed myself) one based on the east lf the Mediterranean and one on the west but I can't come up with names. Any suggestions?

Okay, so, I'm writing an original Magical Girl story but I can't think of a name for the Magical Girl. I've already got everything else worked out (backstory, civillian name, etc) but I can't think of a name for the magical girl form. Anybody have any ideas? To give a starting point, his (yes I just said his. Let's just say I have a fondness of the Gender Bender trope and leave it at that, shall we) powers are ghostly and he has a ghost theme.

Depends what kind of vibe you're going for. I don't watch magical girl content as a rule, and the franchises with which I am familiar either have a naming theme, or no form names.

Back
Top Bottom